Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Why don't they just slit my throat and have done with it???
    I have sites with two different hosts and they BOTH are having server problems and I have TONS of sites off line!!!!!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Sorry to hear that!

Hope all is corrected soon for you.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Are they really different hosts, or are they hosting resellers, both selling hosts located in one spot?

Two different hosts!

One is ipowerweb and one is a host who is supposed to remain nameless at ABW if you know who I mean.

OK!

One, ipowerweb, just came back up! *****ing did good.

I was gone for 4 days and I think I may have been off line for a while!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Two different hosts!

One is ipowerweb and one is a host who is supposed to remain nameless at ABW if you know who I mean.
    I learned that lesson a couple of years ago (with the latter host).

In hindsight, it was the best thing (in terms of hosts) that could have happened to me. Happy as a clam now.

It does seem however, that having trouble with hosts invokes a very special type of torment for the affiliate. Also, No, it is not possible to reach through your screen and grab them by the throat - I've tried it.

Fred

Well, I know the other host's income depends on that server as much as mine does. I really hope he can get it up, soon, because he is hosting the buy pages the other sites link to!!!

I can't sell anything!

Generally, he is a good host. I think this is the first incident.

Ai, yai, yia!!!

Thay lost ALL my sites!!!

I have back ups but I have many copies of back ups and will need to find the right ones to FTP back over!

I want my momy!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Thay lost ALL my sites!!!
    As in WIPED - NOT THERE!!!

I feel for you, the only answer is to spread the load, it's a PITA at times, but less so than this.

I remember back in 99 I started a site. Was getting 60k hits a month. making good money off it too with the go2 search engine thing with befree.

Anywho 1 day the host had all their servers stolen lol host never recovered from that. I on the other hand did pretty well after selling the domain and starting a new site.

A tip for you since you have your buy pages on a different server

make your links semi SSI

what i mean is have the buy pages on different servers and incase your main server goes down you can edit the SSI page with the new location.
    So your links would look like
    http://<!--#include command="url.txt" -->/buy.html

and the url.txt file will have just the following
    www.blahblahmydomainrocksyourdomaindrools.com

Oi! I can't imagine how that must feel. I don't WANT to imagine how that must feel.

Keep the faith.

Yeah,

Meanwhile, advertisers are expecting me to swap out all their links on all my sites just on account of because they changed THEIR site.

OK, yeah, sure. Do it today.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Dam ... I feel for ya Susan. Hang tough. And maybe switch both hosts to more reliable one(s).
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Apparently, both main and backup hard drives in their server bit the dust for them. They are working on their own site, I guess.

I still can't work on my sites. I hope I don't lose my SE rankings.

SSanf,

I am sooo Sorry for you.

PS. You can mention Mike's resale deal, I couldn't care less ... Resellers are a dime a dozen and many affiliates fall for substandard hosting because they think they are maximizing ROI, but reliable Hosting companies are, as MasterCard says ... PRICELESS.

I have 5 concurrent back up copies of the different segments of ABW (separated on three different dedicated boxes) ... this is a business, we all should treat it as one! Even Con Shawlins (love that one) didn't have backups of his site either, but what's the use? Rebuilding is much harder than continuing from a bump on the road.

(Nothing in this post was meant as a swipe at anyone nor any company - only to show what a "real affiliate" needs ---- a real host, not someone's reseller deal.)
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Well, at least I DO have back-ups as soon as I can ftp them over.

It is a mess because I will have to go through and sort out the right stuff. But, at least they exist.

I hope I can do this tomorrow.

Redundant drives on the server - you do nothing, the hosting co does.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

? I guess, he had that. He said on his site that both main and backup hard drives in their server bit the dust for them. So, I guess the redundant one is gone, too.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that 'ALL' the backup drives 'ALSO' crashed!

I repeat, this is a business!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Well, I don't know about all that. I am not in the hosting business so I don't know the ins and outs of it.

All I know is that I can't pay normal hosting costs for those certain 26 domains and this is the first time I have had any significant problem with them. Usually, they have bent over backward to help me with anything and everything I have ever asked and helped a lot with things I did not understand. Like you, they have been both kind and patient.

My other sites are on different hosts and they cost a lot, relatively speaking. I can't pay that for all the sites. It would really add up fast. Particualrly sites I bought on speculation.

I just want it fixed.

Actually, I think the whole nine yards did bite the dust because their own site where they sell hosting is down, too. In other words, they lost their own site!

And, their forum is kaput as well! They just have a temporary skeleton test forum up where their forum was. And, his e-mail is still bouncing but I have spoken to him on the phone.

Fortunately, I am reasonably prepared due to the bad habit of never throwing anything out.

I just need Mike to get my "folders" up and I can replace my sites. I have a lot so, maybe, he can do that tomorrow. But, I guess, I will be in line with him getting his own site fixed and getting the forums up for the merchants who have them there. And, I guess, I am far from the only one who buys hosting from him, either. I hope this goes fast!
    Last edited by SSanf; September 7th, 2005 at 02:11 AM.

My host lost an email server a couple of weeks ago. Both the main and backup failed at the same time, so I guess this is more common than most people think. If feel really bad for ya. I hope they can get you back up and running, soon. These kind of problems are a real pain in the butt.
    [URL="http://mhutch.blogspot.com"]Hutch Report[/URL] - Personal comments about the news of the day
    [URL="http://z3.invisionfree.com/Hutch_Report/"]Hutch Report Forums[/URL] - Comment on Hutch Report blog posts
    [URL=http://chatroll.com/hutch-report-chat-room]Hutch Report Chat[/URL] - Talk about the news of the day here.

oopss..
    sorry that things aint going well sandra .
    i hope a smile and a wave might help
    good luck..
    Neil
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Well, I guess he got most of the "folders" up last night.

I just woke up.

Anyway, my product pages are being ftp'd now and, I guess, I will be repairing sites, today. Afer I go screem at my accountant, that is.

Man, oh man....Working off back-ups is going to be a pain.

This is unbelievable!!! Ipowerweb has my site offline AGAIN!!!!!

Their phone is busy and no one answers the live operator!

Why don't they just slit my throat and have done with it???

oi... Have a decent lawyer?

I wonder if I can sue for damages!

Now, the phone is ringing and ringing but they don't answer!!!

Oh, after about 40 rings, I was put on hold and I am being forced to listen to horrid music!

They say there are major power outages in LA.

There is an estimated down time of one hour.

We will see.

Utility Error Blamed for L.A. Blackout

WHY ME????!!!
    Last edited by SSanf; September 12th, 2005 at 06:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast