Coldwater Creek - any affiliates here?
    Ok so i've finally got all my sites 95-100% automated so i've finally got time to go back to my first aff. site, women's shopping .

So... Coldwater Creek, I know they once had a forum here but no longer. How many of you are affiliates of Coldwater Creek and do any of you know how to get the datafeed (other than the linkshare merchandiser program)?

Oh and (probably the most important question here).... do they still have an Affiliate Program? Their site shows Linkshare but I remember hearing something about them dropping that (although this was a LONG time ago... 1year+)

Are they any good with their affiliate program?
    InternetRetailer shows them as them being in the top 10 retailers in terms of visitors-to-sales (conversion rate).
    Opinions please

They swept through their affiliate list some time ago and wiped off everyone who wasn't producing big numbers for them and probably some who were. At the time, someone suggested making links to Coldwater Creek merchandise through Amazon and making more money.

They also removed every coupon and bargain site.

Part of the problem was that their margins varied tremendously (very high margins on most items, low or negative margins on clearance items), yet they regularly put out coupons for 50% off any order. Those were fine on normal items, but caused big losses on clearance items. And of course coupon and bargain sites are going to promote coupons and clearance items, so it was a losing proposition.

I suggested changes to the coupons and commission structures that would have reversed the situation, but they just didn't get it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

That makes a lot of sense. I notice they really like magazine print ads, too, and for their line that might be a good way to go. Michael, your suggestions were probably lost in the shuffle of a typical Corporate conversation. No one wants to stick their neck out and risk being wrong. Their loss.

ABW Ambassador
    I was removed too awhile back when the did all that and i don't quite remember how but i'm back in the program, i think they have a new AM too. So far haven't sent them much traffic but this month 88 click 8 sales for about 88 bucks so making $1 a click. Had some big orders roll thru. And they have coupons available too.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread