ABW Ambassador
    New CJ Account Status Message
    We are aware that CJ Account Managerô is experiencing several issues. Below is a summary of what these key issues are:

-Inconsistent display of reporting results across various reports

-Inability to download certain transaction and performance reports

-Intermittent inability to log into or stay logged on in CJ Account Manager

-Navigation delays within CJ Account Manager

-Member messaging email send statistics not correctly posting within CJ Account Manager

The resolution of these five issues is receiving our highest level of priority. We are making headway in identifying and implementing fixes to the causes of these issues. You will experience a significant improvement in all areas in the next several weeks.

We can assure you that all tracking of data and transactions remains fully functional. Further, our tracking databases are independent of and not impacted by the systems that are experiencing the issues listed above. We understand this is an inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by Trust; September 8th, 2005 at 07:22 PM.

Smile
    CJ seems to have discovered a basic principle of customer service. Making promises you cannot keep just makes your customers/partners more unhappy.
    So anyway from the first part of this message 'several' means 5 (issues)...
    so hopefully cj will start working (normally) again within 5 weeks?
    On to other projects for me.

They forgot the one about balance going down without corresponding reversals to account for the change.

Oh, and the one about sales coming in without the balance going up.

So does anyone know why the balance going down?

Is it somthing that will be corrected later or what?

ABW Ambassador
    How about sales not tracking? My order has already shipped out but the sale has not been tracked.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    They forgot the one about balance going down without corresponding reversals to account for the change.
    my balance came down today also with no reversals.

the amount appears to correspond to one transaction but since i have no way of finding out, i don't really know.

My issue with this is that running reports by posting dates, then by event date give very different numbers.

Either I am very profitable in August. or my business lost money.

Hmmm, Which report to believe?

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    TrustNo1 posted:
    We can assure you that all tracking of data and transactions remains fully functional.
    The weirdest thing happened while I was reading this thread. Due to some temporal anomaly my screen started displaying ABW posts from 2 years from now, i.e., Sept. 8, 2007. This temporal amomaly lasted for about 10 minutes, during which time I learned the following information.

Sometime in November of this year CJ's headquarters will be hit by a 1-mile in diameter meteor which will create a 10-mile diameter crater 3,500 feet deep. While the country struggles to recover from such a major meteor hit, ValueClick (CJ's parent company) will buy out some new small affiliate network, rename it CJ and by Sept. of 2007 they will have Commission Junction back up and running.

It seems that on the first day CJ is back on line they post a message apologizing for the downtime of 22 months and assuring all affiliates that tracking was never affected during the down time. In Todd's first post here after CJ's come back (luckily Todd was out of town on a business trip when the meteor hit and so he was OK) he further assures everyone that TRACKING WAS NEVER AFFECTED.

The one other thing I learned during this temporal anomaly was that in Mike and Charley's 20,000th post, Mike finally admitted that Charley was the one that had been actually writing all those posts over the years.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    my balance came down today also with no reversals.

the amount appears to correspond to one transaction but since i have no way of finding out, i don't really know.
    You have to play around with the reports....something like the corrected sales.....it shows in the month that they occurred rather than the time they were posted....They are there....you just gotta look really really hard

Actually, just run a Commission Detail on Today, by Posting Date (not Event Date). I see all my reversals that came in today... I got Zappo'd

Okay, time to switch hats here (from LS to CJ). This is terrible!!!

If you sit back and compare LS and CJ, what has happened lately with the the CJ reports looks very much like an attempt to create CenerJyAnalytics. Is CJ trying to compete with LS by adding all these fancy reporting options? Just like LS's SynAnal reporting, it is just slowing things down.

BETA TEST! BETA TEST! BETA TEST!

or
    Put it back the way it was.

I'm sorry, but it was obvious at the onset of the upgrade a couple weeks ago that this upgrade was taxing their current resources. It's more obvious now.

Anyone notice that these two slow downs have occured during peak merchant or CJ usage times? Maybe coincidence, but the last slow down occured while they were trying to cut checks and this one is occuring while merchants are trying to submit all their reversals. If I'm write, we will see another slow down in about ten days.

And another thing, someone fix the screen we get after log in. I use a laptop a lot and can't reduce the screen any further. Currently, I have to scroll to the right if I want to see the totals in the the Performance Levels columns. This is pretty bad and should be a simple fix. The header fits the screen perfect, it's just the tables down below that are running over the edge of the screen.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    You have to play around with the reports....something like the corrected sales.....it shows in the month that they occurred rather than the time they were posted....They are there....you just gotta look really really hard
    i agree, they are still there. that's cj's escape button. if confronted, they can still answer, they're all there.

But CJ just buried them real hard so we won't find them easily and not notice the anomalies going on.

what ever happened to this?
    "Forecast and monitor commissions more easily than ever"

by the way, i went to the August transaction report, sorted it by "Corrected", and the only item on the corrected column was a transaction that appeared as a reversal in the September reports.

so now, If the reversals are still included in the transaction reports, which i can see from time to time, then the unidentified transactions responsible for the unexplained bouncing balance amount remains that - unidentified.
    Last edited by waytogo; September 8th, 2005 at 11:47 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    They are pulling a wool over our eyes. This is definitely not good.
    Last edited by waytogo; September 8th, 2005 at 11:46 PM.

You're probably right waytogo; I've been transitioning out programs to some of the smaller networks and indies...CJ and LS are just so bad now that we can't trust them to accurately track and pay.

new aaccount msg
    This month transactions won't be locked until the 12th. Does that mean that mechant have an extra 2 days to reverse? what is going on cj?

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread