Exclamation How to escalate issue to cj manager?
    Does anyone know how to move an issue past cj.com support to an manager?

Also, does cj.com provide any mechanism to provide feedback on their custmer service personal?

To date, no response. I understand the "current" rollout is taking resources but this is getting old.

Below is my exchange with cj.com customer service.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Auto-Response 08/09/2005 10:38 AM
    Hello,

This message is to let you know that Commission Junction has not forgotten your question and is still working to provide you with an answer. Although it is not always possible, we hope to respond within the next 24 hours! Thanks for your patience.

Customer 08/08/2005 10:37 AM
    M****,

Can you provide me the following:

Does commission junction have a link where I can rate your customer service?
    Also, your employee number so I can rate your customer service.
    Finally, how do I escalate this to a manager.

Thank you.

Response (M****) 08/08/2005 10:01 AM
    Hi ,

I ran some reports and checked out your ipowerweb link on http://. Everything looks to be set up properly. Could the user have had any software installed that could be blocking their cookies or adjusted their settings in any way?

Please contact the advertiser directly and provide them with information related to the transaction to prove the sale was made through your site, so they may need to manually credit you for the referral.

Thank you,
    Client Services

Customer 08/05/2005 07:33 PM
    Hi M****,

Not sure if you understand my question or the situation.

According to cj.com reporting site, two CLICKS and one IMPS were recorded for the day in question (08/04/05). Because cj.com recorded the information, by default we can assume the user has cookies enabled and are not blocked for the user who made a purchase. The same user had purchased from me previously from the same url, which was tracked correctly. Further adding support that the user has cookies enabled and is not blocking. The affiliate link I sent to the user is not publicly accessible and he is the only one who was sent this url and had accessed said affiliate link. See attached cj.com report for CLICK and IMPS information.

I know the user and was informed that he had made the purchase. Had I not know that he made a purchase, I would have not known a sale was made and would not be now inquiring into why it was not recorded. Do you follow?

I will contact the advertiser and follow up but my concern is for future sales where I may or may not be informed. Why would a sale be recorded for one advertiser and not another, when the user was able to make a purchase and have the transaction successfully tracked?

Thank you

Response (M****) 08/05/2005 11:17 AM
    Hi,

There are a few reasons why a purchase may not have been tracked. The person buying the product could have had their cookies disabled on their browser, or they might have had some cookie blocking software (AdAware). Please contact the advertiser directly and provide them with information related to the transaction (date of sale, order#, customer name, etc...) to prove the sale was made through your site, as they may need to manually credit you for the referral. You can contact the advertiser through your CJ Account Manager. From your homepage, click on the "Mail" tab, then "Compose," and then select the advertiser from the dropdown box.

Thank you,
    Client Services

Auto-Response (M****) 08/05/2005 10:32 AM
    Thank you for contacting Commission Junction. This is an e-mail confirmation regarding the incident you entered into our system. Incident specifics are as follows...

050805-000097
    08/05/2005 10:32 AM
    comission for web hosting signup.

You should expect a response regarding resolution from Commission Junction within 72 normal business hours. Further details regarding the status of this incident are available by selecting the incident via the "Contact Us" link on the upper right side of the account interface, then choose the "Go" link associated with Question Status.

Replies to this e-mail will not be processed.

Sincerely,

Client Services
    Commission Junction, a ValueClick company
    530 Montecito St.
    Santa Barbara, CA 93101
    p:800-761-1072
    f:805 730 8001

Customer () 08/05/2005 10:32 AM
    Hello,

I did not receive a commission for a web hosting purchase made yesterday, August 4th, 2005 with ipowerweb.com
    The url for the signup was done at http://
    The user has cookies enabled and using Internet explorer 6.0.
    A earlier purchase with yahoo web hosting using the above url was made with the commission correctly performed for the same user.

See attached, Fwd Purchase Confirmation.txt, for purchase confirmation.

According to cj.com reporting site, two CLICKS and one IMPS were recorded for the day in question (08/04/05). Because cj.com recorded the information, by default we can assume the user has cookies enabled and are not blocked for the user who made a purchase.
    The fact that impressions and a click were recorded is no proof at all that the user had cookies enabled.

Cookies would only be involved if the user visited the site, where a tracking cookie is written, and later returned to make a purchase with a certain time period.
    Makes you wonder why cj.com support repeatedly claims it's a "cookie" issue when it could be its system.

From cj.com own site.
    http://www.cj.com/solutions/faq.jsp
    TRACKING

How does Commission Junction track transactions on the Web?
    Commission Junction uses cookies to track advertiser sales and leads. Cookies are used in two stages of tracking: at ad load and when the ad is clicked. The function of these cookies is solely for the purpose of paying publishers (Web site owners) commissions when a consumer creates a lead or makes a purchase.

What about customers who have their cookies turned off?
    Over 99% of all Internet users have cookies enabled in their browsers (less than 1% of all users have their cookies disabled). The fact is that cookie-based technology is a reality that will remain a part of consumer tracking for individual Internet businesses. In the highly unlikely situation that a customer has cookies disabled, the customer is out of the range of publisher tracking and sales that occur cannot be tracked.
    Last edited by webbiz; September 2nd, 2005 at 07:11 PM.

Well, it only took over a 1 1/2 months for a response.

From the "senior" CSR at cj.com
    ======================================================

Response (Jeff) 09/23/2005 12:17 PM

Thanks again for sharing your comments. While the current state of technology can never be 100% accurate 100% of the time, the integrity of Commission Junction's reporting far exceeds the industry standard. Certainly there are going to be bugs and glitches here and there. But success in the internet industry is all about the law of large numbers.

Here's my analogy for the day: When a fisherman pulls up his net from the sea there are always a few lucky ones that escape and fall back into the ocean. Success in the web publishing industry is about casting wider nets and finding where the fish are biting.

I can honestly tell you that we look at reports and data all day long and while there are issues here and there, the system is at least 98% accurate 100% of the time.

As for the issue back in November of 2004 which you cited (041119-000117), I looked at the trail of emails and the last one said, "Dear ....what was the date of transaction?" There was no response to that email.

I'm sorry if you feel that we are not accurate in our reporting of sales and commissions, but keep in mind that if you don't get a sale, we don't get a sale --- you don't make a commission, we don't make a commission. Our businesses is focused on the accuracy and integrity of transactions and we work extremely hard to make sure everything works 100% of the time.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Sr. Client Services Representative

======================================================
    Funny things is they: cj.com and vender profited from the sale and when I inform them of the lost transactions reporting I'm told "oh well" too bad.

Does anyone know email address or name for cj.com's CEO?

I also plan to file a complaint with the BBB.

"While the current state of technology can never be 100% accurate 100% of the time, the integrity of Commission Junction's reporting far exceeds the industry standard"

Actually, CJ and Linkshare's reporting IS the industry standard. Which is why the legal system will probably leave "the industry" in a shambles once enough people give up and turn their attention from solving CJ/Linshare problems to filing complaints with the appropriate bureaus and agencies.

WebWiz,

was the term at the time limited to an "Action Referral Occurrences of 1 time"?

It shows that they currently are unlimited with the execption of a domain purchase. In other words if the cookie was still in place (not deleted from your clients temp internet files) you would not be paid for a second sale.

Was this for a domain or for hosting?

Could the user have had any software installed that could be blocking their cookies or adjusted their settings in any way?
    You should have emailed him back and pointed out the fact that quite probably the user did have software on their PC and you could bet money that they did not know it.

You could also point out that it is only because CJ allow the parasites to steal from us that things like this are happening. After all according to CJ every bloody parasite and cookie stuffing assole that comes down the pike is "in compliance"
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread