Product Links GRRRRRRR
    CJ, are you making any progress with the errors that occure any time i click on half of my merchants product links? I keep getting this error There was an error processing your request.

The incident has been logged and we are working to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Will this be fixed in this lifetime? I imagine that a lot of merchants are getting very upset with this crap.

I can tell you for certain CJ has "logged" lots of errors over the past week or so, as I've tried to get HUNDREDS of product links. Every once in a while, one goes through.

An update on their progress/lack of would be appreciated, but apparently it's on a "need to know" basis, and as mere affiliates, we don't need to know.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Not only that no results show up. I tried a search for cosutumes at Buy Costumes and nothing came up!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm able to get to the product linking pages and get the code but when I put it on my site, the link directs to a 404 page. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr -
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I have found the alternative way to Product links, but link this you can't get product details, like keywords, EPC, but you can get the Product HTML. DO not click on the product link, instead click on the GET HTML at the end of the product link, I never got any error like this.
    Hope this helps

Using the "get html" link has been working for me as well, when I can actually get catalog search results from the larger catalogs. I recently received an answer from CJ about the product links.

Hello,

The product search feature for publishers is not always functional. This feature is being phased out and will be replaced with a new feature sometime in October. We recommend that publishers that wish to use product links simply request a product catalog feed through CJ. To request a product catalog as a publisher, click the "Contact Us" link, "Ask A Question" and put Linking > CJO Product Links as the category. Bear in mind there is a $200 set up fee for setting up a data feed.

Regards,

Moe

In spite of the common of new cj features the change in the "get products" system could be a good thing.

When it doesn't display products because the catalog is too large, you are left guessing how to narrow your search without knowing what is in the catalog.

I'm hoping for some categories to drill through.

Does anyone know if The "$200 set up fee for setting up a data feed" is paid for each feed? Sounds that way...

15 years and counting
    Hello,

The product search feature for publishers is not always functional. This feature is being phased out and will be replaced with a new feature sometime in October. We recommend that publishers that wish to use product links simply request a product catalog feed through CJ. To request a product catalog as a publisher, click the "Contact Us" link, "Ask A Question" and put Linking > CJO Product Links as the category. Bear in mind there is a $200 set up fee for setting up a data feed.
    Regards,
    Moe
    So, that's CJ new plan. After messing up the reporting, they want to do the same with the product links.
    Thanks for the warning.

The product search feature for publishers is not always functional. This feature is being phased out and will be replaced with a new feature sometime in October.>>>>>>>>.

Umm, now why in the heck would they want to do this? Many times, I don't want or need a feed. I sure hope to hell they don't do this!

I have had the feeling for a long time that CJ was doing everything that they could to squeeze out the "small fry". I do not know how to use datafeeds and can not afford to pay $200 for the dubious "privilege". Looks like CJ has almost achieved their goal.

about 4 years ago, they got rid of product links before everybody screamed like hell. Now they are doing it again? My sites that used datafeeds all got whacked off the map from Google.. CJ will deeply regret it, if they get rid of the product links.

I don't know exactly what they will do, but there is nothing to indicate in that message that you will not be able to access products. I'm optimistically hoping for a better way to browse/find products in a large catalog. Yhis would probably just mean breaking out the merchants categories in a page. All crystal ball stuff on my part...but that would sure mean more unique pages from me.

And the $200 datafeed setup isn't new. I haven't used it.

I have had the feeling for a long time that CJ was doing everything that they could to squeeze out the "small fry".
    I guess that's one way to fix their server overload. Supply and demand...

I'm still hoping for the best, but I've only been an affiliate for aout a year.

Exclamation
    sometimes when using a search for product links you have to be a little creative. the person who typed the description into the database for each product may not have used enough words. also, CJ gives you no clue which key words will give results when the merchant has over a thousand products.

you may wish to go to the merchant's site and move around in it, making note of possible product names and classes for keywords to use in the product code search.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    sometimes when using a search for product links you have to be a little creative. the person who typed the description into the database for each product may not have used enough words. also, CJ gives you no clue which key words will give results when the merchant has over a thousand products.

you may wish to go to the merchant's site and move around in it, making note of possible product names and classes for keywords to use in the product code search.

Good tips. I have also adapted to a broken car door handle.

However I know the search terms that worked previously for the categories I am filling...functionality comes and goes.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread