Countrywide
    I just signed up with countrywide because I liked their creatives for one of my sites, but man...I'm not a fan of those landing pages. 1-800 numbers slathered everywhere. Anyone having success with them. Or, any other good mortgage / refi vendors out there with decent creatives?

Cygnus

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    I just signed up with countrywide because I liked their creatives for one of my sites, but man...I'm not a fan of those landing pages. 1-800 numbers slathered everywhere. Anyone having success with them. Or, any other good mortgage / refi vendors out there with decent creatives?

Cygnus
    thanx for reminding me: I'm thinking of killing a personal finance resource page on two sites and that'll be another nail.

huh?

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    huh?
    you mentioned a reason for not wanting to continue a relationship with a merchant.

I have a page or two with just a few of these kind folks, the remains of larger pages where I have systematically pulled their cousins from the pages for non-converting.

I'm going to take one more look and then get out of that business as far as my sites are concerned. The nail reference is to "one more nail in the coffin."

Gotcha. Yes, I do prefer to only work with honest programs...if the commission deference is minimal, I'd consider staying.

If you "get out of the business", what will you do to monetize those pages? 301 redirect to a different page? Adsense? Drop the page and 404 redirect elsewhere?

Even when I drop a program or 12, I like to make sure that each page is pulling its weight for the site in question.

Cygnus

my original thought was to just pull the pages as they brought no traffic. If there had been, I was going to throw some more relevant text and a block of adword ads.

just had a light bulb go off: maybe I can find one or two homeowners insurance merchants. with the appropriate text (and other page modifications) those adwords ads ought to pay off well as that is one field where they pay throught the nose.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread