ABW Ambassador
    Wonderful! Signed up as affiliate, now I can't place orders.
    I signed up with a different email, there's no reason to mingle with my own purchases. Now there's "no record" coming back as a message, and I'm being asked for the last 5 digits of the credit card number - I've got two and NEITHER one is being recognized, even though I made a purchase several months ago.

I'm trying to place an order to send my daughter a birthday gift and I CAN'T.

Is there a problem with placing orders if you've already got a customr account and sign up as an affiliate? I'm afraid this is beyond my intelligence level - all I know is that I can't place orders any more. And there's a lot of people out there even dumber than I am - is there always a problem with coming back to order again ?

ABW Ambassador
    I've never had a problem. Are you signed out?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    No problems for me either when using my customer acc't.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hi webworker,

Try this, when you get to amazon at top of the page where it says: "welcome so-and-so if this isn't you click here"- click the "this isn't you link"; then go back login and try it... If that doesn't work then dump your cookies.

Love You,
    HumbleFish
    Last edited by HumbleFish; September 9th, 2005 at 11:33 AM. Reason: had to insert critical words and stuff

Do as HumbleFish suggested, and if you still can't get in clear your cache. I think Amazon has trouble with cookies from time to time, as I've noticed I've had to dump everything in the past to access my various Amazon accounts.

I'll bet what HumbleFish suggested will take care of it, though.

You do know you can't use your affiliate links to make personal purchases through Amazon, don't you? For some reason, they prohibit that behavior in their TOS.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    The only other order I've ever placed there was on a gift certificate I got and I had to add around $2 from my own funds, so it looks possible they didn't store those last 5 digits of my debit card because the numbers weren't being recognized.

I signed up for a new account altogether and went directly to place the order, so far so good - it's on its way.

You do know you can't use your affiliate links to make personal purchases through Amazon, don't you? For some reason, they prohibit that behavior in their TOS.
    Right, I imagine that's so people won't sign up just for getting "discounts" on their own purchases and nothing more, but I didn't even try - I've got no links up yet and won't be for what I just bought anyway.

Thanks, anything further happens I'll dump cookies.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread