ABW Ambassador
    Everytime I go to cj.com i get this popup from this company called Aadcom or something - says drive targeted traffic. It even has the cj login in the url. It is really beginning to PISS me off. Anyone have a clue.

Jada,

Todd did answer ....

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Jada said her pop ups were coming from Aadcom (www.aadcom.com). I checked out their site and they focus on interstitials (i.e. Pop Ups). They also have a "screen saver" you can download. I would bet this is the problem. They may be hiding a program in screen savers that allow them to pop up ads. I may be wrong but if you are experiencing pop ups I would look into this a little more.

Regards,

Todd,

The url in the pop up is : http://64.23.60.10/cgi-bin/acuban.pl?pick=aadcompig:0:c which is:

Registrant:
    Brad Stewart
    1307 18th street suite 2
    santa monica, CA 90404
    US

and

Kuras, Ed (usa banners)
    1740 E. Gary Ave. St# 103
    Santa Ana , CA 92705
    949-752-2933

Why did I get this pop up AFTER I logged in ... Whats the deal?

And NO I didn't install any screen saver or anything since WhenU which was about a month ago!

Haiko

I bet her screen saver makes a call to an .ini file in the screen savers directory. And that the .ini file has the same IP addresses in it.

Try looking for .ini files with the IP in it, than delete the .ini file

Domino,

That was my screenshot. I have only the original IBM screensaver that came with my TP.

The popup showed after I logged into CJ and you can see what else I had open.

Haiko

:eek: New ParasiteWare™

Go here for more details!

Haiko

Haiko,

What it's going to take to put a stop to the parasite ware is a lawsuit for fraud by an affiliate against a major merchant and an adnetwork, then winning it for real damages.

Then the merchants will make it crystal clear to the ad networks that they will get big time trouble for allowing any connection to any scumware and they will make real sure they don't get joined up with the pirates.

Fred,

Easier ... MUCH easier said then done!

Real Lawsuits cost TONS of money and are a pain in the @ss ... and NO, I do not think it will stop the ParasiteWare. Besides, when we win ... what damages are are there to be had from the pikers?

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks - but I don't have a screensaver on my computer that I downloaded off the internet or anywhere else for that matter. The only thing I may have recently downloaded was some ebooks. This thing actually refers to the cj login in the url that's on my computer.

Hey Haiko - how do you make that screenshot. That's neat.

Jada,

Go here for more details! about the Aadacom crap.

To do a screenshot hit the Print Screen button (on your keyboard), open a graphics program and click paste (in the program), I resized the screen to 500X375 pixels so it would fit.

Thank you for the purchase the other day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Haiko

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I think a criminal prosecution for fraud, where you put someone in prison.....that would do it. Go for money afterwards. But you have to convince some prosecutor to take up your cause...

Todd,

Obviously they are targetting CJ advertisers ... and CJ doesn't care? Doesn't CJ realize the long term effects that these guys can have on affiliate marketing? :confused:

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread