Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activity NOT Recorded Between 8PM and 1AM
    Performics does not record or report any activity that occurs between 8PM and 1AM Eastern Time.

"Today Only" reports reset to zero at 8PM ET (Performics' day ends) and re-start at 1 AM ET the next day (Performics day starts). So a day of a performics affiliate is only 19hrs long.

When the reporting restarts at 1AM, it only reports activity that occurs after 1AM that day. It does not report activity since 8PM, it only reports activity after 1AM.

Sales and leads that are generated between 8PM and 1AM are NOT RECORDED and NOT REPORTED.

Despite numerous requests, Performics declines to make a public statement about this system error.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesx
    Performics does not record or report any activity that occurs between 8PM and 1AM Eastern Time.

"Today Only" reports reset to zero at 8PM ET (Performics' day ends) and re-start at 1 AM ET the next day (Performics day starts). So a day of a performics affiliate is only 19hrs long.

When the reporting restarts at 1AM, it only reports activity that occurs after 1AM that day. It does not report activity since 8PM, it only reports activity after 1AM.

Sales and leads that are generated between 8PM and 1AM are NOT RECORDED and NOT REPORTED.

Despite numerous requests, Performics declines to make a public statement about this system error.

SCANDALOUS! Call in the calvery! One more problem to contend with. *sigh*
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I will need to do a test purchase between those times.

I think maybe a few of us should make some test purchases between the times in question. While I realize that you can't generate reports between those hours for "today" I have not been aware of orders not tracking. Are you positive the hours are 8 pm and 1 am EST? Can anyone else commit to make a test purchase? I think we need to have at least 3 - 4 to accurately test this. I would be extremely surprised if sales did not show up but I would be willing to be one tester.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Explanation from Performics
    Dear Affiliates,

Thanks for raising this important question. I understand the confusion and want to take this opportunity to clarify how real-time reports are generated in our system and discuss why ConnectCommerce will present zeroed data at certain times.

Zeroed data will appear for reports generated using the "Today Only" date range during a nightly transfer period. Tracking of clicks and conversions is never interrupted during this period.

The only time you should see zeroes in your daily reports is during a nightly time window when the system starts moving the current day's impressions, clicks and transactions to our historical reporting database. The "Today Only" reports are produced from a transactional table that is updated continuously throughout the day. In order for the current day's data to be displayed in reports spanning multiple days, it must be moved nightly into the historical reporting database. During this time, we must lock the transactional table used to build the current day reports; because the system cannot access the table, we present zeroes in the interface for those reports during the transfer period.

Once the current day data has been moved, it is available in historical reporting using any of the historical date range options in the report control panel. In fact, you can test this for yourself by following these steps:

1. On day 1, run a "today only" report at around 7pm CST, export the report to excel and save it for later.
    2. On the subsequent day, run a report for day 1 only (using the specific date range option).
    3. Compare the two reports; you should see a difference between the number of visits and transactions from the first report to the second.

The impetus for separate reporting repositories for real time and historical data is system performance. By separating these two data sets, we are able to provide you with much more responsive real-time reports as well as historical and trend reports that can display massive volumes of data.

Again, thanks for your feedback and feel free to follow up on this thread if anything I've posted needs clarification. I look forward to your responses.

Warm Regards,

Larry Adams
    Product Manager
    Performics

Larry,

It's good to see someone from Performics posting here. I notice there are still some problems with the reporting interface, several weeks after the update. For example, I can do a search by "Specific Date Range" and it works fine, but if I try to do one by "Timeframe," nothing happens. Actually, I tried it tonight and it worked once or twice but not every time, so it seems to be intermittent. A week or so ago I emailed support, and they sent the usual apology and said it was being worked on. When do you expect it to be functional?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Problems with timeframe reports
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1111
    ...if I try to do one by "Timeframe," nothing happens. Actually, I tried it tonight and it worked once or twice but not every time, so it seems to be intermittent. A week or so ago I emailed support, and they sent the usual apology and said it was being worked on. When do you expect it to be functional?
    The only thing I might suggest is to be sure that after you've selected timeframe on the left hand side of the control panel, that you click on one of the options that appear in the right hand side of the control panel. When the timeframe option on the left side is clicked, there may not be a default selected, which would cause the report request to fail.

If that isn't the problem, let me know what browser you are using and our development team can look into it further. I use the timeframe option all the time and haven't noticed any problems, but it may just be that I'm using a different browser than you.

-larry

I did a test purchase last night and as I suspected, though it did not show last night, it DID show this am. All is well in Performics land

I had honestly never even questioned this, even though I noticed since the last update I could not pull reports after 8 pm. My sales are always higher in the am than the night before, but since someone raised the question, I was happy to do a test purchase

Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    The only thing I might suggest is to be sure that after you've selected timeframe on the left hand side of the control panel, that you click on one of the options that appear in the right hand side of the control panel. When the timeframe option on the left side is clicked, there may not be a default selected, which would cause the report request to fail.

If that isn't the problem, let me know what browser you are using and our development team can look into it further. I use the timeframe option all the time and haven't noticed any problems, but it may just be that I'm using a different browser than you.

-larry
    I have been clicking one of the options on the left, and it doesn't work. Tried it this morning with Firefox and IE (Win2K), and still no good. With FF, I get the hourglass, and then nothing happens. With IE, I get a "The page cannot be displayed" error for a Yesterday report, but it works OK for Month to Date. If I use the Back button and then try Yesterday again, it still gives me Month to Date. (Once it gave me Last Full Month). Also, I sometimes get a blank alert box when I click Generate Report.

Anyone else notice this?

not to be a party pooper, but the reports all work for me.

'Cause you're the mommy, huh?

What browser and OS are you using?

Incidentally, Larry, is it possible through the new interface to find out the time that transactions occurred/were posted? Some other networks give this info, and it's useful to have.

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Did a test purchase between those times and it tracked.

Larry, did you guys stop sending out the Promotions newsletter? I remember awhile back a monthly one and nothing for sometime and the Hot Promotions section has been getting on the skimpy side lately. Thanks.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Email Newsletter
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Did a test purchase between those times and it tracked.

Larry, did you guys stop sending out the Promotions newsletter? I remember awhile back a monthly one and nothing for sometime and the Hot Promotions section has been getting on the skimpy side lately. Thanks.
    We did send out the newsletter last week, I believe it was Friday. All newsletters from Performics will come from the email.performics.com domain. Please make sure that the domain is in your trusted senders list so that we aren't getting trapped in your spam filter.

I'll pass along the note about the hot promotions. Our merchants are gearing up for the holidays so I'm sure there will be some fresh content there soon.

-larry

Incidentally, Larry, is it possible through the new interface to find out the time that transactions occurred/were posted? Some other networks give this info, and it's useful to have.
    Larry, did you miss this?

Affiliate Network Rep
    oops
    Larry, did you miss this?

Must have. We do have the information, but it isn't included in any reports right now. If you think it is valuable, I can make a feature request to have it added to the activity detail report.

-larry

[QUOTE=mark1111]'Cause you're the mommy, huh? [QUOTE]
    No, because they like me. I am using Windows ME and IE ( is there another browser?)

yes and the time would be wonderful on transactions

Yes, that would be great, thanks.

Are you sure there are no issues with the interface? If I try the Timeframe selections, in Firefox I get nothing, and in IE I get "Page not found." Specific Date Range seems to work OK. I didn't have any problem with either browser or any type of report before the change.

I am using Windows ME and IE ( is there another browser?)
    Once you try the tabbed browsing and popup blocker in Firefox, you'll never go back.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Yes, that would be great, thanks.

Are you sure there are no issues with the interface? If I try the Timeframe selections, in Firefox I get nothing, and in IE I get "Page not found." Specific Date Range seems to work OK. I didn't have any problem with either browser or any type of report before the change.
    I'm really at a loss, can you send me the version number of IE that you are using (do Help>About in IE). Is it possible that a software application is interfering with your use of JavaScript? If you get me the browser version number, I'll send it over to engineering and they can try to replicate the problem. But you are the only one I've heard of thus far with the problem you describe.

-larry

Hey Larry
    I sent u a PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Also, a little bug:

When i do Activity Detail for the month or day it'll show the transactions sorted by date starting at 9-01 from the top. I like to see them grouped by merchant and click Advertiser Name which would do that. After the last upgrade it doesn't.

Also, i don't do products but a lot of affiliates do. If you ever wanted a little of CJ's action, that would be something to look into. Making getting product links as simple as possible.

When i do Activity Detail for the month or day it'll show the transactions sorted by date starting at 9-01 from the top. I like to see them grouped by merchant and click Advertiser Name which would do that. After the last upgrade it doesn't.
    Right, same here. (As a workaround, you can export it into Excel and do it there.)

Larry, I tried to send you a PM, but I get a message saying I don't have enough posts use the PM system (apparently a kind of spam protection). My version of IE is 3.0.4 (just kidding). It's actually 6.0.2800.1106. My version of FF is 1.0.5.

Thanks.

Daily 5 hour blackout.
    Is it only me, or does anyone else find it problematic to not be able to review current data between 8PM ESTand 1AM EST every single day?

For my friends on the west coast, the blackout is from 5 pm to 10 pm. For those people with day jobs, who are also affiliates this is very inconvenient. Certainly defeats the purpose of having real time data.

Is there anyway performics can move the black out to 12:00 am to 5:00 am EST. that would be less disruptive in the whole USA. I understand that it impacts other parts of the world differently, but I am guessing that the majority of affiliates are in the US. I have a deep suspicion that the current blackout time exists for the convenience of 1 or 2 people resulting in inconvenience for hundreds of affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, i don't like it either. I liked the way they had it a few upgrades ago, where right after logging in you can see your transactions for the day (updating in real time) in the Publisher Quick View and now you have to take extra steps.

Larry, I tried to send you a PM, but I get a message saying I don't have enough posts use the PM system (apparently a kind of spam protection). My version of IE is 3.0.4 (just kidding). It's actually 6.0.2800.1106. My version of FF is 1.0.5.
    Larry, did you see this (and the other two messages above)?

Thanks.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Multiple responses
    Larry, did you see this (and the other two messages above)?

Thanks.

Mark,

I'm sending your browser information to our QA team. They haven't found anything yet, but I'll let you know if they do. What type of report were you trying to run?

I'm talking to engineering about modifying the nightly transfer schedule. Should have more on that in the next week or so. It is a pretty critical process so we can't just flip a switch without some major testing.

Finally, I've heard from a lot of folks that they'd like real time data back on the home page. We are planning a lot of improvements to the home page and putting real time data back in there is high on the list.

If anyone out there has other feature requests, please post them to a new thread that I'm starting. Let me know what kind of changes you'd like to see in the application. We are working on development plans for next year and it would be great to have some feedback from people who use the application on a day to day basis.

-larry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast