Results 1 to 1 of 1
September 8th, 2005, 01:47 AM #1Google 'site:' and 'link:' question
Need some help as I'm still not quite clear as to how to look for my back links and indexed links. For ease of explanation I use example.com, so you can try for yourself. Hope that doesn't infringe any rules. Google this:
1) link:www.example.com results in 4,990 'hits'
2) link: www.example.com results in 455,000 'hits' (mind the space after ':')
3) site:www.example.com results in 11,200 'hits'
4) site: www.example.com results in 1,480,000 'hits' (again with space after ':')
link:.. will show you the back links. If I use my main site I get:
1) 716 and
site:www... is supposed to give you all your indexed pages. If I do this for my main site I get
3) 45,900 and
4) 37,200 (YES, in this order!)
but I have only about 4800 pages all together on this site!??
2) seems to give me some or all internal links plus backlinks, but still it doesn't add up.
And how come 3) shows some 10 times the number of my actual pages.
I'm quite confused, can somebody please enlighten me?
Thanks, Frank[URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]
By KAL-EL in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 4Last Post: October 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
By opportunityCost in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful ArticlesReplies: 14Last Post: June 24th, 2010, 02:23 AM
By likemynick in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful ArticlesReplies: 5Last Post: January 30th, 2005, 02:05 PM
By ~Michelle in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 9Last Post: March 23rd, 2004, 07:16 AM