15 years and counting
    Merchant Payment History
    Is it just me? I was looking at my Merchant list in the Payment History report and it seems that list was shorter than usual. Sure enough, my merchants paying me directly are not there anymore?
    I HATE PEOPLE MAKING CHANGES without informing us of what is going on.

I've not seen any significant changes in that USELESS SynergyAnalytics, the only point important to me after the old reporting and the payment information was that Payment History report. (With ALL MY MERCHANTS) Where is that information now?

They don't include merchants we don't have relationships for, either. That's a real bummer, because many of us used that to see how quickly merchants pay before we sign up with them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Part of my success with LinkShare Merchants was my ability to weed out of my websites their scumbags and this report was very important to me.
    The information was there with our old reports, they took it away but last month I had the pleasure to see the report back with SynergyAnalytics. It was the first opportunity for these ... to lure me to come back.
    Didn't last too long! Thanks Michael, I was wondering if that report was just a dream.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Zeus,
    Here's some additional information on the new SynergyAnalytics Merchant Payment History Report as posted in ABW and in our most recent affiliate newsletter.....

The new report will reflect if and when LinkShare has received payment from a merchant for a specific invoice period, beginning with the March invoice period (the old report left off at February). For a specific invoice period, the report will include information for merchants who are paying you a commission for that period. “Received” means the merchant’s payment was received and the funds have cleared. We wait until the funds clear so we can be assured of distributing the funds to you. For your information, merchant payments received via wire transfer clear the next day. For merchant payments received by check, banks generally take 5 or more business days to clear a check.

In the new Merchant Payment History report, we are providing the actual “Payment received on” date after 7/29. For payments received prior, we include the merchant payment status without the date. When we first implemented our new payment system, the payment received date was not recorded in real time. This did not impact the timing of your payments. We were batch entering payments received and cleared up to the release of a consolidated payment. As of 7/29, we adjusted our process to enter each payment as the merchant funds clear.

The new report logic differs from the old report in another way. For example, your July Merchant Payment History information should appear in your report once we authorize a payment batch that includes July commissions for at least one of your merchants. After your report updates to include payment history information for the newest invoice period, it will continue to show additional merchant payment dates for that period as they occur. We're looking into ways to change this logic so you can see the newest invoice period sooner.

Kelli

15 years and counting
    Kelli,
    OK, you add new information, I don't mind... I'm not picky, I don't really care...
    but I want to see the BASIC information.
    Where are all my merchants in that list? I've to watch some very closely.
    That list starting in March was the continuity of the old reports, all my merchants with "Payment Received on " some with one date, some without. I knew at least they were paying.
    Now, I've many of my merchants missing in action. Why? Where are they? The information was there last month.

I find it rather strange that no merchants have yet paid for July (it's now September for God's sake!!). In my reports it still has June payments, and no column for July yet. With the old reporting system we at least knew whether the merchant had paid or whether LS was still awaiting payment. Now we are just kept in the dark. This whole SynergyAnalytics system is a step backward instead of forward.

Some have paid. It shows for me. I had a few merchants that made it just in time for the 8/22 batch. Right now, it only shows once the consolidated payment has been generated, so they won't show for you yet if none of your merchants paid for July before 8/22.

I'm showing July payments received for about half of my merchants, mostly after 8/22.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Many of my merchants have paid for July (the ones listed at least, don't know anymore about the others). One (known for fast payment but erratic reporting Paid July on August 18, 2005).

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm showing July payments received for about half of my merchants, mostly after 8/22.
    Dang MC! I still don't even have a COLUMN for July!!!

If that means NONE of my merchants have paid for July yet - then I sure picked the wrong merchants to partner with!!

When I first posted that, Kelli said it should appear as we get closer to the 8th of the month. Well today's the 6th - how much "closer" can we get????

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    If that means NONE of my merchants have paid for July yet - then I sure picked the wrong merchants to partner with!!
    The column currently won't appear until you have a merchant whose payment has made it through the entire process: payment, clearing, and inclusion in a batch payment. Odds are you have several that have made it through the first two steps (after 8/22) but won't be included in a batch until around 9/8.

It's a totally stupid way to do it, but that's what we're stuck with for now. I know they've heard our feedback and will probably change it, but that doesn't help you now.

In the meantime, you might want to start promoting one of the really quick payers. That will cause the column to show up quicker for you. Overstock.com is usually one of the first to pay.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    While I know there are people who have posted they do this because they love it...

I do it for the money!

Linkshare has a zillion new convoluted reports to "help affiliates" - yet NOT ONE report can tell me the only thing I care about: did my merchants pay up yet - and how much will my commission check be?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    While I know there are people who have posted they do this because they love it...

I do it for the money!

Linkshare has a zillion new convoluted reports to "help affiliates" - yet NOT ONE report can tell me the only thing I care about: did my merchants pay up yet - and how much will my commission check be?
    Darn it Billy you ask the simplist logical questions. The new LS stats team are just pimple faced gamers tasked with making Linksynergy into a video quest game. They drop in game hints and reward tokens allowing some to get to the next level. If they provided what you and the rest of us ask for they'd be out of a job.... game over!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread