Translate Dell Coupons
    Did anyone else get the latest bunch of Dell coupons? The rate at which they normally send out coupons usually leaves my head spining, but this round is a bit off even for Dell.

Can you please translate this offer for me...

ONLINE ONLY: 40% off Canon select Inspirons! Evalue codes include i6000A6, i700ma2, i600ma2, i9300a2 ( before tax, shipping & handling!) May not be combinable with Outrageous Deals, dollars off, percentages off, XPS Generation II, or select other promotions. Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Coupon code expires after first 3000 uses, or earlier if offer is terminated earlier. Offers subject to change

What is a Canon Inspiron????

Am I missing something here???

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    A quick Google of the term "canon inspiron" shows that Inspiron is some kind of Dell laptop, but Canon doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Based on that 20-second amount of research , I'd say the coupon *should've* read:
    "40% off Canon and select Inspirons!"

If my guess is wrong I figure someone will come in with the correct answer...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It should read 40% off select Inspirons.

My guess would be that they copied the text from an old promotion about a Canon digital camera and that it really just applies to select Inspiron laptops.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All-
    A message from the Dell Home Team:
    Kelli
    --------------
    Thank you for your concern and feedback regarding our latest coupons. We corrected the particular coupon mentioned in this thread. The coupon was for an Inspiron, not a Canon. The corrections were sent to affiliates and posted in Create Links.

We value your comments and opinions and want you to know that we have been changing our current processes which have affected our coupon dispersions to affiliates as of late. Currently all corrections to coupons have been made, and we sincerely appreciate your patience.

Thanks again,
    The Dell Home Team

Dell SERIOUSLY needs to look at their method of coupon dispatching ( changing codes, ending promotions, new codes, pull down codes, whatever) Half the time I don't even post them as I have 500 other merchants to keep updated, ugh!

Dollar
    I wish i had a dollar for how many times i get this email "Corrections on yesterday's coupons from Dell Home!"

"I wish i had a dollar for how many times i get this email "Corrections on yesterday's coupons from Dell Home!""

Isn't that the truth. We'd all be rich by now.

Anne, I'm with you I don't even bother posting half of their coupons, I'm not going to neglect the hundreds of other merchants to keep track of their coupons on an hourly basis (that's a full time job in itself).

Dell is a very high maintenance merchant and with a 1% payout there is not much incentive to work so hard for such little pay. I promote the big coupons they send and keep them because they are a popular big name merchant, but man I'm tired of the constant corrections and updates.

And what is with the 5:59am CST expiration time. Why can't they just expire at midnight like everything else. I don't have my site configured to handle expirations by time just dates, maybe if I wasn't so busy updating and changing their coupons all the time I could fix it but right now I don't have the time to get it done.

I also wish they would send out personalized links in their newsletters like every other merchant does, so if there is a page for the Inspiron specials send a link to it in the newsletter that already includes my affiliate code not some link as dell.com/save750. That doesn't help me at all and trying to find it in the linkshare interface is next to impossible.

All right I'll get off my soap box for the day.
    Last edited by cinnamon_girl; September 7th, 2005 at 06:55 PM.

Good grief, those 5:59 exp times are for the birds.

I wish they would provide a real-time XML feed of their coupons. I've suggested that (or other automated methods) numerous times. I would list every one of them if they did that. As it is, I probably list a fourth of them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Looks like they're making some changes with the way they do affiliate coupons.

Dear Valued Affiliates:

As of 6 a.m. tomorrow, all coupons for Dell Home and Home Office Inspiron and Dimension systems will expire and will not be refreshed for the time being. We are currently examining the manner in which we manage coupons in the affiliate channel and until that process is complete will not have any system coupons available.

We, unfortunately, do not have an estimated time as to when new coupons will be released.

In the meantime, we ask that you remove ALL coupons, links, banners and offers that advertise coupons or discounts on Inspiron or Dimension systems for Dell Home and Home Office. We ask that you have your sites completely scrubbed by 6 a.m. on Friday September 23, 2005, in order to provide the best customer experience. You are encouraged to continue to post the Dell logo and normal site offers from Dell.com.

In addition to all system coupons, the following affiliate links will be deactivated at 6am Thursday, September 14th.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topi...=19&l=en&s=dhs

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs

Again, as of 6 a.m., Thursday September 15, Dell Home and Home Office will not have any active Dimension or Inspiron affiliate offers. All electronics and accessories coupons will be created and disbursed as usual.

We realize these changes may take time for some affiliates; however, this is of the utmost urgency for Dell Home. We ask for your full cooperation in removing all expired coupons from your site.

Sincerely,

Mark and Carolyn
    Dell Home Affiliate Team
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Looks like the changes are only for their system (Inspiron and Dimension) coupons. Most likely they are just going to try and eliminate the many different types of coupons. Right now they can have:

$-off a certain minimum
    %-off a certain minimum
    $-off a particular E-Value Code system
    $-off a certain minimum from selected configurations only
    %-off a certain minimum from selected configurations only

It confuses the customers when there are certain coupons good only for specific configurations of their systems, but if you go through Dell.com and pick the same model and configure from scratch, that coupon doesn't work and you need one of the other $-off or %-off coupons.

So it looks like the actual coupon terms will be simplified, but the delivery of the coupons to us will remain the same (evident by the fact that E&A coupons are going to be unchanged).

Personally I don't have problems with the frequent updates. Sure it takes more work keeping track of what's active, but if you can do it, your visitors will appreciate it. Dell seems to be monitoring the situation and chooses to release coupons dynamically as the need for sales dictates.

coupon redeem and posting friendly for affiliates and the customers please

usually "free thing" is harder to get,
    you need long queueing for free things

Now you need long time to digest how to use such free coupons

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Who handles the emailing out of the Dell Canon coupons?????

A friggin drunken sailor who thinks the net is something you catch lobster with???

Come already.....its time you grew up and sat at the adult table, isnt it....you cant eat chicken fingers at the kiddie table your whole life Dell AM's

With all of your constant phuck ups.....at least give me a good excuse....like you sat back with a texas mickey of crown royal with three strippers.....and were way to looted to proof read your shit....or you were playing hold em for four days straight in some dirty underground club with a Russian dude eating oreos and you cant keep your eyes open......

Personally I am kinda fed up with all of this.....I could probably figure out turn my pugs poop into gasoline before you guys figure out whether you are coming or going....

Duddy

Red face
    Okay what's up with this. I got the email to NOT post Inspiron coupons after 9/15 and this just came in a couple hours ago....

Dear Valued Affiliates:

Limited time offer beginning 9/15/05 5:00pm CST through 9/20/05 5:59am CST or after 2000 redemptions (whichever occurs first)

Dell Home ONLINE ONLY Save 35% off Select Inspiron Notebooks containing the following evalue codes: 111-i6000a6 , 111-i700ma2 or 111-i9300a2 (before tax, fees and shipping & handling)

Offer may be combined with select other offers. Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Coupon code expires after first 2000 uses, or earlier if offer is terminated earlier. Offers subject to change.

Below are the 3 Evalue Codes this coupon can be used for:

111-i6000a6

111-i700ma2

111-i9300a2

Coupon code 1F3987R8HMBHL3

Maybe the second email came from the right hand?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Ha Ha Ha....these guys are the best......

They really don't have a clue whether they are coming or going....

This should be a friggin MasterCard commercial......

Getting your MBA at an ivy league school

Graduating Magna Cum Loud

Accepting your first real job running an affiliate program at Dell...

Completely Phucking it up cause you are a retarded

PRICELESS.....

Well done Phucktards........you rock!!!

I am beyond words at this point. Absolutely stunning.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread