Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Midnight Rambler
    So when you're working late and want a midnight snack, what do you go for?

Sweets? Salty snacks? Cereal? A meal?

Last night I had salami on crackers at 1:00 AM. What I really wanted was a tuna sandwich but I was too lazy to make tuna salad. But hey...at least I passed up the garlic pickles.

Last night I had half a bag of tortilla chips. I was going to get salsa, but wanted to "not eat THAT bad" (Like the 10 lbs of salt on the chips was a good thing). Besides, I didn't want the keyboard of my laptop all sticky with salsa.

Streaatz

I ate half a bag of Hersheys Morsals again. If I use raisins in the chocolate chip cookies instead, do you think the kids will notice?

Salami on Crackers sounds good, but I can't eat late like I used to: if I do I get that acid that eats a hole in your esophagus and you have to take the purple pill for (can't think of the actual name right now). Youch, I must be getting old.

WebDiva,

They'll notice.

Last night I made a quesadilla at 11 pm. Left a big mess and didn't have to worry about anyone complaining cause hubby is away

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    Salami on Crackers sounds good, but I can't eat late like I used to: if I do I get that acid that eats a hole in your esophagus and you have to take the purple pill for (can't think of the actual name right now). Youch, I must be getting old.
    Acid reflux or GERD. Quite a horrible way to wake up! I have to avoid eating before bed, too...

WebDiva: They most certainly will notice, and be insulted that you'd think they could possibly miss something like that (regardless of their age).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I had sushi and mock crab legs at around midnight.

Usually I eat cheese and crackers or jalapeno and cheddar doritos. Yummm!
    Late night eating is probably the reason I toss and turn all night.
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

Acid reflux/GERD - there's one word for it: Prilosec. One pill a day, and it's over the counter. Works great! Avoid eating for at least three hours before going to bed, if possible, and elevate the head of your bed slightly.

Andy

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Acid reflux/GERD - there's one word for it: Prilosec. One pill a day, and it's over the counter. Works great! Avoid eating for at least three hours before going to bed, if possible, and elevate the head of your bed slightly.

Andy

Three Whole Hours!!!
    Yipes!

It's that last hour before I go to be that I'm hungriest. Even if it's as late as 3 or 4 in the morning, I still have to eat something tangy or a salty snack of some sort.
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Wellllll...it's complicated for me because I have a duodenal ulcer and GERD.

So for the ulcer I'm supposed to keep something in my stomach at all times (especially before bedtime) but for the GERD I'm not supposed to eat for a few hours before bedtime. Because the pain from the ulcer is worse than the pain from the GERD I eat before bedtime. So I always have laryngitis. Anyway, I usually don't eat salami as a late night snack. A small piece of bread with jam usually does the trick.

Oh, and I'm supposed to stop drinking coffee but that ain't ever gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by BrattyKitty
    Three Whole Hours!!!
    Yipes!

It's that last hour before I go to be that I'm hungriest. Even if it's as late as 3 or 4 in the morning, I still have to eat something tangy or a salty snack of some sort.

I hear ya there! Must be a Canadian thing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea

Oh, and I'm supposed to stop drinking coffee but that ain't ever gonna happen!

IMO Life is too short NOT to drink coffee or bad coffee. It's one of my greatest pleasures ... and I'm sure it as addictive as cigarettes.

Think I'll start one of these fun threads about what would you not want to live without. That should prove interesting. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy

Andy

Currently I use generic Zantac (over-the-counter version) close to bedtime. It works well, as long as I remember to take it! I used to use Tagamet (equivalent), which worked, but after a while it started keeping me up as if I'd had 10 cans of soda

If it ever stops being effective, I'll remember to give Prilosec a try.

Same disclaimer...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I usually eat some fruit and/or string cheese at night, but last night I fixed a chili-dog with onions, peppers, and cheese. It sure was good!
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

[B]I can only cook outdoors.I found a great Italian restaurant,with an antipasta and 100 other dishes that our out of this world.
    when I feel like a late snack, a slice of cold pizza, and a bottle or 2 of Guiness hits the spot, and gives me the calories I need to try to regain some weight, my wife made the greatest Irish stew I and others ever tasted.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

It's always cheese and crackers with some ice cream! Wierd but good..

That's it (as Charlie Brown would say)! Thanks Leader. Acid Reflux, that's one bad animal... Thanks for the remedies everyone.

I have to do my eating/snacking in the day time... Yesterday I ate a whole Red Baron Pizza and a quarter gallon of Blue Bunny, Bunny Tracks Ice-Creme... Now that's living!

Best thing to have at 1:00 or (better yet) at 2:00 AM - IMHO - is four-five shots of nice Caribbean rum and a cup of hot tea... Can't work after it, but sleep real well.

Geno

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Lately, I started desiring coffee late, around 10-11:00 PM. I actually drink some, it doesn't bother when I go to bed a few hours later. Dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWebDiva
    I ate half a bag of Hersheys Morsals again. If I use raisins in the chocolate chip cookies instead, do you think the kids will notice?
    Just tell them that they are the good kind of raisins!

http and a telephoto
    Cheese, ritz crackers and peanut butter, sometimes French Onion dip

Chex Mix on the "need salt" nights, but I *have* to add peanuts.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ritz crackers, Yum I used to get those everytime I went to my Grandmother's house- Good Memory.

I had to give up the coffee, I got up to three pots a day; I pretty near killed myself with that stuff... I could feel my heart giving way; be careful.

I now drink hot green tea about three to four cups a day... Keeps me going and very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrattyKitty
    I had sushi and mock crab legs at around midnight.
    Did they call you names?

I'm addicted to having a Mounds bar around 11PM every night. Had to switch to de-caf Coke after 8PM though.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    Totally agree with you loxly. Cheese, ritz crackers and peanut butter ROCKS! In fact that's what i had last night with my Weetabix and milk.

Corned beef on ritz crackers is also good...

Something 'stodgy' is nice in the evening...Comfort food...Mashed potatoe with sausages is always good.
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Best thing to have at 1:00 or (better yet) at 2:00 AM - IMHO - is four-five shots of nice Caribbean rum and a cup of hot tea... Can't work after it, but sleep real well.

Geno
    Someone once gave me a bottle of that rum, after burning my guts, I slept for 2 days, it's like Irish moonshine, "Poteen", hot tea works.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast