What to do?
    I've been on ABW a few weeks now and it seems that some prefer certain companies over the others (CJ, ShareASale, LinkShare, etc...) What are the reasons behind the preferences? Do most stay with one company, or do you use multiple ones?

Thanks in advance,
    Streaatz

Streaatz, the answer will depend on what you're asking as (as an affiliate or as a merchant). What are you?!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Streaatz, the answer will depend on what you're asking as (as an affiliate or as a merchant). What are you?!

Geno
    I would consider myself an "aspiring affiliate" I'm in the process of deciding what merchants to put on my site.

Streaatz

Hi Streaatz,

Back in the 90's different networks brought different things to the table and were helpful in some ways so you could better make a decision based on preferences.
    Currently, most affiliates go with the network that will hurt them the least.
    Today, you have to deal with network employees, aff managers, web hosts and others all trying to compete with you as an affiliate, so they have an upper hand in that they can eyeball your methods and tricks, while you don't even know who they are. SAS is the exclusion in that they are so new, plus they have no major merchants to speak of.
    My feeling is the networks that exist now will be vastly different in the not too distant future, after some network execs are jailed and banned from e-commerce for pilfering, encouraging commission theft, privacy violations, price fixing, rico violations and the like. The FTC and Justice Department surely are aware of their antics at this point.
    Bottom line advice - pick the merchant carefully, regardless of network affiliation and do not be afraid to interview the aff mgr with questions such as support, self involvement as an affiliate, phone sales, etc.
    You may also want to look at some independent programs.
    "The character of a man is known from his conversations."
    Menander (342 BC - 292 BC)

ABW Ambassador
    I stick with good merchants regardless of where they're at. Sometimes i wish they were elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Streaatz
    I would consider myself an "aspiring affiliate" I'm in the process of deciding what merchants to put on my site.
    Then, as "TrustNo1" said, your focus should be on mechants and not networks, Streaatz. Choose the best-performing and most serious ones and promote them. After all, joining of any worthy affiliate network doesnt' cost you a penny. So the choice here is between merchants and not networks...

Good luck!

Geno

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    My sites require constant, manual updates of links. I've found CJ's inteface to be the easiest to work with for product links. Also I've found good merchants there to work with. It's a no-brainer for me.

As much as I like SAS it's a PIA to make product links, even with the Make-A-Page feature because I can't just copy-paste-edit an exiting link to make a new one.

What about GoldenCAN, Rhea? Would that be a good solution for solving the problem of "constant, manual updates of links"?

Geno

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread