View Poll Results: When it comes to browers...

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I mostly use Internet Explorer

21 41.18%
  • I mostly use Firefox

22 43.14%
  • I use them both about equally

2 3.92%
  • I mostly use some other option

6 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Explorer vs Firefox
    We're optimizing our site right now for Firefox. But then I thought, are there really that many affiliates who use Firefox? Can I see a show of hands here of affiliates who actually use Firefox as their main browser?

Myself, I hate the idea of the MS monopoly.... but I still use IE.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

I use Firefox exclusively, except for those rare times where I need to use Synergy Analytics or to test to make sure some site looks ok from IE. I consider using IE to be an unacceptably risky behavior, considering the number of vectors it offers for system infestation.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

ABW User Stats
    ==============
    Internet Explorer - 78.07%
    Mozilla - 12.62%
    Mozilla Compatible Agent - 2.98%
    Netscape - 2.03%
    Safari - 0.94%
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

When browsing, I use,

- I.E. When everything at a website needs to work and look properly.
    - Firefox mostly when I know the page will work, or just "looking" at web sites.
    - Opera when everything needs to be locked down completely.

Fred

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Leave it to Haiko to end the discussion! I second infoTim's statement.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Netscape for me. I like the way I can shrink items down with Print Preview/Shrink to Fit.

Other than that and the past IE security problems, a browser is a browser.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I use 3 different browsers depending on what I'm doing but use IE mostly. IE is a pain in the a$$ from time to time but I prefer it.

I like to use non-IE browsers to check my new sites to make sure they don't look like crap.

TM
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

This is a Windows-free household, so it is Safari on my wife's mac or Firefox on my laptop.

And blissfully virus-free to boot!

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Most Firefox hits I get to GoodBulbs have either SAS or ABW as the referrer, or are from current affs.

I think I've seen it on an SE-generated visit about once or twice...

I use IE, myself. Although I've thought of trying out Firefox to see just what's supposed to be so great about it, I don't think I'd replace IE for everyday use. And, if what's so great about it is merely "it's not M$" then to heck with it.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Maybe I'm just careful where I surf without realizing it, but I rarely get any problems with internet explorer. Never actuallly. Either way, I've got all my Favorites bookmarked already in IE, all the cookies I need are set. I'm used to how IE works. Seems like switching over would be more of a pain in the a$$ than anything.

Maybe I've just been lucky.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

I'm a Staunch firefox believer/follower. I got hooked by the tabbed browsing, then came all the cool extensions available, at that point I started praying to the firefox gods. It cuts my workload drastically. 10% firefox users on my personal sites.

Michael

p.s forgot to mention the "super drag and go" extension.........thats just the best

I usually check important pages in IE, Firefox, and Opera. Personally, I use IE mostly at the office, and Firefox at home, although sometimes I use IE at home as well. It depends on what I'm doing.

I do like Firefox's tabs better than IE's new window, and you can import all your Favorites from IE when you download Firefox, which I think is really nice.

Firefox seems slower to me than IE for some reason. It might just be my imagination.

I do use Opera rarely when I want to make sure a page looks perfect, but for browsing I don't care for it as much as Firefox.

My site stats show about 10% Firefox, 6% Other, and the rest is IE.

My last 12,000 visitors to my biggest site:

Browsers Grabber Hits Percent
    MS Internet Explorer No 113149 65.8 %
    Unknown 35397 20.6 %
    Firefox No 14180 8.2 %
    Netscape No 3542 2 %
    Safari No 2268 1.3 %
    Phoenix No 1313 0.7 %
    Mozilla No 1189 0.6 %
    Opera No 293 0.1 %
    Konqueror No 182 0.1 %
    WebTV browser No 85 0 %

August site stats show something like:

62% MSIE
    25% FireFox
    5% Safari
    4% old Mozilla/Netscape
    4% random stuff like Opera, Camino, Mac IE, and so on.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Why can't I vote? Anyway, I use Firefox because working with 15 pages opened in the same time is better with tabs than multiple windows. I use IE only when I do web design and I hack the code to fit the design with both Firefox and IE 6 cause IE is very important and Firefox is enough important to do an effort on the design to fit perfectly.

FIreFox all the way for me. I use IE only when I want to confirm something and, sometimes, I even forget to look at it when I'm making a website.

And I heard there is no hope for IE7 either.

ABW Ambassador
    I had to say equally because I only use IE at work and only Firefox at home, unless I need to check something in IE. I'll use Firefox at work whenever they get us our new computers...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    ABW User Stats
    ==============
    Internet Explorer - 78.07%
    Mozilla - 12.62%
    Mozilla Compatible Agent - 2.98%
    Netscape - 2.03%
    Safari - 0.94%
    you stole my browser stats they are almost equal to that.

firefox here.. no fun without tabbed browsing.

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I use IE most, but I like firefox much more. IE is my default browser, I keep forgeting to switch it to firefox, that's the only reason I'm using IE now.
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

I use Firefox 100% now
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Anyway, I use Firefox because working with 15 pages opened in the same time is better with tabs than multiple windows.
    What's the big difference between 15 pages open at once accessible via tabs at the top, and 15 pages open at once, accessible via what amounts to tabs at the bottom?! "Tabbed browsing" seems to me like just a special name for what appears to be a cosmetic change. Granted it's a bit easier to look up than down, but not by all that much.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    What's the big difference between 15 pages open at once accessible via tabs at the top, and 15 pages open at once, accessible via what amounts to tabs at the bottom?!
    Couple of advantages.. tabbed browsing allows you to hold many different pages logically under the one window. Another is that sets of related pages can be grouped within each of several windows. So when I'm looking ABW & BBC, I usually would have two firefox windows. One with several threads of ABW opened together & one with several BBC pages.

Using tabs instead of new windows to display content creates a smaller memory footprint and therefore reduces the strain on the OS. Not an expert on this one though.

This is one of the many things that one might be able to appreciate only after using for a few months. Leader, initially I too thought the same way as you do when a friend strongly advocated firefox

-nishith

Man, when MS gets control of a market, it's very hard to compete. This is just another example of how they develop products that most people feel comfortable using. Even though there have been many patches for the IE system, people still want to keep using the product.

Oh & one more benefit of using firefox is all the plugins/extensions. Thanks to all these open-source stuff, suddenly firefox can become so much more than just a browser. Think about this session saver extension. Its super cool. If you have five tabs in your firefox window & if you close firefox & restart it, you still have those five tabbed pages. Another cool extension is GreaseMonkey.

Check out https://addons.mozilla.org/?application=firefox

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast