Hoodia Place
    I was wondering why Hoodia Place wasn't converting in August. Until I got their newsletter last night that talked about their supplier going out of business last month. That was the first I ever heard about that. I don't remember getting anything advising affiliates that they couldn't fulfill new orders in August. Did I just miss it or was it just never sent and the problem was kept quiet??

I visited Hoodia Place right away and clicked on order. In huge letters it said that they were out of stock but in the same huge letters right below it it also said "click here to order hoodia from drugstore.com"

All the traffic I sent to Hoodia Place in August was being redirected to drugstore.com (not sure if it is an affiliate link or not) which gave me ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO, NADA in commissions!

I was soooooooooooo angry! I sent them a reply that reflected my state of mind at the time.

I just want to know how many Hoodia Place affiliates were told about this problem and if a newsletter was ever sent out to this effect. I had major computer problems in August and was offline for probably a couple of weeks throughout the month so it is possible that I just missed it.

I really wish we could see stats from previous months at SAS!

Thanks.

Catwoman

Sounds unfortunate and unfair....They should have contacted share-a-sale right away with the problem! It is possible that they had funds in their account and knew they were going to get free traffic from affiliates....I'd have Brian check into this.
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

I'm not sure what the lack of response to this thread means. I'm certain I'm not the only Hoodia Place affiliate here. They do tend to go offline every now and then but they've been online for a while now, obviously. They don't have to pay any commissions on any new orders!

I don't know if Brian could do anything about this. He certainly can't tell a merchant what to put or not to put on their own site. However, it would be nice to see all Hoodia Place links disabled and put this merchant offline until they start taking orders again. Right now nobody is making any money with their SAS links.

I'll be looking for a quick replacement now that I've turned off all advertising until my links are changed.

Is drugstore.com parasite free or is it another LS infected merchant? I couldn't find anything either way when I looked at their affiliate agreement. Or should that answer the question that anything and everything is allowed in advertising them?

Thanks.

Catwoman

Drugstore was one of the first stores I ever dropped. That was a while ago. lots of clicks no sales, you fill in the blanks.

Oh not cool! I'm not an affiliate but I'd dump their butts most ricky tic. I checked their site and you are right!! Their redirect uses a "linksynergy.com" redirect. Isn't that a linkshare affiliate URL? Pretty shady if you ask me!

Hopefully Brain will disable their butts.

TM
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

I just emailed SAS about this. Hopefully both their programs, Hoodia Place AND Hoodia Ultra, will be disabled today. Both sites are doing the exact same thing.

Shady is an understatement! So they have been using SAS and their affiliates to drive traffic to a Linkshare affiliate program in August and still are today. Talk about free money for them huh?

Catwoman

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Catwoman,

I will look at it, being a holiday I doubt I'll get enough time to take any action today but will find a solution to this as soon as I can.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks Brian.

Catwoman

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Both programs closed for the time being...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Both programs closed for the time being...
    Gotta love Brian, huh? :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread