I hate it when
    I hate it when my non-commissionable sales is higher than my commissionable sales...aarrggghhh

Doesn't happen too often but so far this month SUCKS!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

A sale what's that?

I'm just a newbie at this.......but. what's a non-commisionable sale. Gawd that's a huge word. words. It must suck to not have that!
    Just conjuring up the fingerlingunist to type that nc-word out must be painful.
    do tell.
    sodium.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Na20
    the fingerlingunist
    That's what it says on the Massage Parlor Attendant (Rub and Tugs) business card........

Oh yeah.....

I hate it when I stub my toe.

non-commissionable sales are sales that occur after your cookie has expired.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

a dubious distinction, but at least LS does report them.

(doesn't make it feel any better, though)

"suzigeek: non-commissionable sales are sales that occur after your cookie has expired. "

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    a dubious distinction, but at least LS does report them.

(doesn't make it feel any better, though)
    I didn't know that, I have to check it out... Maybe I didn't earn something.

Let me guess... could these non-commissionables possibly be from Walmart?!! I get many of those but it's not surprizing considering their ridiculous cookie.

Many of the large national retail stores have cookies of a day or less as their affiliate model is to get people into their stores. That is the case with Walmart and Home Depot.

We keep our prices low to be competitive and therefore our gross profit margins are low. We only offer a 5% commission as we are selling for free if we raise that much more. We pay several percent to the network, similar to our merchant account (credit card transactions, PayPal, etc.). We then lose some to shipping and of course have to pay our people, cover inventory, warehousing.

Since we weren't able to give a big commission it is made up in two ways. One is that our average sales is high and secondly we extended our cookie to allow affiliates to get credit for return visitors.

If you have a loyalty site, coupons site, deal site, etc. a good number of visitors return month after month to buy from your site. Last cookie set gets the order. Consider cookies when promoting the big box national programs. I see so many affiliates giving them top placement and wonder how much they loss to non-commissionable sales.

When I first was getting into affiliate marketing I applied to be a walmart affiliate and they turned me down and I never reapplied to them. I really only promote a few merchants heavily on linkshare. They're cookies are anywhere from 7 - 14 and I think one has 30 day cookies.

I usually look for long cookie duration and/or commission percentage....but some merchants really convert so you take your chance w/short cookies.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I have two (only!) non-commissionable sales in LS for a merchant that gives 30-day cookies. Guess I have no reason to complain about that merchant.

but some others . . . grrrrrr . . .

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread