Zappos new message
    From Zappos:

"Our numbers show that we are already ramping up for the holiday sales increase. We are running at a rate to exceed 6 figures. Historically, the program has doubled from July to December, so we have a lot to look forward to.

We'd like to announce that Jack Kotowski is no longer heading up the Zappos.com Associate Management Team. We want to take this opportunity to thank Jack for his many years of work on the Zappos program. He'll continue to offer his much valued advice and consultation to us. Qiana Jones will be the main contact. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at associates@zappos.com.

We are working hard to achieve the same results again for both you and Zappos. This means that there is both enormous opportunity for you to profit, and more work for all of us in maintaining the fairness and integrity of the program. In that light, we have to enforce policies faster than before. It is the only fair way to reward those who are honest and play by the rules. Therefore, to ensure your own success and profit, please take a look at the way you operate in the Zappos program. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.

To re-iterate our policy regarding keyword bidding, as long as your bid is only the minimum allowed, AND you do not use our URL as your display URL, you may bid on our trademark or variants thereof. Violators risk losing any revenue involved.

Several of you contacted us with concerns about the fact that we have a customer service phone # strategically placed throughout our site. Let me assure you that the goal of this number is not to drive offline sales (these are more expensive!) but to improve customer service. We're pleased to say that the customer service line has had no significant
    impact on the % of our sales that are made via phone (that % remains small), nor has it negatively impacted our overall associate sales (which continue to increase).

Let's all work together to continue achieving the incredible success you share in.

Regards,
    Zappos.com Associate Management Team "

Internet Cowboy
    That will be scary for Zappos affiliates. It always means change. Sometimes good changes...sometimes bad changes.
    From the tone of the letter, their anti-parasite stance was not Jack's decision, which is good. Maybe they will keep this stance, although with a rookie AM the parasites will get downright sneaky in attempts to get in their program.

There is a new change already.
    I got my reverals today instead of the 10th.
    Which was scarry for a moment as they forgot to warn us.

I have reversals also..
    Quote Originally Posted by felix8
    There is a new change already.
    I got my reverals today instead of the 10th.
    Which was scarry for a moment as they forgot to warn us.

I have not researhed yet, but I do have some red ink next to some Zappos sales.. Let me check further. I have been out of town..

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    hmmmmm something smells fishy here....either I am by the ocean, near a whorehouse....or the phone thing stinks.....Hmmm the phone thing stinks.

That is the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard that the phone orders cost you more.....HA HA HA....what are you new trying to pull this crap with us?

Lets do some simple mathematics.

Lacky answering the phone...what $8 an hour......f it......Say it is even $50 an hour......lets make it $100 for shits and giggles.

$100 an hour times 16 hours.......two shifts....remember it isnt that busy......

So $1600 a day for a pair of Lackies........

Considering that you do so they say a Million a day in affiliate sales, big shooters and 5 percent (although I am sure that its closer to 25%) happens to straggle on your phone sales.....so we talking 50 thousand (More like 200K)

When you take the 16.5 you pay affiliates and factor in the CJ Juice.....lets call it 22% all together then plus Jacks cut or this new Letisha chick.....so lets add a point....we have 23% for the Affiliates....

23% of 50K is $11,500 for the affiliate marketing channel

VS

$1600 to do it yourself....

Well smack my ass and call me sally....thats a difference of $10,000 dollars a day, of course the phone orders are soooo small....if they were....the number wouldnt be there......

At least after you phuck me...or should I say.....your affiliate marketers....at least offer us a smoke.

Zappo's.....I personally do a huge amount of business for you.....Like HUGE...and guess what....I will be on the phone with everyone of your competitors giving them your business...I personally know much much better how the e com market works, and by attempting to take advantage of people that are ignorant to how phone orders work, just very well cost you one of your top affiliates....

Very well done.

Diddy

get your phone number off your site or watch millions of my pages divert traffic elsewhere, oh along with another handful of your top affiliates.

Jack's departure was a step in the right direction, don't screw up a great program

Zappos sales have been going crazy lately, if anything that phone number seems to be encouraging online orders, big orders on average $300.00 a pop lately.

Jack is still with Zappos? I thought he was gone (or did I miss the messages where he started posting again?)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread