Delta
    Is Delta going to pay what they owe affiliates? They might be going into bankruptcy this week. They still haven't paid anything from May-August. I feel a rip off coming...

If they do file bankruptcy, it'll be up to the bankruptcy court who gets what. Typically, the court takes several years and creditors (which is what we are as affiliates) only get pennies on the dollar.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I was talking to an airline employee last week and he said the airlines hate to file, but it works out for them in the end as they basically get to start fresh. Not sure if that is all true, but may explain how they keep going and going like this.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Cool Just booked Northwest
    I have to use my NorthWest miles. Off to Seattle 9/29. Party in Victoria 10/1.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/13/bu...gewanted=print

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    s Delta going to pay what they owe affiliates? They might be going into bankruptcy this week.
    If they go bankrupt then the likelyhood is that you will not get paid, unless that is, they set up a special fund to cover those bills. You might want to check with the AM, however they are very unlikly to have the details or even be able (legally) to discuss them

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

[B]I dropped them a long time ago, when theyand other airlines were always beeging congress for more money.When they all drop half filled planes, and meals,they will earn like southwest airlines does.
    Just an opinion.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

Too bad they couldn't have done it a couple of months from now. i would have received most of my money then. Oh well...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They and National Airlines filed Chapter 11 today. LS should have made them escrow commissions months ago.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

im glad i didnt opt into the delta miles plan with my debit card

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Bend over and say AHHHHHHHHHHH

Its like that scene in Deliverance......can anyone say SUET??

Unless LinkShare has the escrow.....aint you or your buddys gettin the dough.

Sheeee I shoulda got an edumacation and became something rather than this affiliate roulette crap.....I spin the campaign and never know if I am gonna get paid...that is no way to live......

Speaking of which they are filming a new movie in New York.....A remake from the 80's called "Messers Millions" which apparantly AbestRon has a cameo.....look out for it on betamax soon.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    I have to use my NorthWest miles. Off to Seattle 9/29. Party in Victoria 10/1.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/13/bu...gewanted=print
    I'm jealous - I love Seattle and Victoria!

Is there an official statement from LS re. Delta commissions?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All-
    We understand that there is confusion and uncertainty about the impact of Delta's bankruptcy filing. While we are not providing legal advice, we want to help provide some general information. Please contact your own attorney to determine how the Delta bankruptcy will affect you since LinkShare is not your agent or your representative in connection with Delta's bankruptcy.

That being said, here is some general information to consider.

Each affiliate has a separate agreement with Delta - the terms and conditions that you agreed to when joining the Delta program. As part of the bankruptcy process, Delta will have the opportunity to assume or reject each of its contracts, including its agreement with LinkShare and its agreements with each of its affiliates. If a contract is rejected, the party will have the right to submit an unsecured claim for the amount owed to that party as of the date of Delta's bankruptcy filing (a "pre-petition" claim). Affiliates must submit their own claims. The amount of the pre-petition claim that the affiliate will ultimately receive depends on the reorganization plan approved by the Bankruptcy Court. It could be nothing, and even if anything is paid out to the unsecured claims, it could take months or even years.

LinkShare will have an unsecured claim just like all of the affiliates and every other trade creditor with unsecured claims against Delta. LinkShare could not have pre-collected commissions or had commissions put into escrow and then used them to pay out commissions to affiliates. Those amounts would be treated as assets of Delta and would be recovered by Delta for distribution to creditors generally or for other uses in connection with its reorganization. Also, payments of any sort during the 3 months before the bankruptcy filing date could possibly be treated as "preference" payments, which would be recoverable by Delta.

If Delta elects to continue running an affiliate marketing program with LinkShare after the date of filing ("post-petition"), then it must comply with the terms of the agreement with LinkShare and with its terms and conditions with each participating affiliate, including payment of commissions earned post-petition.

I hope this helps shed some light on the situation. As we know more or anything changes regarding Delta's go forward participation in the LinkShare Network, I will communicate what I can.

Kelli

Delta
    If Delta elects to continue running an affiliate marketing program with LinkShare after the date of filing ("post-petition"), then it must comply with the terms of the agreement with LinkShare and with its terms and conditions with each participating affiliate, including payment of commissions earned post-petition.
    Wait a second... They can still be a Linkshare affiliate if they pay commissions earned post-petition, but what about if they don't pay any commissions earned pre-bankruptcy (which they most likely won't)? You are still going to do business with them if they use bankruptcy to wipe the slate clean for the commissions they currently owe to us Linkshare affiliates? That's just wrong...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread