Who's on first ?
    Who's on first ?
    After all the disasters in the south, the mayors,governors and Bush blame each other.It seems that the guy running FEMA gets the blame, then PBS reports that most of Fema's accets went to the great Homeland security program,with our Canadien border unguarded,most of the Mexican border easy to cross,and the technology the terrorists use,what has Homeland done? In NJ when the Air National Guard asked for 15 new F-!6 jets, they were denied,they cover the NY corridor.Since I spent 47 years, and 12 years studying engineereing, we had to develop energy saving programs back in the 1970's so the chain would continue to be more competive, we did, the same can be used in commercial,residentil and industrial developments,but few seem to think it's possible,I recall that Jimmy carter had developed alterate energy with so;ar,wind,water and safe nuclear energy programs to free us of the oil cartle blackmail.Now it will take years to do what should have been done years ago.The army engineers wanted to raise the levees around New Orleans years ago, after the other severe storms Camille, and others caused so much death and destruction, no approval,so. who's on first? No one in Washington.
    In Europe they have had energy saving for years,small cars,trucks,bikes,and safe nuclear energy. I fear that we won't be on first for years.
    My dimes worth.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

The news has gotten so politicized that it's hard to get the real story without a spin from the right or the left or the nut case. Even in a disaster like this one, people were still drowning and the pundits on the cable news channels were already trying to find someone to blame. This is getting so old. I really know who is to blame; who? Katrina, that's who's to blame. Yes, everyone seems to have dropped the ball in the relief effort, but now we've got to find a villain before the clouds even clear the sky so everyone can feel better. It's their fault, they got fired, so now all is right with the world. Today, I was switching around the TV channels and it was hard to tell which channel was the soap opera and which was news!
    [URL="http://mhutch.blogspot.com"]Hutch Report[/URL] - Personal comments about the news of the day
    [URL="http://z3.invisionfree.com/Hutch_Report/"]Hutch Report Forums[/URL] - Comment on Hutch Report blog posts
    [URL=http://chatroll.com/hutch-report-chat-room]Hutch Report Chat[/URL] - Talk about the news of the day here.

Quote Originally Posted by mhutch
    Today, I was switching around the TV channels and it was hard to tell which channel was the soap opera and which was news!
    Pretty much sums it ALL up... Great point mhutch!

Streaatz

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I just want to find out if my sister and her children are alive or dead! If I find out they have suffered a terrible death, then I'll want to find out who's fault it is and I'll want to make them suffer equally!!

And for those of you who wonder. I'm a southern lady who is normally polite and proper (with a slight radical twist), but after finding out my some of my family was down there and they haven't been heard from is starting to make me a bit crazy!
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty
    I just want to find out if my sister and her children are alive or dead! If I find out they have suffered a terrible death, then I'll want to find out who's fault it is and I'll want to make them suffer equally!!

And for those of you who wonder. I'm a southern lady who is normally polite and proper (with a slight radical twist), but after finding out my some of my family was down there and they haven't been heard from is starting to make me a bit crazy!
    I am incredibly sorry that you haven't heard from your family! I wish you all the best and hope you hear something soon!

Streaatz

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Sorry about my outburst. I've been on vacation for almost 3 weeks and came home to find out that my sister and her children had gone down to assist her mother-in-law before Katrina hit. None of the family has heard from them since.

I didn't know she was down there until this morning when my brother called and ask me if I have heard from her.

I am now feeling double bad because I was on vacation having fun and didn't even know she might be suffering while I was enjoying myself. It's hard to come to terms with that.

It suddenly became very personal. I had read the thread about the photo's right before reading this thread and I went off the deep end for a few minutes.

Again, I'm sorry for loosing control and saying some things that are not appropriate. I might feel like I want to kill someone, but that is no reason to subject my friends to the anger I feel.
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I am now feeling double bad because I was on vacation having fun and didn't even know she might be suffering while I was enjoying myself. It's hard to come to terms with that.
    You couldn't have known! No need to feel guilty for daring to take a vacation. It would take clairvoyance(sp) to have predicted that possibility. Plus, it's only a *possibility* that anything bad happened to her. Communications may just be knocked out in her location.

As for saying things that aren't appropriate, under the circumstances it's to be expected. I've seen a lot more heated posts than the ones you made in this thread, at ABW...

Here's hoping your sister and her kids are okay, and just can't find a working phone.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread