Question Leaving CJ. for Linkshare?
    I just received an email from a merchant who is leaving CJ and joining Linkshare. I told him at the present time I was not listing any linkshare merchants. This is his reply.
    I'm aware of the controversy regarding LinkShare. There is just as much
    of it with CJ. We didn't undertake this move lightly. CJ treated us
    horribly and has consistently lost sales when they were "delayed". We
    took a look at Shareasale and My Affiliate Program but each offered
    unique problems such as dodgy merchants or a small pool of affiliates to
    draw from. The affiliates I spoke to really recommended LinkShare as the
    best choice for us.

At the end of the day the one thing that matters in affiliate marketing
    is the relationship between the merchant and the affiliate. I am
    committed to your success and providing you with the tools and support
    you need to succeed. I hope that you would consider giving our program
    at LinkShare a chance before writing it off.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or other concerns.

ABW Ambassador
    "and has consistently lost sales when they were "delayed".

I hate when that happens.

From the frying pan into the fire.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    I'm not sure what kind of products this particular merchant offer, but changing a network just before the holiday season is a risky move for any merchant. Since they did it, they must be really fed up with CJ, then.

But, I agree with him saying every network has its plusses and minuses. Though, Linkshare has been having some usability and customer service issues for affiliates, they are pretty good network. Again, like he/she said, the affiliate/merchant relation is as much or more important the network itself.

I'd say that merchant is throwing the baby out with the bath water. This is NOT a good time to be making a move. Too many affiliates just aren't going to have time to deal with them at this point.

I pray this isn't the beginning of a bunch of merchant changes coming up...seems to happen every year.

They float along through summer, then realize "OOPS! The holidays are just around the corner! Better redo the site...move all the images...change networks...notify affiliates..."

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    i'll say, better transfer now than pull your hair out in december.

i just had my first day without sales in at least four years at cj, and the traffic and clicks are still there. so i'm not happy either as an affiliate.

productive merchants that transferred from BF to CJ suddenly became quiet, while non-producing merchants that transferred from CJ to LS suddenly became active.

cj is concentrating too much on things that ain't broke. in the process, it has neglected the things that should matter most.

I think its a good idea, AT least my linkshare sales are still posting unlike cj.com

I agree, the few "former" cj merchants that changed to Linkshare miraculously doubled, even tripled in sales performance with just a change of the links.

What an immense shame.

ABW Ambassador
    It makes sense.

1 of my favourite merchants just made the switch. That led to a LOT of work on my part switching links as I've got them all over the place in so many sites.

Still, it is far better than lost sales during delays that are never reported. I'm really sick of lost sales and the way CJ looks down on small affiliates like us.

I find Linkshare treats us small affiliates much better. At least I get consistently better treatment from Linkshare than CJ.

[QUOTE=mailman]We
    took a look at Shareasale and My Affiliate Program but each offered
    unique problems such as dodgy merchants or a small pool of affiliates to
    draw from. The affiliates I spoke to really recommended LinkShare as the
    best choice for us. [QUOTE]

I'm surprised that SAS is not suggested to the merchant, no dodgy merchants there and a reasonably large pool of affiliates.

Mailman: maybe you could direct the merchant to this thread, or to ABW as a whole, before they commit themselves to something they regret sooner rather than later.

Frank
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

This "lost sales" thing really concerns me. I have had very targetted traffic coming to certain pages at my site for exactly what the consumers have been searching for. I actually come back number one in the serps for some really good terms, and phrases. My account balance seems to have just stopped. "Houston, we have a problem"
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gettnthar
    I agree, the few "former" cj merchants that changed to Linkshare miraculously doubled, even tripled in sales performance with just a change of the links.

What an immense shame.
    Your experience is the exact opposite of mine. The couple of times I made the mistake of following a formerly-good merchant over to Snare, their sales stopped dead!

After that happened a couple of times, I made it an ironclad rule: if they go off into no-man's land, they go without me.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Ah, this post is a nice oposite of my post early today about a merchant leaving LS.

I understand each merchant is not perfect. But I hope you realize that once you join LS you are stuck with only them. At least at LS you could stay there and create another program elsewhere (not LS) and avoid the holiday season change. Folks brave enough to change networks prior to the holidays could, others could stay with LS.

At the end of the day the one thing that matters in affiliate marketing
    is the relationship between the merchant and the affiliate.
    This is true, but two things come to mind. One, this does not hold water when the network interferes with that relationship, the Athena Fiasco as a perfect example of frustrated merchants feeling like they were helpless to do things for their affiliates. Two, some affiliates are primarily only at one network and may not follow you.

Best of luck...
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread