Helpless and Hopeless
    google hates affiliate sites, norton hates affiliate links, cj hates its own affiliates because of which it remains down most of the time(guess cj does not want to see affiliates in its members area)...well all this and other factors makes me feel that we affiliates are a bunch of helpless and hopeless people who just cant do anything about this..

we help others make money, we help google malke money(ppc), we help merchants make money, we help networks make money, we help haiko make money by patronising his forum (lol.. haiko plz dont take this seriously, just a joke), we help just about evrybody who is associated with affiliate marketing and what do we get for our hard work just a few dollars and now even that looks a difficult scene...

I wonder what would happen if all affiliates would stop all activities for 1 month! Google PPC profit chart going down, CJ dead, Abestweb forum... no change lol, cause talking don't give us money or traffic.
    "Effective people are not problem-minded; they're opportunity minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems."

Hi folks, hey things are different for sure, but there are still plenty of opportunities...find something that you are good at, and you will make at it, ie;
    Good at photography? There are plenty of photo sites that will pay for your best pics -
    Good at site design? Build some sites, sell them on ebay for profit, chances are that will open new doors for you.
    Good at writing? Do some copywriting for others...plenty of buyers of content online.
    Suck at everything but whining? Start a blog, complain away and throw some adsense up on it...you'll make money, remember, misery loves company.
    Bottom line...if you are not making money now, do a complete 180, expand your horizons and watch all the new doors open for you. Guaranteed.
    "The character of a man is known from his conversations."
    Menander (342 BC - 292 BC)

couldn't figure out how to edit a post but this should read;

find something that you are good at, and you will make MONEY at it, ie;
    "The character of a man is known from his conversations."
    Menander (342 BC - 292 BC)

affiliate marketing is like sandpaper: rough all over

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    From reading a lot of the posts here - and especially in the CJ forum - it looks like a lot of people have hit hard times...I assure you that there are plenty of people making a lot of money right now...Even in CJ...

Find your niche and a good solid angle and you'll get there. But as many will tell you in here, it'll take time, and lots of work. Plus, don't expect to get it right first time...Even time 4 or 5 is pretty good going...
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    It's not hopeless at all, there are so many opportunities out there online.
    Diversify sites, different niches, content if need be, indies, networks, and adsense, there are endless ways out there, just be creative..
    Sometimes you do need to take a step back and re-organize but the end result is that the internet is still the wild west in a lot of ways, and tons of money to still be made online..

ABW Ambassador
    Attitude goes a long way into how you do at this. A helpless and hopeless one won't get you anywhere. Just remember every business has it's issues and problems, affiliate marketing does, but even so there are plenty of affiliates making good money. Don't ever grab the crutch some people hand out that you can't make money because of these problems.

ok so the verdict is in favour of affiliate marketing......

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ( EC rubs his hands together greedily, anticipating the Xmas shopping season, as it starts to blossom )

If all yous affiliate marketers want to take the next 4 moths off, I'd be deeply grateful!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    ( EC rubs his hands together greedily, anticipating the Xmas shopping season, as it starts to blossom )

If all yous affiliate marketers want to take the next 4 months off, I'd be deeply grateful!
    Ditto!

Except for the ones pushing my bulbs. They can stay on
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Things have certainly changed in the last few years. I remember when you could just create lots of pages with products on them, wait a month or two for google to pick them up, and watch the money come in. It was only a matter of time before the search engines would lower the boom on this.

Now one must create quality content of some type to make people want to visit and revisit ones site.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Every type of business career has a learning curve plus several points on the timeline when you just want to throw up your hands and quit. The web is really just a small village with a billion people living in it. Affiliate marketing is not much different than being a small business owner in any American town. (Forgive me, International Friends, I just don't know enough about business outside the US to spout off)

Small business owners, especially retailers, can have a rough go of it sometimes. Shopping trends come and go. Venders disappear and customers sometimes steal or write bad checks. It's part of the game. Office cubes are not the only hell on earth. If you're an affiliate marketer, it should be because you want to be a business owner. There are headaches and there are rewards.

Well , your absolutely right! Affiliate MArketing has many of problems as discussed in this thread. EVery other day I say "I Quit" This is comming from a person that for a short time was making in the high 4 digits, now I am making the middle 3 digits just enough to pay my expensive host period.. Good thing I didn't buy a car or a house!! AM has no secuirty for affiliates, so even if you make 10,000 per month for a year chance are the next year you will make a couple of pennies. SO you better have a secondary plan of investment.

However the one thing that keeps me moving is simple math. "If i could just make $5.00 a day off each merchant (500) , I could make 1500 a day." ...the affiliate dream

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    You might consider playing both sides of the fence. Why not start up a small merchant site? Find a niche for a locally manufactured product, spend a couple hundred bucks getting the program going at shareasale, and start selling through other affiliates. In addition to 30 affiliate sites, I own one merchant site where affiliates have sold thousands of dollars worth of tarps for me - sales I probably would not have gotten without their help.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

well elbowcreek if you talking about dropshipping then theres too much price competiton in that...one product and 10 diffrent prices...

ElbowCreek Is talking about buying products straight from the lOCAL manufactuers, not drop shipping

well netnow22...buying from local manufacturers calls for investment in inventory..does not sound like a good bet...

If you want to own and run a business, you have to be prepared to do the things that owning and running a business require. That means risk, product development, new ideas, etc. Affiliate marketing has reached the stage where you can no longer just stick a banner up on a goofy site and expect a check.

I don't know of many businesses where you don't have to start fresh everyday or slide backwards. My previous career was in the mortgage banking business before there was a broker on every block. We still had to face each new month knowing we were only as good as our last deal. It's just a fact of life.

We're here because we prefer to roll the dice, knowing that our smarts and our attitude is what we have to work with and the timeclock isn't hanging near our cube. If you can't handle risk and the tough decisions that go with being self-employed, then you have to trade the nightmare of the office for the security of the payroll department.

i agree with all of you...my intention was not to tell evrybody to stop afiliate marketing but it was to generally disucss how thigs have become tough here...and i belive when the going gets tough the tough gets going..so i am sure all of us will overcome this bad phase ...

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    If you want to own and run a business, you have to be prepared to do the things that owning and running a business require. That means risk, product development, new ideas, etc. Affiliate marketing has reached the stage where you can no longer just stick a banner up on a goofy site and expect a check.

I don't know of many businesses where you don't have to start fresh everyday or slide backwards. My previous career was in the mortgage banking business before there was a broker on every block. We still had to face each new month knowing we were only as good as our last deal. It's just a fact of life.

We're here because we prefer to roll the dice, knowing that our smarts and our attitude is what we have to work with and the timeclock isn't hanging near our cube. If you can't handle risk and the tough decisions that go with being self-employed, then you have to trade the nightmare of the office for the security of the payroll department.

Well said!!! I'll second thise remarks...

ID2K: buying from local manufacturers calls for investment in inventory..does not sound like a good bet...
    sounds, to me like you need to stick to your day job!!
    and let those of us who are willing to take risks enjoy the rewards...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

No pain...no gain...

No risk...no reward...

etc. etc.

It's all true...There's no quick and easy way to success...If only there was.
    James D. Nardell

It's harsh but fair to say that if you're not making money through affiliate marketing you only have one person to blame...

Opportunities abound right now. Seek and ye shall find.
    James D. Nardell

Online business is here to stay for good, it's up to us to make & get the best out of it.
    As jmoore61103 correctly stated, this is a business and should be treated as such, no matter full time business or add on to the regular pay check.
    Affiliate marketing is too important for online commerce to be ignored by whoever pulls the online strings. This may not be that obvious right now, but it will become - from both the merchants and the SEs point of interest. We are here to stay, and it's up to us to make it work. The crap is slowly being discarded (see Mike's 15,000 or so posts on what I mean by crap), and it will leave the the ones who do it right - us!

I'm willing to work for my business, I enjoy this, and I look forward to an even better time of good work and good returns.
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

ok guys got it i need to keep working harder and as some of you said theres no short cut to hard work....well i take all those post as motvation and encouragment to work harder and i thank all you guys for your feedback/suggestion...this is what makes abw a gr8 place to be at...the folks here are really amazing and sporting.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread