ABW Ambassador
    Google Update Gilligan?
    Just stopped by WMW and usually when they name it, it's an update. But i don't notice any difference at all.

Not seeing anything, either.

You never know what to expect from Google, though. I keep hearing the "updates" are a thing of the past, but it seems to me they still happen.

Everybody fasten your seat belts, it could be a bumpy ride. (And good luck if it is an update.)

Andy

15 years and counting
    I'm not seeing anything either and I'm watching my ranking quite closely. Most of the time, for my verticals, the update is around the 20th and last a full week.

Nothing much going on here, just looks to be in the bounds of normal flux at the moment.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Confirmed NO update...
    ..Well not this week anyway

-

GoogleGuy chimed in to the Gilligan WMW thread:

"'All I see is a BL & Directory update, I am not yet seeing anything other than everflux in the serps so far.'

Yah, this isn't an update. Backlinks/Directory data may be freshly visible, but the core data hasn't changed more than the usual everflux. Sorry to dampen the mood.

If you see spam currently, feel free to report it at
    http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
    with the keyword Gilligan and I'll ask folks to check out the reports though. No sense letting that pent-up energy wanting an update to go to waste. "

-

It's message 184 here:
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/31072.htm

If you see spam currently, feel free to report it at
    http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
    with the keyword Gilligan and I'll ask folks to check out the reports though. No sense letting that pent-up energy wanting an update to go to waste
    Translated: Their $10.00 an hour college interns have now gone back to school and they want you to sift through their 8 billion plus page index to help them boot out "thin affiliates" free of charge.

I hate Google, and I really don't care for Google Boy, either. May Serge, Craig, Larry, et al stand in the food stamp line one day.
    Last edited by Lurker Jones; September 7th, 2005 at 11:22 PM. Reason: correction
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    'All I see is a BL & Directory update, I am not yet seeing anything other than everflux in the serps so far.'~GG
    That's no "confirmation!" That's just his guess! Perhaps he should check with the tech department instead of going in from the frontend and guessing... I can do THAT myself just fine.

Not only that, I can just look at my own traffic logs to see if there has been a pattern shift.

I agree with Lurker about Google"Boy." If I knew one of his posts would be quoted today, I wouldn't have bothered buying any bulb fertilizer...
    Last edited by Leader; September 8th, 2005 at 12:31 AM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Probably not an update... or might just be the begining of a smaller one (or it might just be the calm before the storm)... but I noticed a few sites get out of the sandbox and start ranking (and they're now fully indexed as of today)

I've seen more bl added and a pr drop to 0 and rise up again the next day on one site. I think they are/were having a cache glitch because they were showing pages from over a year ago that are gone from my site in the serps for the past week or so. It seems like those old pages are fading to more current pages and more traffic

Rumors are they're trying to cull scraper sites.YAY!! Hopefully we won't get axed in the process.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

You can't really expect to get a straight answer from Google, or Google Guy. They are very good at offering information that has no real value when analyzed.

They should be politicians...

Andy

Rumors are they're trying to cull scraper sites.YAY!!
    that would be nice, they pi55 me off.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread