Small town Napanee, ON. High tech High Speed Hook up though!
    Smile ae.pl beta feedback for Cusimano
    Hi from evaluebuy!
    Just uploaded the beta version of ae-050905.

Just wanted to let you know that clicking on Buy from Amazon works just fine, adding the product to the cart on amazon, however 'buy from amazons' from Canada, UK and France do not add to cart or pull up a product detail page at the respective sites. Here is part of the url sent to amazon

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ext...ex=blended&tag

The '/external-search' shows in all urls from all three countries listed above.
    This brings up a page at amazon "Search Results - All Products: <<Keyword>>

<<Keyword>> represents the keyword in the external search request from the link the script outputs

Don't know if this has been reported to you yet, but I would appreciate if the script provided direct add to cart links for the other amazon sites the script supports.

Regards,
    Dan for evaluebuy

Amazon.com AWS3 supports Add to Cart only for amazon.com -- not for the other amazon sites (.ca, .fr, etc....).

I'm not sure what problem you're seeing. Send to me a URL of your website showing the problem. Do not send an amazon URL.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

I know understand what you mean.

Again, only amazon.com (the USA website) supports Add to Cart so that's why the other amazon buy links are not Add to Cart.

The non-USA amazon buy links do searches because ASIN's are not guaranteed to be the same on all the amazon sites. The search results are based on amazon.com (I'm assuming that's how you've configured ae) so all the ASIN's are related to the amazon.com website. Some of those ASIN's may not work at the non-USA amazon websites, such as amazon.co.uk (amazon.co.uk would report their "The file you requested could not be found" error). To get around the non-shared ASIN problem, AE does a keyword search instead. This feature was introduced in v5.03.22-beta. If you prefer to try your luck with the ASIN instead of doing a keyword search, then set configuration variable addto.buyfrom.keyword to no

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

To not do keyword search and do ASIN linking, set the addto.buyfrom.keyword configuration variable to no (if the variable does not exist in your ae.ini file, add it anywhere).

As mentioned above, not all ASIN's are common between amazon.com and the non-USA amazon websites. So be aware that if the ASIN from amazon.com does not exist on the non-USA amazon website that the user is clicking to, then that amazon website will show its "requested url not found" page. That's why we added the keyword search linking.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Small town Napanee, ON. High tech High Speed Hook up though!
    OK - Asin Searches Explained Well - Thanks!
    Ok thanks David.
    I will leave all as is as a test to see if sales still convert at the same level or higher level at the default search setting. You are right, it will take away "the requested url not found" page that asin product searches show when not found on the other amazons (which happens often as you know) Wouldn't it be nice if they could all line up and be the same asin's around the world.

Small talk about this asin thing - the only problem I can think of for amazon to use the same asins off the top of my head would be dvd formats in Europe for example. If that was the issue, software could be created to automatically convert all requests to the asin's that match the other region dvds. That is something for amazon to work though, and I am not sure if they would even want to bother. If any one else has ideas or knowledge why the asin's can't match up please comment. Someone may be able to use these posts to start writing a script or give amazon web services a leg up.

ASIN's uniquely identify each product. But not every product is available from all of amazon's sites which are located in different countries and can sell different versions of products (such as DVD's).

The solution to the ASIN problem is to do keyword search. That's why we added it to AE

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread