Using a contest to promote a newsletter
    I'm running a contest to give away a $100 gift card to one of my newsletter subscribers to hopefully get some more signups. My question is now that I have it, how do I promote it? I could go to the thousands of freebies forums and make posts, but surely there has to be a more efficient way. Are there a few master lists that everyone else gets their info from?

You could allways do a short article and post it to a few of the news sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilitech
    My question is now that I have it, how do I promote it? I could go to the thousands of freebies forums and make posts, but surely there has to be a more efficient way. Are there a few master lists that everyone else gets their info from?
    Hi, from your post, I understand that you want to use this promotion to increase your newsletter sign ups. I think the best way to do this would be to place some articles from your newsletter to your site with a link 'Sign up now to read more'

Now a days, people are flooded with newsletters and only the best stand out. As far as I know, Sitepro is one such newsletter which every webmaster would love to read. The reason behind this is because their articles are to the point and they always have links to some free stuff. Thats the point of focus. Give out something free when people sign up.

As for getting the word out, try sending out a press release. Not sure how many people would actually read them, but its worth the efforts.

http://www.prleap.com/
    http://www.pressbox.co.uk/cgi-bin/links/add.cgi

Hope this helps.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm also running a contest, I submitted to several popular contest directory's like ContestHound etc. We have also placed banners on the forum and will send out a newsletter to members soon. We made the contest to run for 3 months plus a two week voting period. This gives ample time to promote and get the word out. Since this contest is for musicians we also mention the contest on music related forums in the correct manner.

I would like to also send out a press release which I have made and just submitted to the link provided above.

I hope to hear more from others who have some ideas to help promote a contest.

You could send out a press release. Advertise in targeted ezines and some off line advertising in targeted magazines could also help.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread