Exclamation Award-Winning Profitable UK Movie Portal for Sale
    The portal http://www.UKHotMovies.com , which is the product of thousands of hours of work, is for sale. Find out more here: http://www.UKHotMovies.com/buy

Can offer special discount to ABW members.

If anybody knows any good business brokers, please let me know.

Thanks

if your sites are so profitable... why are you selling them???????????
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I'd like to sell some of my sites because the company I run owns over 70 websites and I'd like some time away from the computer.

I'm not desperate to sell any site and will be more than delighted to hang on to them, but if anybody appreciates their value and is willing to take them off our hands, I'll be happy. It's give me more time to do other things which I haven't been able to over the last eight years such as... eat, sleep and maybe even leave my PC for a couple of hours a day

Any clue on how much the price?

I am willing to pay about 7 to 8 month revenue of the site.

andersoon

Thanks for your message andersoon. The price is stated clearly on the page I linked to.

We are not willing to sell it for 7 or 8 months revenue as the site has been automated to a degree you would not imagine. Sections of the site update themselves based on the time of the year etc. Box office charts and reviews appear on our site without manual intervention from sites we have partnered with. A programmer has just spent countless hours on scripting to update site with movie info. from IMdB, Amazon etc. We suffered losses for years to invest in marketing and building the site. It's all investment in the long term, something most webmasters don't bother doing. So, for very little maintenance, we will continue to make money for years to come.

ABW Ambassador
    $80,000 for a site that makes $400 a month? Is the bubble really back?

Haven't you tried to sell this site previously?

Chet

The reason I don't visit this forum as much as other ones is because people (a) have difficulties reading English and (b) are trigger-happy at knocking others down.

Nowhere, not in one place, does it say the site makes $400. It makes more than that.

Also it doesn't say that the site is $80,000. It says that figure minus 20% which is $64,000.

So you quoted two false figures in one sentences. Well done.

Oh, and for your interest, we're currently in negotiations with somebody whose willing to pay close to the asking amount. She has the foresight to see that this site has been built for long-term profitability.

Also we sold another quality site we owned last year for a six figure sum.

Thank you.

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.ukhotmovies.com/buy/
    Net revenue per month: several hundred pounds profit a month.
    That is roughly $400.

Even profit vs revenue, $80,000 (that is your asking price, anything else is a discount to that price), wow.

That is the only figure you supply on that page dealing with revenue, so...

Also it has been for sale previously, and you refused to answer the questions being asked
    http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...tmovies.com%2A

I guess you don't like that site either?

Chet

According to xe.com 1 = $1.838. So $400 would be about 220. According to the dictionary definition of "several", it is more than 2 or 3. If I meant to say 200 I would have said "a couple of hundreds pounds".

So $400 does not equate to "several hundred pounds".

I have a BA in English Literature and an MA in English Philology; I worked for several years as a journalist and sub-editor, so I shouldn't think my English would be so appalling that I didn't know what several meant.

I suggest the mods close this thread because, instead of serious questions about the site, somebody is trying throw a spanner in the works with incorrect figures about asking price and revenue.

If anybody is serious about buying the site, please PM me. Otherwise I'm busy: am working on more quality content for the site so that I hope it gets mentioned on the BBC again.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Okay, I'll ask a serious question.

What's your justification for asking $80K for a site that generates <$12K a year?

Thank you for your serious question Rhea.

Regarding profit v. revenue, the difference is because we not been focussing on generating revenue.

Like I have said in the comprehensive 'site for sale' page, the team behind the site has focused on drawing traffic and building a steady stream of regular visitors rather than generating money. There is a potential to make more money. e..g it must be one of the few movie portals which doesn't have a banner above the fold.

If anybody is not happy with the asking price, then it is their perogative not to buy the portal. I am not forcing anybody to buy it and, indeed, am not desperate to sell it. I am investing in it every day because I'm more than happy to hang onto the site and profit from it years done the line: I've got somebody building new actor galleries as we speak and someone else writing fresh content. I can see the long term revenue potential and if others don't see the value of a portal which has 17,600 references to it in Google and 82,300 in Yahoo then it's their choice to not buy the site.

Rupert Murdoch's Sky TV in the UK was making a loss of over 1 million a month in the early 90s when satellite TV first came to Britain. There were all kinds of cynics who mocked him, saying he was buffoon for losing so much money. But he was investing in the future: he was willing to take a loss because, like every smart businessperson, he thought in the long term not in the short term. That same buffoon is now making tens of millions of pounds in profit and has a monopoly on satellite TV delivery in the UK.

Sorry, I must go. Have got work to do.

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts

ABW Ambassador
    Nadeem, my questions were simple, my math close enough for it to not be out of the ballpark. You have numerous times offered this site and others for sale on various forums. Always, always ducking the revenue question or throwing up smoke. Always claiming how much work everything took, how much traffic, the award winning, one of a kind, leading in its market...

here is a thread from you on another site you tried to sell here
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...village.com%2A

I would be suspect from any claim coming from you, you have a 3+ year history of "fishy" attempts to sell sites. They are always about to be sold to someone for the asking price, never need to be sold, but yet here you are always selling them... again.

Chet

OK, Chet, thanks for feedback. If you think I'm being 'fishy' then it's your (unsubstantiated) opinion. I won't sink to your level by replying with derogatory remarks about you. I've laid out as many facts I possibly can. I wrote a page with hundreds of words describing what was on offer and have tried to be as open and frank as possible. Don't see many other people doing that. Also, unlike other webmasters, I don't hide my details or sites in my profiles.

The more information one discloses, obviously the more it lays one out to attacks to people who have nothing better to do. I could take screengrabs of communication from people who have contacted me, but why should I reveal such private correspondance? Nobody else does - though I will email it to anybody who suspects me and wants proof.

If you think I'm being fishy or underhand then that's fair enough. I'm a businessman and I have tried to sell my sites here because a section has been set up for that purpose and countless other people try to. The only reason I'm willing to sell my 'babies' (almost literally, I have lived alone for the last 15 years and my sites mean a lot to me!) is because I am tired of working 90 odd hours a week - is 2am now in England and I started working at 10am. But I don't just come here to sell - I also spend a fair amount of time trying to helping others I meet on ABW and other forums. Just a few minutes ago I disclosed hard-learned info. to a newbie about which PPC search engines worked for us and which ones didn't - and revealing one of our 'secret' sources of high qualty traffic. Hesitated for a second before putting it down for everyone to read, but then thought "what the hell, we're all a community out to help each other".

Hope you have a good day.
    Last edited by Azam; September 10th, 2005 at 09:05 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    You have never posted traffic graphs, solid revnue let alone screen grabs. This is advice, you have been trying to sell them for four years, why not work them and show the revenue they can generate and then show real stats? You have had 4 years to do it...

Thank you for the advice.

I've never disclosed such info. before but you've said I haven't posted screengrabs of stats. Here are stats from just a couple of affiliate networks proving revenue from the site - as anybody can see from the UKHotMovies.com we are using several advertisers from several different networks + Adsense + CPM + CPC ads. I will not reveal any more information in a publicly-accessible messageboard. People may email me if they are genuinely interested in buying the site and I will provide stacks more evidence. Evidence 1 and Evidence 2.

I won't answer any more questions or disclose more data in public.

Thanks.

Although Chetf brings some very valid points to focus, I have decided I will close this thread as Nadeem has requested.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

17. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread