Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    NFL Season Started Today
    woohoo, any early predictions? Best time of the year. Right now i would say Patriots again and Carolina is looking good. On a side note, i'm happy my favorite college team, Notre Dame has the former Patriots offensive coordinator as their head coach. They have the hardest schedule this year but looked good kicking Pitt's ass

Affiliate Manager
    Trust

ND looked good against Pitt - maybe Weiss can bring 'em back to the promise land.

As for the NFL, I would say that this may be Indy's year, but I will be rooting for the Tuna in Dallas.
    Shawn - Nature Hills Nursery, Inc.
    Contact Info: aol im: sms10221975 | shawn"at"naturehills.com | icq: 106-663-985
    Join the Nature Hills affiliate program now | Earn 15% per sale | 365-day Cookie

I am liking the Cincinnati Bengals to improve a lot this year but of course I pick my team to win it all but I do that every year.

ABW Ambassador
    Non NFL post-

Notre Dame will be national champions this year.

It looks like the finally have it all together. A running game, a QB with a 66% completion rate, a defense. And they're going to beat #3 Michigan today.

Charlie Weiss Offensive Coordinator for Tom Brady now Brady Quinn

So you heard it here first.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I think the Penguins look like real contenders on paper. Oh wait you said NFL and not NHL

It's hard to not pick the Patriots again this year. Look for the Cardinals to make some noise this year.

Cool
    SUPER BOWL

49ers vs Chargers

This time Chargers come out on top!

As far as Notre Dame...their first two wins were a fluke...they won't even finish at .500!

go USC!

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, they're going to beat USC this year. They do have the #1 hardest schedule playing 3 out of the top 4 teams. But they're looking real good.

Superbowl - Colts or Patriots vs. Falcons

Wink
    Falcons huh? I hope so..i've got Vick on my fantasy team...

I do give ND credit on the schedule...they certainly don't sell themselves short when it comes to schedule difficulty... I'm sure it would be easy for them to schedule games with teams in perhaps the Mountain West Conference and smaller teams as such...but they shoot for the moon. That's why I believe they won't finish at .500. They just aren't back to where they need to be yet. Someday...but hopefully not anytime soon...cuz as i said...

GO USC!

anyone watch the USC game? It was like an instructional video on how to beat the crap outta your opponent. It wasn't even fun to watch after a while...it was just kind of sad. I started to feel bad for the Ark. players who were still running around on the field. The coach should have just let the whole team sit down indian style on the sideline while the USC offense played 11 on 0. It would have been just as effective.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by dflsports
    I think the Penguins look like real contenders on paper. Oh wait you said NFL and not NHL

It's hard to not pick the Patriots again this year. Look for the Cardinals to make some noise this year.
    I heard the noise the cardinals made in week one, and I have to say it sounded very similar to the aftermath of a night of drinking and Mexican food. haha JK. I like the Colts

As for NHL I'm going to have to go my team the NY Islanders...although another first round exit wouldn't surprise me either.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I have mixed feelings about football season.

On the one hand, I become a football widow on Sundays. On the other hand, it was boredom that got me started as a webmaster one Superbowl Sunday nearly six years ago!

Trust,
    I have to say that I am NOT a big Notre Dame fan but I do like Charlie Wies and that game Sat. vs Mi St. was awesome.. loved it even though I know you are probably pining the loss some.. it was a great effort and you can already tell that Notre Dame is a much better team than in recent years.. actually fun to watch.. its a good thing too since NBC gives us NO CHOICE..

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, what a great game except for the outcome. Down a couple of TD's, come back and take it to OT, score a FG and Michigan State comes back with a TD. Damn. But on the bright side they are looking good. A ND QB throwing for around 500 yards. Also Weiss is a great recruiter. He can just point to the Patriots and the Superbowls, so that'll help in recruiting some offensive talent. So we'll just be getting better. So now they'll just have to knock USC off

"On the one hand, I become a football widow on Sundays."

You should have seen my gf's face when i told here there were 2 Monday Nite football games tonight. She can't stand football. Now the big decision for the day, pizza from where?

I think the Refs are calling a lot of calls in favor of the Saints that typically wouldn't be called.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Actually, I think my Packer season ended last week!

Is there a rotten cheese smiley to be found anywhere?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Can we all please observe a moment of silence for Tim Rattay and the 49ers...

I am a huge Chiefs fan, so at this point (2-0) I am very happy. Especially when you consider that they lost ALL of their pre-season games, and that one of their wins was already over a divisional opponent. (The Raiders)

The Raiders game was sweet because the win really came from an effort put forth by our defense. Something that Kansas City hasn't seen for a season or two. If they can put a decent defense up with their incredible offence, and exciting special teams (Dante Hall), it could be a fun season.

I'm going to the game the Sunday after Thanksgiving and can't wait. They are playing the Patriots so it will be a huge game. I'm scared that they'll get killed, but if they are able to somehow pull off a win against the Pats, it would be an amazing thing to witness.

Go Chiefs!

PS- I became a Packers fan back in 1992 when married to a Wisconsin boy. I've since divorced him and remarried, but still have a fondness for the Packers, especially for Brett Favre. I'm going to be really sad if he has a lousy season and then decides to retire. I want him to go out with a bang, not like that.

I'd watch American Football if they took the pads and helmet off, now Rugby, thats a game for real men

ABW Ambassador
    There are some good games today. Tennessee/St. Louis went down to last series, Jets/Jaguars OT, Philly/Oakland Philly kicking for the win and gooodd.. Notre Dame won yesterday, Falcons won. Alright pizza time for Pittsburgh/New England

Trust,
    Did you read this story..
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2172623

Charlie Weis.. I like him more everyday!

Wow. That one knocked the wind out of me. I've never really followed Notre Dame because my dad doesn't like them, but I think this season I'll make an exception.

Sheri

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, he's a great guy. Before he came to ND i only knew he was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots and we all know what happened there. Then i also saw the story they did on his daugther which was very touching. I think he's a great fit for ND.

ABW Ambassador
    Alright FluxAds. ND - USC 14-14. Still over 12 minutes to go in 2nd quarter.

Can ND beat the #1 team in the country for awhile now and make me a happy boy?

ABW Ambassador
    yyyyyyeeeeeeeeesssssssssss

60 yard punt return for a TD

ND 21 USC 14

that was a great game.. I'm not huge on USC, but I Have NEVER rooted FOR an Irish team.. until now. I probably jinxed 'em.. dammit to hell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast