Buying links
    I have browsed a couple of services where I can buy links - one ways from other sites, like newspaper sites, answersdotcom, and so forth and so on. Does anyone have a recommendation where I might find a good quality (reputable) service? I did not find the site/service with the 2000 inboundlinks for $19.95 a month to be what I was looking for, btw.
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

What's your purpose?

1) PR Increase?
    2) Traffic?
    3) Get sandboxed by Google?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I want to place a straight url (no codes) on a site for the purpose of boosting my pagerank.
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    What's your purpose?

1) PR Increase?
    2) Traffic?

Haiko,

What do you mean by #3? I've seen a text link seller advertising here on ABW - is it true that if you use their service you might get sandboxed?

That's the whole point of my post - Beware some of the companies because you will get sandboxed. The ones that advertise here are reputable.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 6th, 2005 at 12:46 PM.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

That's the whole point of my post - Beware some of the companies because you will get sandboxed.
    Suppose, hypothetically of course, that one had gotten oneself sandboxed this way. Is there a way out? Hypothetically speaking.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

An expert would have to answer that one.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I'm no expert but, I believe you can by disassociating yourself from the "bad" source but it takes a long time, 6-12 months from what I've seen, to get back into the big G's good graces. Best to avoid anything you think may hurt you. Read all you can and try to learn from other's mistakes. For example, if you're thinking about buying links from xyz link brokers, do a search on the company name and URL and see what folks have to say about them. I've had sites get sandboxed and it's not fun. If you only have one site, be very careful what you do. If you decide to go ahead with this, go slow. If you go from 0 links to 100 links overnight red flags will go up with the SEs.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

My suggestion
    visit the advertising section of webhostingtalk.com

and if you want I got 3 link spots open on my sites front page.
    PR6

That's the whole point of my post - Beware some of the companies because you will get sandboxed. The ones that advertise here are reputable.

If people were looking for traffic only I have found a pretty reliable source for some really good targetted traffic at a good price, PM me for the site.
    Haiko, I cant PM yet so can you PM me with that site?

Thanks.

A silly question
    This may sound dumb but could somebody please explain what is meant by being sandboxed?

Does this mean being banned?

I can't help it, I was born that way!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=61619

And wasn't a dumb question, but was lazy. Try the ABW search feature next time - there's a ton of info here for you quickly find.

Back to buying links:
    I have looked at some of the web advertising networks that broker links so you can buy and/or sell according to page rank, traffic, desired budget etc. I think that is the way to go, but is there some way to be less obvious about the brokering in case Google is monitoring agency set-ups like that? I'm not talking about the "bad neighborhood, link farm scatter shot stuff". I have been looking at sites that operate much like the ad offers at a blog directory. "This specific space for sale for this price for this length of time"

My primary reason for research is my own sites' traffic, but I have also been presented with an opportunity to help find sponsors for a few dozen podcasts and I don't want to spam but I don't know how to find possibilities other than setting up with one of these networks or starting my own.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions for uncovering folks like Lurker Jones (top of post) who want a one-way with a PR 6 but would be best served by a very niche specific recommendation? Thanks in advance

That's the whole point of my post - Beware some of the companies because you will get sandboxed.
    But there is a safe way to get taken back again quite quick. Some new content via RSS feeds to MyMSN and MyYahoo and Google & Yahoo sitemaps. Within a week you are out of the sandbox again.

I made even a grey PR site get indexed and get PR quickly, not big PR=3, but when others talk about months this seems to be stratenge that they to not use the help of content optimizers (RSS feeds, sitemaps, etc.)
    [LEFT][B]Good partners = top positions[/B]
    see screenshots with [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]PROOFS[/url]
    [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]Automatic Reciprocal Links Exchange Script[/url]
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

Unhappy Selling links problem
    Hi

I am trying to sell links from my pixel website called www.bid4blocks.co.uk, which is a PR3 at the moment. Before you criticise me on starting a pixel website and being a copycat and all, I am pretty new to websites, SEO and everything else and I though that starting a pixel website would be a good way to learn the ins and outs of website promotion, which it has been! The links from Bid4Blocks are direct links and I have seen very good results from websites that are linked from it. This includes www.adsbay.co.uk (a brand new site only 1 day old at the time), which after being linked from Bid4Blocks was listed in Google in 2 days.
    I am not trying to sell these pixels by telling people they are going to get loads of traffic from my site, because frankly Bid4Blocks does not get loads of traffic itself, but I am trying to sell them as a one way link, which I know for a fact will increase a websites placement in search engines.
    My problem is that no one is buying any links and I donít know why, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the matter?

Thanks

The Google-hatesme! Guy
    2006 Winner Lazarus award
    PM Me....
    How to build links without angering Google

There are a lot of "theories" about the Google sandbox. Generally, the Sandbox, if it exists, is not understood to be a "penalty". Some people think that Google lets new links "mature" for several months before they start benefiting. This would help make link-buying less cost-effective. Others think that Google does this with new pages or entirely new sites in order to slow spammers. One, or a combination of these three possibilities is usually meant by the SEO term "sandbox".

Of course, the problem with all these possibilites is that Google is desperate for fresh content and all the sandbox theories would seem to sabotage this goal. And the spammers with their link farms still seem to have great success.

On the other hand, Haiko is right that Google explicitly dislikes link purchasing (which it interprets as artificial gaming of PageRank). (Check out Matt Cutt's blog http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/text-links-and-pagerank)

Supposedly incoming links cannot harm your website -- but I would not rely on this being the case. Google is "notoriously evil" about not giving a damn about the fate of individual webmasters they accidentally crush. If they should someday have an algo that fairly effectively detects link purchases, I expect they will to use it and wipe out a lot of struggling sites like yours (and probably also a lot of sites that did not buy links).

On the internet, content is helpful but "Google is King" and it's probably best just to not antagonize the e-supreme being. Besides, there are lots of ways to get tons of legit links without using techniques that are explicitly disliked by the 800-pound Googlrilla -- so why take the risk?

Here are just a few:

- Write useful content and publish articles with backlinks
    - publish many RSS feeds of your articles and other content
    - create podcasts of your content, submit to podcast lists
    - write or commission useful software utilities related to your
    industry, mass-submit PAD files to download sites and the ASP PAD repository
    - spend time on forums and newsgroups helping answer questions related to your
    industry (make sure that, unlike this forum, they allow signature lines)
    - come up with buttons, awards and cool linkbait that contain your backlinks
    - if you're just starting out, choose a domain that contains your primary keywords
    so that every time it's made into a link your keywords will be in the
    anchor text (like http://home-buying.net or http://free-backup.info etc.)
    - make an art out of sending press releases with every twist of fate
    - give a free resource away on your site. Use Arelis to find and write to
    related websites asking them to consider linking to the resource.

What you should NOT do:

- buy links (waste of money)
    - submit your site to search engines (waste of time)
    - run a reciprocal linking program (both dangerous and pointless)
    - ever mention PageRank or trading links on your site at all!! (dangerous)
    - publish duplicate content or a mass-generated directory
    - use hidden text, cloaking, hidden links, FFA's etc.
    - SIT AROUND AND WAIT FOR YOUR SITE TO BE DISCOVERED -- it won't happen!

Good luck,
    - Chad

PS. I've built websites up, in just a few months, from PR0 to PR8 -- achieving 20k daily organic search engine visits -- by using a few other extremely powerful link-building techniques. I'd be happy to share them privately with anyone interested.

Just PM me.

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by aahh
    I'd be happy to share them privately with anyone interested.

Just PM me.

hehe

Dude, you post good stuff and go infantile with the rules again. Look, don't bother ... just go ... it's not positive nor productive. You want a link for forum software? Go, make your own rules, post away and use your methods for the 20K daily. Be happy, don't waste anymore of your time.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

The Google-hatesme! Guy
    PM Me....
    Relax Haiko, it was supposed to be funny. Sorry if poked a sore spot.

- Chad

http and a telephoto
    Being infantile isn't funny.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by aahh
    I've built websites up, in just a few months, from PR0 to PR8 -- achieving 20k daily organic search engine visits -- by using a few other extremely powerful link-building techniques. I'd be happy to share them privately with anyone interested.
    If what you say is true above, please PM me with the info

The Google-hatesme! Guy
    PM Me....
    Saf, I'm sorry, it was an infantile jest for which I've already apologized.

The only way to boost your website is to provide good content and then go out and find ways to build inbound links to your content. It's a matter of collecting a toolbox of "inbound link gathering" techniques and then applying them every day diligently. There are no easy or simple shortcuts.

One good approach, if you are just beginning, is to first identify the problems which your target audience is trying to solve. Then research out an array of solutions (including low-budget or free solutions) and create "solutions" pages. These work as great landing pages & link bait -- since they actually provide solid value to your visitor.

Here is one nice, no-cost technique for building traffic and awareness:
    1- create and account with "Google Alerts" (http://www.google.com/alerts)
    to send you notices of all "groups" discussions surrounding the problem.
    2- identify keyword combinations related to your "problem/solution". Use
    multiple-word quoted phrases rather than single keywords or you'll get
    a bunch of junk back. Use a freeware keyword gathering tool to help build
    your list like (http://acme-web-design.info/keyword-research-gadget.htm)
    3- use a new email address and sort all mail to that address into a
    special folder in outlook -- otherwise you'll be overwhelmed by alert mail
    4- follow the discussions and just help people solve their problems - when
    appropriate, provide one of your "solutions" pages - otherwise, just provide
    your homepage URL in the signature line.

That's it. The nice thing about this approach is that you gain expertise yourself while helping other people out. You'll build up both good-will and traffic. Before you know it, you'll be happily surprised to see other people providing your "solutions" page before you get there.

Good luck,
    - Chad

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread