Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Rockstar INXS - Anyone else been watching??
    When I saw the previews for this show, I let out a groan thinking 'another reality show', but like when encountering a bad accident, I had to check it out the first night it was on, and I have been hooked ever since! *hanging my head in shame*

So, is anyone else here watching this show? If so, who is your favorite?

I started out really liking Jordis Unga, but now I am hooked on Marty Casey. I found out he has had his own band since he was 14 and they even have a few albums out and have opened for some big named bands. His band is The Lovehammers and they are EXCELLENT! They are from Chicago.

The week he had to do Britney Spears Hit Me Baby One More Time was AWESOME! I love what he did with the song... I actually like it now - his version at least. His original song "Trees" this week was GREAT!

My favorite song Jordis did was The Man Who Sold the World.

J.D. Fortune is good, but he comes off as a real jerk, so that is a turn off for me.

I have a feeling that INXS really likes J.D. and it will kill me to see him win, but on the bright side, if he does, that leaves Marty to do what he has already been doing with his own band. :-)
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Can't believe suzie is the stronger of the two women as i thought Jordis had it locked up earlier. Jordis' youth/inexperience hurt her as she lost her confidence and never recovered. When she feels it though, she is AMAZING.
    JD has bugged me from the start but I have to tell you, he is looking better and better on stage. Too bad they can't take him and leave his attitude. And his ego.
    Marty really converted me. If they let him, I can see him respecting the old and really adding a new and interesting flavor to the band.
    Suzie, she's better than i gave her credit for (Quite good actually) but I just don't see her in front of INXS.
    Mig, he's really good. I like a lot of what he's done but I'm on the fence about him fronting the band.
    Ty - I miss him but wow ... that exit left my jaw on the floor.
    He was too stage for me, you could really see the theater background in him. Also, seeing him sim actually reminded me of when Terence Trent D'arby fronted the band for a show. Except I like Ty.
    Curious to see what happens.

Also curious to see what Marty, Jordis and Dave Navarro can put out together
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Also curious to see what Marty, Jordis and Dave Navarro can put out together
    I bet whatever they do will be great! Those three minds together should be able to create some awesome music, and it sure sounds like they plan on doing something in the future together.
    ~Michelle

Lightbulb
    JD did come across as a jackhole last nite, it was my first time watching it. I ran into it by accident, nothing else on, i guess. However, JD, when he sang an actual INXS song, did sound almost identical to the late Hutchinson. I did not know that there was a Chicagoan on the show, great to hear that. I really dig that Navarro dude, except for the girlie jeans he had on last nite. ha ha. Those were some tight & funny looking jeans, but generally speaking he is way cool. I prolly wont watch again. It was a one-timer for me.

ABW Ambassador
    JD will probably win it, i don't like him but i think he's the right match for the group. Jordis being let go was good for her. I think she'll be more successful than INXS at this point. Last time i remember anything from them was around 1987. 18 years.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    They wanna put guns in the sky.

Someone out there, ain't gonna like it.

JD will probably win it but I would like to see either Mig or Marty win. Marty's Trees song was amazing and he should have won the encore. Oh well.

JD has grown on me although I can't understand the attraction everyone has for him. My husband says it is his bad boy image.

Jordis has really gone downhill. She used to be my favorite but after she botched that one note I realized she is pretty limited in her range. The Man who Sold the World was incredible.

Overall I have really enjoyed this show so far - a lot of the songs take me back to a fun time in my life!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

ABW Ambassador
    "The Man who Sold the World was incredible."

Yep, they're actually coming out with a CD this month and her rendition will be one of the songs on it. I told my gf they should put together a box set with all the songs used on the show with the original artists plus the CD they have coming out with the best performances from the contestants doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "The Man who Sold the World was incredible."

Yep, they're actually coming out with a CD this month and her rendition will be one of the songs on it. I told my gf they should put together a box set with all the songs used on the show with the original artists plus the CD they have coming out with the best performances from the contestants doing them.
    I pre-ordered that cd the other day. It comes out the 20th.

Your idea of a box set would be awesome. I would buy it.

Amazon has the Lovehammers cd for $11.99. The name of it is Murder on My Mind.
    Last edited by ~Michelle; September 8th, 2005 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Crappy spelling
    ~Michelle

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I liked Mig, Marty & Ty from the start, but when Ty left and got into "my people" thing I was glad to see him go.

Yes, JD does come off like a jerk and eventhough INXS seems to like him the best, he would not be a good mix for them. He's a bit too phoney.

Trees was excellent and really showed more of the rocker side of Marty compared to more of the alternative type of music.

My top favorite is Mig but I think allot of it has to do with him seeming to be like a really nice guy and it comes out in his music.

I honestly never liked INXS but when it came on the first night, I got hooked.
    So good to nice more rock music then the wimpy Idol stuff (although I did first the first one through to the end) and they made all the contestants feel good about themselves.

What can I say about Navarro but just hot, hot, hot!

I received the Rock Star A Night At the Mayan Theatre CD today via UPS and it is pretty darn good!

Definately worth the money if you like the show and are interested.
    ~Michelle

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread