Data Feeds

I am trying to build out a site that dynamically generates many of my pages by using data feeds. IE, I can build out a retail portion of the site by using the data feed from a CSV file that an online eCommerce company like Overstock would provide.

I believe the tool I would need for something like this would be a parser as well as a dynamic page generator. I am not that technically knowledgeable so wondering if anyone has used such a tool and could recommend where I could get one? Or if there is another type of tool that would do what I need, please let me know.

Take off eh?
    Instead of posting multiple posts in different forums asking the same question, take about 12 seconds, look at all the different forums available here ... most notably the one called "datafeed forum" ... and then do a little reading.

Lots of info there, not only on datafeed basics but on different tools you can use.

Look up webmerge or goldencan ... from your questions, I would point you to the searchterm "goldencan" .. .and it's forum. Easier to get up and running and less chance of making a mess of things... nothing personal

hope this helps,
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Thanks guys for the help and guidance. I really appreciate it.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread