Outsourced Program Manager
    Assistence desired
    Hello All;

It has been 2 weeks since we launced the NEW and improved My celtic Jewler.com site, (http:www.mycelticjeweler.com) and I would really appreicate some feedback from all you great affiliates out there.

What do you think about the site?, (first impression)
    Is it easy to navigate?
    Is there anything we forgot?

Sometimes, (as I am sure you all know), when you develop a site you miss the little things. So I am sure we did so any and all feedback is appreciated and welcome..
    good and bad.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

I liked the site... my only concern was with the feed... which I am still waiting for...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

The header is butt ugly. Let me say that again - it's BUTT ugly.

Are you the same as myirishjeweler.com? If so, that one is better. If not, take a look.

Why the emphasis on wedding stuff on the index page when you have so many other things? If I wasn't getting married, I would click right out. If you want a wedding site go with what you have - if not put some other stuff on the index page.

Your themed collections are nice - they are Celtic - put them on the index page. I want to see the pictures, not have to hunt for a tiny link on the side to see the cool things and variety you have. Same with the Celtic jewelry.

On the family crest rings - they are very expensive. I am into genealogy and can tell you that I want to SEE the family crests before I add it to my basket. I know what mine looks like and don't want to take your word for it that you have the right one.

Sorry, you asked. I don't like it.
    Ebudae

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Joe the feed is on SAS already, or should be it was sent two weeks ago???

Let me know if it ain't there.

Ebudae . Excellent point on the product focus! You really prefer the old header? Really really?

Thanks

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Suggestions
    As Chris said,

The feed is up let me know if you can't access it please!

Thanks for the useful comments. We will look into adding more non-wedding stuff on the index page. I agree with ya!

This comment is worth looking into.

"On the family crest rings - they are very expensive. I am into genealogy and can tell you that I want to SEE the family crests before I add it to my basket. I know what mine looks like and don't want to take your word for it that you have the right one"

I am sure we can't show it online but what I think what we need to do is have those interested in the family crests send the info to us then we can research it and then add a link to the shopping page on the reply email

Do you think that will help?

Once again, thanks and keep them comming. I assure you I want to hear it all.

Richard
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; September 14th, 2005 at 09:03 AM. Reason: typo fixed
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Okay, so I'm a girl. I went straight in and checked out the rings (love 'em), but there's no ring sizer!

If a consumer gets to the point of order, but doesn't know their size, they'll likely go to another jewelry site to get a ring sizer. By that point, they'll be in-market and you'll have referred some nice, targeted traffic to a competitor...such as:

http://www.ice.com/content/ring_sizer.html?tofs=pull

(Shmuly, if you see that, thanks man!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO

Ebudae . Excellent point on the product focus! You really prefer the old header? Really really?
    I love the music on the other header - it's like: ahh, now that's nice. I'm in Ireland... Soft, not too loud - just enough to be pleasant. And I love the Irish scene - very nice.

If you love Ireland, you will know what I mean. It's just that header that makes me want to stay and take a look around.

The one you have now is cheap looking - like something from a 90's homepage.
    Ebudae

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO
    As Chris said,

"On the family crest rings - they are very expensive. I am into genealogy and can tell you that I want to SEE the family crests before I add it to my basket. I know what mine looks like and don't want to take your word for it that you have the right one"

I am sure we can't show it online but what I think what we need to do is have those interested in the family crests send the info to us then we can research it and then add a link to the shopping page on the reply email

Do you think that will help?
    No. Beacuse you HAVE to show them. If you make them wait - a sale will be lost. It is the thrill of the moment, of finding YOUR crest, that makes that sale.

Many of the other places show theirs - and the ones that didn't? I didn't buy.

You could put them into a searchable database and let the crest come up in the search. You NEED to show it!!
    Ebudae

I agree with Ebudae and The Tangster ... one thing though the jewelry sliding to the right in the header is really cheasy.

I saw you claim 50,000 crests ... you definately have to allow for a db search ... it's a sales tool as Ebudae says.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Maybe its just me... but the USD before every price seems a little odd.

It might merchandise better if you had, say:
    Sells For Up To: $XXX.XX
    Online Special: $XXX.XX

Also, maybe it was just a couple of the products I was looking at, but the pictures of the items in question are kinda small. Especially when buying jewelery, I'd think customers would be more inclined to buy if they could see more details in a larger picture.

Other than those little stickler things, I think its a pretty nice site.

Dave

suggestions
    Hi all;

Great suggestions, keep them coming!!

Only with help can we make this the best Irish site onlne and one that you all will be pround to represent.

The idea about a searchable data base for Crests is 1 ! and one that I will get pushed.

Ebudae;Did you really like the music??

PS;

I have never been to Ireland BUT I do love Irish Music,
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Thanks Joe got your PM and we'll get that sorted for you.

Yes, very much so.
    Ebudae

Hi all;

Great suggestions, keep them coming!!

Only with help can we make this the best Irish site onlne and one that you all will be pround to represent.

The idea about a searchable data base for Crests is 1 ! and one that I will get pushed.

PS;

I have never been to Ireland BUT I do love Irish Music,
    If you ever went there,you would find the people very trustworhty,friendly, and even more beatiful than the island itself.Which is why I have so many Irish,and celtic ads on my sites.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

Irish lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Thanks Joe got your PM and we'll get that sorted for you.
    I trust Chris, but the other Irish Elagance shop,seems to lose all of my sales.I sent them a post, no answer,and plenty of traffic.What's up?

What do you think about the site?, (first impression)
    Beautiful and serious-looking. I'd shop here.

Is it easy to navigate?
    Yes, it is.

Is there anything we forgot?
    I personally think the grading on the topbar2.jpg could've been better... Here (see the pixels around "Shopping Basket", "Education" and "Wish List"?):

Otherwise, everything is beautiful.

Good luck, colleague!

Geno

My Celtic
    Thanks for the kind words.

We have brought back the old style data feed, so if that's the one you would like , let me know.

We are changing the top bar, adding a few more items ot the index page (so it is not so heavy on wedding) and looking into the data base for the crests.

Anything else Guys??

Still 8 days to generate that first sale to receive double commissions!! Not to late.

Richard
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Ring sizes
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    Okay, so I'm a girl. I went straight in and checked out the rings (love 'em), but there's no ring sizer!

If a consumer gets to the point of order, but doesn't know their size, they'll likely go to another jewelry site to get a ring sizer. By that point, they'll be in-market and you'll have referred some nice, targeted traffic to a competitor...such as:

http://www.ice.com/content/ring_sizer.html?tofs=pull

(Shmuly, if you see that, thanks man!)
    I have a Claddaugh ring that is over 35 years old, when I lost a little weight, a local jeweler gave me a ring guard thats adjustable for $2.50. It isn't easy for people to know the exact size, as conditions like heat or cold may change them.

Just a tip.
    JJ

Nice Site
    Your site looks way better than mine. Once I get some new product lines in place maybe I can re-construct my site to look as good as yours.

Cheers,
    Richard
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Irish Crests and music
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebudae
    I love the music on the other header - it's like: ahh, now that's nice. I'm in Ireland... Soft, not too loud - just enough to be pleasant. And I love the Irish scene - very nice.

If you love Ireland, you will know what I mean. It's just that header that makes me want to stay and take a look around.

The one you have now is cheap looking - like something from a 90's homepage.
    The irish heraldry office provides not only a lot of crests, but they will help you trace the part of the country your family came from.I found my family, my wifes, and my mother's the Baileys from Howth.you also get the meaning of each part of the crest.Irish music has been played, and is popular in many parts of the world.When the exiles came here, they brought their music, for many it was all they had, and it grew into country music.Since artists,visual and performing don't pay taxes, i think everyone I ever met, was one or the other.Also, they can use the same tune, and add their own lyrics, no ASCAP rules their.It's always a great mix, lively, and sad, if you know the meaning of each.
    Just added my 2 cents to what a great lady just posted.
    JJ

Richard,

Thanks, we are doing our best. Maybe we can do a site together. Celtic watches.com

We will be adding more products and if I have my way loads of information on rings and things.

Any other ideas guys?

Richard
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Explosions
    Richard,

Thanks, we are doing our best. Maybe we can do a site together. Celtic watches.com

We will be adding more products and if I have my way loads of information on rings and things.

Any other ideas guys?

Richard
    Richard, I read that for a second time there were terrorists explosions in your area, as well as that terrible earthquake, and flooding.I think it was called tsunmi (Sorry I don't know how to spell unusual
    words)
    I am hoping that all you guys and gals are safe.It has been an outbreak of the evil of terror continueing ever since we started wasting billions to save people that could have worked out there differeces themselves, like we did here many times.Keep the faith.
    JJ

An option to list all items on one page instead of many pages.

BWC; Are you saying to list ALL the products we carry on one page? Much easier to list them on pages under categories as we do.

Jersey. Well here in Thailand we have not yet had any attacks but... The bombs were in bali. Bascially Bali is a Hindu island in a Moslem country that is much more westernized than the other parts of the country and because of that has an higher income and much of it is from tourism.

Someday we will all learn to live in peace.
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Crest rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebudae
    The header is butt ugly. Let me say that again - it's BUTT ugly.

Are you the same as myirishjeweler.com? If so, that one is better. If not, take a look.

Why the emphasis on wedding stuff on the index page when you have so many other things? If I wasn't getting married, I would click right out. If you want a wedding site go with what you have - if not put some other stuff on the index page.

Your themed collections are nice - they are Celtic - put them on the index page. I want to see the pictures, not have to hunt for a tiny link on the side to see the cool things and variety you have. Same with the Celtic jewelry.

On the family crest rings - they are very expensive. I am into genealogy and can tell you that I want to SEE the family crests before I add it to my basket. I know what mine looks like and don't want to take your word for it that you have the right one.

Sorry, you asked. I don't like it.
    I know many folks from Ireland, but I never knew one with a crest ring, the crests were alwyas hung on a wall,i have several t-shirts sent to me, with the banner od Ulster,and the family reunions.The Bailey crests I sent my mom, were beauriful,flowers,butterflies, since they were mainly in Howth, in County Dublin, the correct spelling in Irish is Baile' meaning Home.
    JJ

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread