Questions about Affiliate Engine.
    Hello,

I'm trying to get a few things working with AE, and am running into some things I have questions on. I have used both the latest stable build as well as the latest beta version, so I will specify if the problem exists in a certain version of the software or not.

1) I'm trying to list specific products in a detailed view. I am using the following script to do so:

<script src="/cgi-bin/ae.pl?script&type=search&mode=electronics&keyword=Toshiba+57H84&format=details"></script>

This WAS working ok when I was using version v4.05.31, but isn't working as it was before with the latest beta build. What do I need to change to fix this?

2) I would like to be able to have the comment text formatted a little differently. I can't post a link per the boards policy, so if someone over at Cusimano.com wants to contact me, I will send the link directly over to you so you can better see what I am talking about.

3) Regarding the type=browse&mode=number problem that has existed regarding not being able to use certain numbers, is there any rhyme or reason to which numbers can be used and which can't?

I appreciate any help that can be given on these questions!

Regards,

Barry

1. I tried that URL on my website using ae.pl v5.08.28-beta (and v5.09.05-beta) and it worked. What do you mean by "isn't working as it was before"?

2. Edit the details file that you are using (e.g.: ae-format/details.html) and change the HTML.

Private support requests can be sent via the support form:
    http://www.c3scripts.com/support (scroll down).

3. Not really; it depends upon amazon.com's website. Try a browse number and if it redirects to amazon.com, let us know and we'll see if we can make it work. Also, always upgrade to the latest AE beta before contacting us since the latest beta may work.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Dave,

Thank you for your prompt response - I really appreciate it.

Referring to Item #1 above, by "working as it was before", I mean that it was showing a lot more detail before than I am seeing now - including product details, a review and more. Is there any way to have AE show more details on the item itself, other than just one customer review? Maybe have it show a complete product description?

Regards,

Barry

Dave,

Please disregard my last post - I have figured out what the problem is.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Barry

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread