Internet Cowboy
    Payment-Related Events???
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Acct. Mgr.
    Important Payment and Batch File Update (5:30 PM September 9, 2005 / 00:30 GMT 9 September)

Please carefully read about these several payment-related events that will occur next week:

Commissions will be locked in the CJ Account Manager after September 12th, instead of September 10th. Be assured that publisher payments will still be released on our normal schedule of on or around September 20th.

Because of the system resources being applied to processing payout, you may experience a slowdown when viewing reports in CJ Account Manager on Tuesday through Thursday, September 13th through 15th.

Regarding batch files: If you are an advertiser that has already submitted batch file corrections, you do not need to re-submit them. However, if you have not submitted, you will have till end-of-business Monday, September 12th to make manual corrections or submit additional batch corrections.

So, why is it that CJ can't seem to do one thing without throwing the other processes in to a tailspin? How much money did you make last year CJ? Can you NOT afford enough computers to run your business? I mean...WTF???? Buy some machines, buy some RAM, buy whatever the phuk you have to buy to make your network function.
    You spend a TON of money on CJU. Cancel it in leiu of having a network that actually works!!
    Jesus!!! Are things really that tight that you can't afford enough machines to be able to process payments without reporting or other vital processes being affected? Buy some damn computers!!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Exactly! These problems are getting toooo tin-horn!!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

What bothered me most about that statement was
    Because of the system resources being applied to processing payout, you may experience a slowdown when viewing reports in CJ Account Manager on Tuesday through Thursday, September 13th through 15th.
    We are already experiencing a slowdown. This, to me, means that between Sept. 13-15 it will not be moving at all.

Sadly, I am seeing a trend here with CJ and LS. They modify reporting software without beefing up the server and computing resources. Add in the monthly reversals, a swarm of batch sales, and payout computing and everything slows down to a crawl. It's kind of like road construction here in Omaha. Instead of widening a road before a shopping center is built, they wait until the all the stores are open and traffic is nearly at a standstill at every intersection before they decide to widen the roads. Then guess what, they reduce old traffic by half the lanes while they take months to work on it. Well, finally the city has seen the problems with this and I see them expanding a road before the shopping center is done. Hope CJ and LS can soon come to this kind of enlightenment.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    It sounds more and more like CJ's CEO must be a reincarnated Nero. He is "fiddling" around while CJ (Rome) burns. Furthermore, he bleeds the money from his merchants and affiliates (the Roman treasury) to build his new and improved CJ (Nero's Golden Palace) in the heart of his empire.

Welll.... more power to the barbarians (SAS and others).
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread