9/11 Remembered
    Haiko, nice touch with the header. I can't believe its been 4 years. Prayers for all the souls lost that dreadful day.

Amen.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him - Revelations 6:8 (KJV)

Things in our world are getting bad. real bad.
    Last edited by Lurker Jones; September 11th, 2005 at 01:23 AM. Reason: additional comment
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

We should never forget. Good job on the image, Haiko.
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

I will never forget that day. My dad was dying of cancer and my wife and I had just returned home from helping mom take care of him that weekend before. We were both tired and I was sleeping in late on 9/11. I remember getting up and saying hi to my wife when she said that something bad had happened in NYC. Not really clear headed, I ask her what happened. She said, it looks like terrorist have hijacked some airplanes and flown them into the twin towers. Not really awake good it didn't sink in until she said that both towers had collapsed. What, I said? She said that both towers had collapsed. I thought my goodness, can this be real? Unfortunately, it was and I couldn't believe the news replays that I watched for the days to come. My dad died one month later and it will be hard to separate his death, in my mind, from the thousands of others that died on that terrible day.

I've read on other web sites that Hollywood is about to start producing movies about 9/11 because they believe the public is finally ready to deal with this tragedy on film. I pray that they will use good judgment and some old fashion common sense when they head into this area. For some people, especially the families that lost loved ones, four years in not enough time to have Hollywood disparage the victims of that day. I guess we will all just have to wait and see what they come up with.
    [URL="http://mhutch.blogspot.com"]Hutch Report[/URL] - Personal comments about the news of the day
    [URL="http://z3.invisionfree.com/Hutch_Report/"]Hutch Report Forums[/URL] - Comment on Hutch Report blog posts
    [URL=http://chatroll.com/hutch-report-chat-room]Hutch Report Chat[/URL] - Talk about the news of the day here.

It's one of those incidents where we remember exactly what we were doing when we found out. I'd just come in from work and my eldest son had the tv on "Somethings happening in New York...."

It still seems incredible that it ever happened at all, we should never forget.

Movies after just 4 years? That is a mistake, people are still grieving and there's no answers, the threat is still there. It's too close for some time yet.

We were vacationing in Hawaii. Due to the time difference, we found out about it a few hours after it happened rather than seeing the events unfold. I was walking down to the business center so I could get online, and when I walked past the bar there was a huge group of people gathered around the TV. They were replaying one of the buildings colapsing, and it caught my attention. I watched for a few minutes, then went back up to the room to tell my wife. We spent most of the rest of the vacation glued to the TV, changing hotel reservations, and trying to find out when flights were resuming.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

LJ, thanks for the Reagan quote.

One of the saddest thing is probably that, people will do anything for religion or beliefs.

Some here in Quebec are anti-americans and tought you deserved those two tragedies (the twin towers and Katrina) but it's not my case. I think everyone as a right to live, outside his religion, skin color, language or whatever difference he can have.

The point his, I saw people (here in Canada and everywhere around the world) blaming the Arabs for the attacks. The sole and only responsibles are those who hijacked the planes and the person who gave the order to do it.

Talibans are not necessarily Arabs, it's just a sect, badly, derivated from the Moslems (I guess thats the word). In the Coran, they have approximatly the same rules as in our Bible "Thou shall not kill".

I just hope I am clear, I don't want misunderstanding. I'm not complaining, I'm offering my point of view. If you want to flame me, remember that you have just a different opinion, so it will give me the right to flame you too :P

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Thanks for the header, it's a nice quiet tribute.

Thoughts and prayers of most Russians I spoke with today are about America and our common enemy - terrorism. Good header. Sad stuff. The world will never be the same. We're in a constant state of war (with terrorism) now.

Geno

Nice header Haiko. Watched some specials on this today, it's hard to believe it's been 4 years already.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Can't believe its been 4 years

Haiko I just love the black it makes it easier for color blind people like myself to read the forum. What was it blue or green, it is not a good color for me to see.

It is a very nice header Haiko.

I too was shocked when I realised it is now 4 years I must admit.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I can't believe it has been that long either, but I am sure for those who lost someone, it doesn't seem all that long ago. :-(

I wrote a poem a few days after September 11, 2001 and I went back and re-read it today and it brought back the whole feeling again.

I think I have posted it here before, but here it is again...

September Tears

Morning comes calling,
    Warm with sunshine.
    I look outside,
    at this soothing sign.
    It's a wonderful Fall,
    In my mind I say.
    Beautiful and sunny,
    Perfect in every way.

The kid's sleep in a bit longer,
    As I curl up with a book.
    Some peaceful time for 'me'!
    Then the phone ring's off the hook.

My husband's voice,
    Still rings in my head.
    "Turn on the TV!
    Bad things are occurring, people are dead!"

I turn on the TV,
    Just in time for plane number two.
    I can't believe what I see,
    it is about to do.

My heart sinks,
    As I watch it approach in the sky,
    A tear slips down my cheek,
    As I silently cry.

It collides with the tower,
    A huge fireball it makes,
    Both of the towers,
    Quiver and shake.

I watch with horror,
    As someone plunges down to their death,
    Soon to be followed by others,
    As I hold my breath.

Soon the flames climb up,
    High in the sky,
    I keep asking myself,
    Dear God Why?

All of the sudden,
    One tower begins to rumble,
    It starts to sway,
    It's about to crumble.

Floor by floor,
    It comes crashing down,
    Like an accordion,
    Minus the musical sound.

Instead of sweet music,
    Screams ring in my ears,
    Many people turn and run,
    Not hiding their fears.

A short time later,
    Tower number two comes down.
    Scattering more rubble,
    Around on the ground.

As the dust settles,
    The horror unfolds,
    There are many lives lost,
    So we are told.

Soon we hear of more,
    Terrible acts,
    A plane pointed at the Pentagon,
    And into it it smacks.

Another comes down,
    Into vacant land it soared,
    Taking with it more souls,
    Of those who were on board.

The day goes on.
    We see things we hope to never see again.
    But little did we know,
    What was about to begin.

We now realize,
    As our hearts give a sigh,
    Inside each American,
    A little piece of us has died.

Hateful people,
    Or so we are told,
    Want to see us destroyed,
    Their hearts are so cold.

These same people,
    Are about to discover,
    That America is strong,
    And we will recover.

It may take more bloodshed,
    Of that I am sure,
    But we must do something,
    So this does not reoccur.

So 'You' be on your guard,
    'You' know who you are,
    Your day is coming,
    Your endings not farů
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Thank you ~Michelle

That really is a very good poem. It certainly brings back the feelings I had while I was watching the horror of it all on telly.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I have a good friend whose Father lost his life in Tower 2. The same good friend's Mother volunteers for Habitat for Humanity here in Park City. Today HFH sponsored a build project in Heber City Utah (just 15 miles easy of Park City), and a bunch of us went and volunteered for the day. I learned that there's legislation in Congress to make Sept 11th a national volunteer day and i thought that was a great idea. My wife and I plan to volunteer on every Sept 11th for Habitat for Humanity from now on. It was an inspiring seen...

What a super idea Gary I hope it carries.

YouTrek

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread