Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Merchants Should be Ticked
    I'm curious as to how the merchants all feel about the problems going on at CJ. Since the update getting product links, getting logged off and the other bugs has to be effecting their numbers.

I've been forced to add merchants from other programs because of all the problems going on. The last few weeks as much as I would of liked to build pages around some of CJ's merchants I was forced to use merchants from other networks. Although I have always done this in the past there were several merchants that would of been a nice fit from CJ.

It's time for the merchants to consider like we all affiliates should not to keep all the eggs in one basket and expand to other networks such as Shareasale. JMO of course

What Packy said. And I'll add this: opening a ticket through CJ's AAQ is doing no good. They only send out an automated message that it has been received, but nothing seems to ever happen to it. Even over a week later, it's still "Unresolved."

Waiting over a week to get product links once a ticket has been opened is inexcusable. How much money is this costing all of us? When you add in down time prior to this, we're going on a month since things have worked properly.

Andy

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    We're just as frustrated as everyone else with the inability to check reports when we need them, to use the interface without waiting an hour for each page to load or getting error messages instead of whatever we asked to get (i.e. a REPORT)... and all that jazz.

Also not impressed by the lack of communication on what exactly caused the problems or when it could be not just 'worked on' but FIXED.

However, having said all that, either tracking is even more effective than ever before or someone's doing a damn good job (well lots of folks are but you know what I mean...) cuz our EPC is THROUGH the roof now. We've broken 2 of our own Aff. program records in the last week alone and we're pretty happy about that.

Here's to hoping the increased success continues... *crosses fingers*

Thanks to all our Affiliates for helping us make it happen.

I hear 'ya! I still waiting for a response using AAQ.

I posted here my situation since I was geting nowhere. I would have preferred going thru cj.com.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=62807

My guess is that customer service does double duty as programmers. BTW, what is todd's role with cj.com?

Unfortunately some of them will continue to buy CJ's can of beans about how everything is just fine behind the curtain.

You know it's bad when your merchants start moving to Linkshare.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I've been thinking the exact same thing Meadow!

I think CJ owes ALL of us (merchants and affiliates alike) a big fat apology as well as a big chunk of money to make up for lost revenue.

Even if tracking IS o.k. (which I highly doubt, given the oddities of it all), there are plenty of potential sales lost because links couldn't be added, or programs couldn't be optimized based on lacking reports.

As a merchant, I don't see why we should have to pay the CJ "system access fee" for a system we can't properly access.

Share-a-Sale is looking better and better each and every day.....

Long live Share-a-sale. May it never fail or falter. I really should start concentrating on their merchants more. So many sites to develop, so little time...

-M

My feeling is that any merchant with an ounce of common sense would have an SAS alternate program whether they think they need it or not.

Heck, it is cheap enough and when enough affiliates get fed up and change over to the SAS program, they can close that expensive CJ program and save a ton of money.

Meanwhile, the SAS program will certainly pay for itself from the affiliates who always choose SAS first.

You merchants have a problem with potentially getting out of that expensive CJ quagmire and making more money while you do it?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Wow, that really is bad!

As I stated here last week, I was equally frustrated as I was trying to find several merchants for a web site and every time I tried to pull up the informaiton page on a merchant I would get page not found after about a minute of waiting. Got in maybe one time in ten. Needless to say, I did not do any building with CJ merchants during that time. Just a waste of my time.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

LS make their changes and cause lot of problems and now is sold.

I am just wondering if cj is in the same shoe. Making major changes for a new owner to buy over?

Hello, I am relatively new to this and just joined CJ.com. Is the gist of this thread that I should not even bother? Or just that I should proceed with caution when working with CJ.com? It looks like this affiliate business is going to be A LOT of work and I want to make sure I'm not spinning my wheels or wasting a lot of valuable time if CJ.com is not what it should be.

Thank you.

merchants ARE ticked
    Ok - today, this merchant is officially ticked.

Trying to perform a certain function - but said function is 'out of order.'

Why? Because it's telling me I'm entering invalid parameters though I am not. It's been checked, rechecked, and checked again.

Call up CJ - surprise, surprise... "they can't get into my account right now to see what's going on - would I please call back?"

My response: "No offense, but I'm the client - can you please make a note and when you ARE able to get into my account you can have someone call ME back? I'm very busy."

CJ: "Ma'am... ma'am? You'll have to go to the CJ ask a question feature and email us about the problem so it can go into a queue and someone can call you back when they can access your account."

Ok - so what is wrong with this picture? You pay a network 30% of every commission you pay out, your EPC is through the roof and you're doing the happy dance, but have to stop to stomp and kick and have a tantrum because you can't get the interface to do WHAT YOU'RE PAYING IT TO DO.

Oh wait - and then when you call in to tell them there's a problem, if they can't get to it right now, you'll have to call THEM back. Wait no, you'll have to go to the ASK A QUESTION function that doesn't get answered properly half the time, to take time typing out everything you just explained to some guy who has no idea what you're talking about. But rather than pass on the message and do the footwork himself, he's going to have to make you work to get that answer from someone else. Why? Cuz he works for CJ. What kind of blaspheming facade of a customer service style is this anyhow? They've got some very nice reps over there at the support desk who have helped me on a number of issues time and again - don't get me wrong. On the flip side, a paying client shouldn't have to do all the footwork when the system they're paying for access to doesn't work. *BIG BIG BIG SIGH*

*has tantrum. rests. smiles sweetly.*

I feel better now. Sort of.

They obviously think that merchants AND affiliates owe them something. They've gotten so big that they don't care about providing service that retains and attracts, because they think that "the machine" is autonomous enough to do that for them. Hopefully they'll just get their act together. I can see sending affiliates through AAQ only because of the sheer number of us, but merchants too?! Of course, if they'd get their infrastructure working properly they wouldn't have to worry about so many calls.

*shakes fist*

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Liz, at the very least, you should ask them to pro-rate your fees.

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Unfortunately some of them will continue to buy CJ's can of beans about how everything is just fine behind the curtain.
    Not I. I know the Emperor has no clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by brianboru
    Not I. I know the Emperor has no clothes.
    LMAO! Good one. Thanks for the giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Liz, at the very least, you should ask them to pro-rate your fees.
    Oh, believe ME I have... but whether or not we'll get those pro-rated fees has yet to be concluded. I think we all know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by RugmanAM
    Oh, believe ME I have... but whether or not we'll get those pro-rated fees has yet to be concluded. I think we all know the answer?
    Sadly, we do.

We also know the kind of people CJ allows into your program... movies to come in a few weeks...

And Liz, kudos to you for your honesty, being open and running a great program despite hurdles others may put in your path. You're a hurdle killer - that's high praise from a very cynical affiliate! Rock on!

Liz, Julius, and other merchants-

Please please please consider adding a Shareasale program. We (your affiliates) will thank you.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Thumbs up Shhh...can you keep a (non)secret?
    I'm pleased to announce that Rugman.com will be opening the doors to a second Affiliate channel via Shareasale in the VERY, VERY near future (provided they'll have us).

Stay tuned...

I must stress however - we're NOT leaving CJ - so please don't pack your bags (unless you work with both networks and plan to promote us from 'the other side'). We're simply opening a second channel to support the varied preferences of the various types of Affiliates we work with, and we look forward to running just as honest and ethical a program with SAS as we've managed to do via CJ.

Donuts - thanks so much for the kind words - as I recall saying somewhere else on this board just yesterday, every little bit of encouragement means a lot. I'm happy to share those qualities with such a dedicated team of Affiliates. Besides, your success is my success!

Best regards to everyone,

Yep, you're a hurdle killer for sure.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    tod1016- CJ is just trying to recover from an upgrade that didn't go all that well. There are some terrific merchants to be had there, CJ is the largest of the networks, IMO, so no, don't write them off. You might consider spending some time using the merchants at www.shareasale.com , until CJ is easier to use, is all. CJ, however, is a great network, and in the long run, they'll be back.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast