Merchant Departures From LinkShare?
    During the LinkShare Athena fiasco, I wrote to nearly all merchants at LS pointing out the many problems expressed here by affiliates and merchants alike (the letters in which Mr. Messer publicly posted here that I was telling untruths, information that was later validated by many of you as being the truth). I was fortunate to develop many relationships with the merchant owners, affiliate managers and/or representatives because of my honesty and concerns. During many of our email and phone conversations I heard their similiar frustrations, how their hands were tied, how payments were being delayed, LS support failures, how frustrated they were that affiliates could not get verified as well as their very own merchant related problems with support and reporting. Many of them said they were leaving or considering leaving LS when their contracts expired. Already this week I have heard from one that says this sale of LS after a summer of problems will probably be the deciding factor for them.

I think we are clearly seeing some serious concerns by affiliates and affiliate program managers expressed here at ABW after the sale announcement. Merchants are shy about posting their “negative feelings or misgivings” here at ABW so as not to associate anything negative with their name or affiliate program and probably will not post here with good reason. They will, instead, speak with their contacts. One has to wonder if this merchant I heard from today is the beginning of the merchant departures from LinkShare.

Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; September 7th, 2005 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Changed the word "Exodus" to "Departure". Don't want to start a panic.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    i believe the same communication has to be done with the company which wants to purchase LS.

Not acussing them just start a raport with them, showing them a friendly and an assisting face, if they like it here we go...if not they we can move on forward....

btw great job and info 7days

ps and off topic, here in greece there used to be a croisant named 7days and it was used as a joke in the army where i served my compulsory military duty as an officer....you were going to the private in question who made a mistake giving him two choices...either 3 days without leave from the campus...or what i have in my pocket... the private chooses what i have in my pocket ... which is a 7 days croisant mean 7 days within the campus with no leave hehehehe

i believe we can do the same with the japanese....if they cooperate work along with them if not...well you know

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Wanna roll a fatty and listen to some Marley.....

Exodus, all right! Movement of Jah people!

One thing to consider.......Where they gonna go RockStar?

I gotta mention one thing before I start to fly like Harry Chapin in that taxi song...

MOST of these Merchants that are on the networks.... don't have a clue to begin with (just for my partners that do know whats up-you know what I mean)....their affiliate managers are their retarded nephews that couldnt cut it in a college or it is an offline marketing intern that is juggling it with press releases. So maybe you should take what the mail boy has to say with a grain of salt.

It is all about dollars and SENSE here and the long and short and curlies of all of this, there really isnt too many choices for them....and these corporate peeps have there own lil clique......its like a LinkShare country club and its members only.

Did you ever notice on CJ....that every day there is like 3 or 4 new merchants popping up?

Linkshare doesnt really add the daily dose of merchants....they just bring big ones every so often.

So....the merchants I feel....arent going anywhere...but maybe I am wrong

Remember....nobody takes me seriously....I am diddy

Diddy

'sup Diddy.... came back because I missed you, babe!

ok, let's get real. Ron talks to one merchant and its a trend. not a good way to do any sort of market research.

On a simple Y/N question, for a population of 500 merchants you need a larger sample size. To be exact, to get a predictor for 95 percent of LS merchants plus/minus 10 percent accuracy of how many say they will leave, you would need to survey 81 merchants.

ONE is not statisticly relevant.

Until some one does some real research, I could care less about a network wide prediction based on anyones conversation with just one merchant.

The fact that the source of information has shown himself to be clearly biased against LS, makes believe that Ron could have been trying to talk the merchant away from LS.

DM,

You are correct and I agree. That's why I changed it from Exodus to Departure and was clear this is only one merchant.

I'm sure there will be those who will agree, like KGP, and those who don't, like you. That is what this board is all about. We are free to express ourselves. I only presented a fact I was aware of and posed a question of possiblity. Nothing more.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Demolition Man
    'sup Diddy.... came back because I missed you, babe!
    Demo...you a lady??? Either that or you are Hollywood like me..No matter what I dig ya.

Anyway....we better not even look at Ron the wrong way or our posts will be deleted...but I agree the whole thing would be thrown outta court like the glove in the OJ trial, ron is biased and his litmus test is probably on a ghetto merchant that slipped through the cracks....

Everyone thinks that the grass is greener...yeah yeah yeah

Regardless, I have no hard feelings at all,I love LinkShare and CJ....we build...people come (LOL easy Coley I spelled it the right way) and everyone makes money....so I gotta thank the Networks for making it all possible....finding work has never been this easy....Its all about the evolution of the diddy revolution....

The Merchants aren't going buh bye so quickly so I wouldnt get so excited about LinkShare's demise so quickly AbestRon.....Although new Networks are popping up like free Viagara samples at Costco.....I just cant see them taking a risk...Talk is cheap

The D The I The D The D The Y its Diddy.....Word Up!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    You know what would be nice?

If the new owners posted here that they are

1. aware of the following problems (and list them)

2. Post their plan to fix the problems

3. Tell us the date the problems are due to be resolved

otherwise... it's the same sh@t... just with a different plaque on the CEO's desk

so far... the tradition of keeping affiliates in the dark continues

Expect some transformations on the takeover transistion period. The new owner will for sure want their own identity and in line with their existing programs. a-lah japanese style......

It may be good or for worse, have to wait and see.

I am concerned about this board though. I know merchants read it and might get the wrong impression, so I want to make sure that someone says:

-it's free
    -I can make money on it
    -I get great companies on my site

what's not to LOVE?????

THANK YOU MERCHANTS FOR LETTING ME PLAY IN YOUR BACK YARD!!!!

and thanks to LS for helping put up the fence to make sure we can all play nice, nice. and not making me pay a cover charge.

Maybe Ron has to pay LS and he's bitter that I get it for free. dunno.

I wish a few things were different, but I can't beat the investment. You get out what you put into it.

PS... I'm Hollywood, just like you, Diddy. Let's hug it out! (I ain't got boobs, but I sure do like 'em)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If nothing else there will be a few new Karaokee equipment merchants at Linkshare ...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I think that this has to be one of the best posts ever on ABestWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolition Man
    I am concerned about this board though. I know merchants read it and might get the wrong impression, so I want to make sure that someone says:

-it's free
    -I can make money on it
    -I get great companies on my site

what's not to LOVE?????

THANK YOU MERCHANTS FOR LETTING ME PLAY IN YOUR BACK YARD!!!!

and thanks to LS for helping put up the fence to make sure we can all play nice, nice. and not making me pay a cover charge.
    You just hit the nail right on the head with this one......I worked with many similiar companies to the merchants on LS where I charged them big money to do campaigns....like here nobody ever takes me seriously cause I am an old school dot com'r, the bottom line is I got results for my clients.....although one CEO said cutting me my check was the equivilant to passing kidney stones....just because he didnt understand, although now he does

I build campaigns for merchants that are the big players.....and I get paid...very handsomely to do so.....you cant just walk into one of these merchants and get the respect you get from these merchants without a Linkshare or CJ....it is unbelievable...and you guys sit here all day and fling shit at them like the monkeys in madagascar, they are giving us the tools to work with.....we are all in this together.....not in some flakey kumbaya camp fire sorta way....The credibility is unbelievable.....

Use the force young Jedi's.....parlay parlay parlay.....

I play to win....I love the game....and I gotta give props to the networks...

Steve Messer is the bomb.....

DemoMan....I just dont like boobs.....I love em.....Gotta love Hollywood

Boku wa Diddy Pimp da (Trying to figure out Japanese)
    Last edited by M_Diddy; September 7th, 2005 at 02:21 PM.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread