New Tool from Microsoft
    Thought a lot of you might find this usefull.
    http://www.microsoft.com/max

Basically it helps you share your pictures etc.

You will need Microsoft Service Pack 2 and a Microsoft Passeport account to run MAX(the name of the software), and a good computer though.

If you are like me and hate service pack 2, Picasa is a good alternative, without the 3d cool visual interface.
    "Effective people are not problem-minded; they're opportunity minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems."

Quote Originally Posted by sendmemybill
    You will need Microsoft Service Pack 2 and a Microsoft Passeport account to run MAX(the name of the software), and a good computer though.

If you are like me and hate service pack 2, Picasa is a good alternative, without the 3d cool visual interface.
    Why do you hate SP2? Do you dislike the added security?

No I hate Microsoft. But for the service pack 2 part, I don't like what has been added to the operating system. wannabe Pop-up blocker, wannabe firewall. It all annoy me very very alot. I have the same clean and secure system since 3 years and a half now, so service pack 2 is useless and annoying for me.

I don't want to start a geek war lol but that's my opinions based on my personnal experiences. Anyway, the software we talk in this thread seems to be cool to use.
    "Effective people are not problem-minded; they're opportunity minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems."

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    Looks very interesting...I heard they were going to roll something like this out a while back...
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

Yeah Looks Interesting...

Thanks HardwareGeek for that Link..
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

Quote Originally Posted by sendmemybill
    No I hate Microsoft. But for the service pack 2 part, I don't like what has been added to the operating system. wannabe Pop-up blocker, wannabe firewall. It all annoy me very very alot. I have the same clean and secure system since 3 years and a half now, so service pack 2 is useless and annoying for me.

I don't want to start a geek war lol but that's my opinions based on my personnal experiences. Anyway, the software we talk in this thread seems to be cool to use.
    I guess you won't like IE 7 either or Windows Vista.
    Well you might Like Windows Vista Basic there are going to be 7 versions

Of course they don't support Apple. Too bad though because they're excluding a huge audience of photography professionals. Right now my top choice for photo uploads is www.flickr.com which is the best Tag based photo site online for the time being.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Yes you are right HardwareGeek, I tried Windows Vista beta 1, first thing I tried is Internet Explorer 7, 5 minutes later I was browsing with Firefox :P and I was so lost with their new files explorer, organizing folders and files was a total mess and I hope they will reorganize it a little bit. I readed an article on the 7 different Windows Vista! That's crazy! I think it is the first step of the Bill's new way of thinking.

Recent quote from him:

"Gates:...So Google is not offering development capabilities yet. Of course, I expect they will. But they're not in that game at all today. In fact, they have this slogan that they are going to organize the world's information. Our slogan is that we are going to give people tools to let them organize the world's information. It's a slightly different approach, based on the platformization of all of our capabilities and not thinking of ourselves as the organizer.

So that would be the philosophical difference between Microsoft and what Google is up to at this point?
    Gates: Well, we don't know everything they are up to, but we do know their slogan and we disagree with that."

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread