Wink Because of the system resources being applied to processing payout
    you may experience a slowdown.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol

Please carefully read about these several payment-related events that will occur next week:

• Commissions will be locked in the CJ Account Manager after September 12th, instead of September 10th. Be assured that publisher payments will still be released on our normal schedule of on or around September 20th.

• Because of the system resources being applied to processing payout, you may experience a slowdown when viewing reports in CJ Account Manager on Tuesday through Thursday, September 13th through 15th.

• Regarding batch files: If you are an advertiser that has already submitted batch file corrections, you do not need to re-submit them. However, if you have not submitted, you will have till end-of-business Monday, September 12th to make manual corrections or submit additional batch corrections.

Angry
    Is that all you got CJ? I mean atleast get a bit more creative with your exscuses.

Thumbs down
    I just don't understand how "system resources" can get so thin, except for extremely poor (cheap) design. apparently someone doing the design was told to spend as little as possible on infrastructure as it could be switched in function for a few days each month.

--poor customer service; did someone there forget that we are also customers?

Without giving away trade secrets, I'd like to know just a tad more deltails about why this happens when their are upgrades. Todd, can you provide just a little more information?

Thanks.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Clearly, they've migrated to Microsoft.

i've been waiting 6 days for my return email questions.... this is getting very bad!

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    MS -designed systems will work OK and are reasonably scalable if you don't mind spending a little in the process. I speak as an MS MCSE here. But that can mean bringing in the semi-trailers of portable equipment when the buying season is hitting its peak.

I bet you $1 that payments will be late again

daweller2
    Well....... I'd like to see your bet and raise you 4 bits but I'd like to change the bet to.... "I bet that CJ has a major malfunction around the 16th............. maybe the 15th... that causes reporting and paying to once again be delayed past the 20th of the month." I also predict that sheep will continue to be sheep and that herds will continue to be herded......... Value Click or no Value Click.. this is a company that is sure to keep our a hearts flutterin.. (Have ya'll checked out Shareasale?... Not a bad place and if we can get them to draw the big ticket people and get them to change some of their terms so that we aren't left out of the picture when companies don't pay up, they've got a pretty good deal..) I'm just sayin that you might want to check them out...

My guess is that it has to do with the Account Manager database read/write activity that would cause a slowdown. Remember, there is only one central database and all the servers need to wait their turn to access it. If another system (that being the payment calculation) is accessing the database intensively, there will be a noticeable slowdown to other applications. I don't understand why this is happening now when after years of processing payouts there weren't noticeable slowdowns (or even possible slowdowns)...
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Fortunately, CJ isn't. The URLs are case sensitive.
    Tuan

I keep picturing this big room, with hundreds and hundreds of cages on tables. In each cage is a Hamster, running as fast as it can in one of those wheels. Connected to each wheel, are the wires that power CJ's systems.

Those Hamsters must hate it when processing payment time rolls around...

Andy

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread