Datafeed Upload Suggestion
    It'd be good to be able to upload datafeeds to SaS directly through the merchant's account (as opposed to sending it via e-mail and then waiting for a confirmation of the successful upload). After all, when the rules are fairly rigid (as to how the feed should look, what fields are compulsory and what fields are not, etc, etc), it should be possible to set a up a system like this. It'll take quite a load off of SaS staff's shoulders too. E-mailing datafeeds back and forth is good when there are questions and issues to work on. However, when everything is good and fitting the rules (feed specifications), automatic uploading would be extremely helpful. At least for us at RL.

Geno

I agree Geno...from the affiliate's perspective. Anything that speeds up the process for affiliates having updated information is fine by me...plus it'd reduce SAS manhours needed.

Affiliate Manager
    Geno,

I also agree, maybe a merchant's first datafeed should be manually submitted, then shareasale can verify the merchant's format, etc. and ensure it is correct.

Then, after that, it would be awesome if we could update the feed in an automated fashion.
    Shawn - Nature Hills Nursery, Inc.
    Contact Info: aol im: sms10221975 | shawn"at"naturehills.com | icq: 106-663-985
    Join the Nature Hills affiliate program now | Earn 15% per sale | 365-day Cookie

Quote Originally Posted by affaction shawn
    Then, after that, it would be awesome if we could update the feed in an automated fashion.
    ...AND (upon uploading) the system could either say: "upload successful" or "unsuccessful (errors on lines: ...)"

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yes direct loading with field matching would be a huge help, been asking for this for a while, the new version of My Irish Jeweler was designed so that as soon as this happens we can export direct from site to SAS in a flash... Meaning no more data format changes and no more partners wanting to give me beating for the data changing

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread