Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question September 2005 Sales
    It is looking like September is my worst month so far this YEAR..

Could it Be:
    CJ (upgrade)
    Hurricane Katrina - Online Aftermath
    ( Combination Of Both? )

Same Traffic
    Same Click Throughs

What Gives?

Anyone else seeing similar so far for Sept Sales..???

Me too -Me too-
    Traffic same - click through same - sales not same - sales suck!!

August was a good month for me though. I thought September would be better. I thought wrong. I have definitely stopped adding any CJ or Linkshare merchants because I feel like I'm working in vain.

So I've added more indies and shareasale -- see how it pans out.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

same here SEPT is sucking bigtime... traffic is down by as much as 70% on some of my sites... sales are the slowest they have this year as wellr.....

but AUG was my best month this summer...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I'm actually doing much better in Sept than I did in August. I love the winter season as I have many merchants that convert well during this time. It's only going to get better over the next couple months!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Last year at this time I had earned $440 in commissions. All three networks haven't produced $15.00 in commissions this Sept. Bigger Theftware problems this year as the rogue CPA networks stuff or force click cookies via BHO's and the # of BHO's tripled. The forcedclick/cookie stuffers whack our cookies with billions of monthly popups&unders
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

http and a telephoto
    My money is on Katrina. Gas prices are up, people are scared to spend. September sales are down for my sites across the board. Hoping people will get over it in a couple of weeks, gas prices will stabilize and holiday shopping will kick in.

Can't get mad at folks for being worried, and for sending money to hurricane relief efforts instead of spending it at my sites.....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I had my best month in August but this month is sucking wind so far. My take is that many have donated their extra funds for hurricane relief and don't have the money to buy much.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Last year at this time I had earned $440 in commissions. All three networks haven't produced $15.00 in commissions this Sept. Bigger Theftware problems this year as the rogue CPA networks stuff or force click cookies via BHO's and the # of BHO's tripled. The forcedclick/cookie stuffers whack our cookies with billions of monthly popups&unders
    Mike,

Personally I think the problem you're having is due to your design. Your site looks so outdated I'm surprised anybody will take it seriously. GoldenCan won't bring your customers back alone. I think you just need a complete redesign and site overhaul. Start from scratch and go with something completely new and unique. Take some cues from sites like Bizrate, Pricegrabber, DealCatcher, FatWallet, etc. These are sites people use for purchases. You might even want to start with a blog considering the types of promotions you push. Good luck!

- Scott

September sales, at CJ at least, are off to a great start with daily totals being above average compared to the last two months. For me, this is an indication that the summer slow down is finally over.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I hope that people have contributed to Katrina cause and that's why sales are down as opposed tto the networks not tracking properly.

It just bites not knowing the real cause.

Snib your too cheerful for this thread! Go be happy somewhere else!!

j/k

Glad your doing well
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    This month has gone pretty well from my/our end...Sales are looking good.

I'm of the opinion that high gas prices could well be a good thing for us all as it gives people added incentive to buy through the net rather than jump in their cars/SUVs. This is obviously dependant on the high gas prices not significantly increasing the cost of the items being purchased of course...
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    The amount of time I've wasted trying to get log in to CJ is quite a different matter...It's really is not to much to ask to actualy be able to login to your account...Or you wouldn't think so at least. And the topic of them replying to your questions is another thing that will cause my blood pressure to rise to dangerous levels...
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    I hope that people have contributed to Katrina cause and that's why sales are down as opposed tto the networks not tracking properly.

It just bites not knowing the real cause.

Snib your too cheerful for this thread! Go be happy somewhere else!!

j/k

Glad your doing well
    Okay, how about this... Linkshare isn't reporting worth a damn and my sales are diddly squat. Good thing I've got CJ and SaS to pick up the slack!

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    linkshare use to pick up the slack from cj. Now both are really bad even though traffic is up. This is SOOOO depressing.

Hello,

The same situation...
    Employment site:
    SE rankings growing...
    Traffic growing...
    Click through - the same...

Sales in August ~ USD 800 ( CJ and CB)
    Sales in September USD 10 in CJ, USD 26 in CB... ....

No more comments...

Thanks for joining the pity party Snib!

Now your one of us.

Oh wait you still ended on an upbeat...hmmmm that won't work at all....
    Try again Snib.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Internet Cowboy
    I kinda hate to say it, but things are rolling right along in September for me. It indeed looks like the summertime blues are on the way out.
    On a darker note, CJ reporting now officially sucks and Linkshare has for some time.

UncleScooter You've got the hang of it!. You ended on a downbeat!
    Thats how a pity party should be !
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

When you come to a pity party, do you have to bring whine? I kinda like crackers myself.

September has treated me pretty well after having an empty August. I'm finally getting some traffic. I started using blog software for my niche content sites and the natural search has helped the links to my stores. I'm coming up on 18 months of working at this and time and effort really does pay off.

I also have been developing SAS merchants to overshadow the others. I don't know whether they really convert better or if it's just the honest reporting, but whatever it is, it works better.

My customers seem to want to click around on the big name stores at Linkshare, but since I can't get anybody there to ring 'em up for me, I just use the names as pretty wallpaper on my site. I guess that's what those links are for. Not good for anything else. I'm also seeing a little better result with CJ now, when they're up. I can tell from the impressions that it's such a slow response from their servers that my links only work about half the time. Page traffic vs impressions on our highest traffic site show us that almost every day. Sometimes it looks like they only show up about 1/10.

Quote Originally Posted by James - AMWSO
    I'm of the opinion that high gas prices could well be a good thing for us all as it gives people added incentive to buy through the net rather than jump in their cars/SUVs. This is obviously dependant on the high gas prices not significantly increasing the cost of the items being purchased of course...
    This is an interesting topic I think: will high gas prices be a factor in our business? People may defer driving to the mall to save gas (or 'petrol' as they call it in my part of the world) and buy online, which should be good for us. On the other hand shipping cost is likely to increase, which may lead to the reduction of free shipping offers or higher prices to absorb free shipping costs. Big department chains probably hedge on higher oil prices and corresponding lower foreign currencies from they suppliers (i.e. China), so they may be able to sustain their prices despite the oil hike. Most smaller merchants may suffer and may be forced to increase prices, both online and b&m.

To stay on topic, the early part of September was horrible, but it's now picking up to a daily average as it was earlier.

Cheers, Frank
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Though, our affiliate sales up %80 percent compared to same period of September 2004, it's down when compared to last month. Being a gift site, September is usually a slow for us, as people are shopping for school stuff for their kids and other necessities, or donating generously to the Katrina Relief in the case of this year.

After September, it's going to get grazy, I can feel it!

Action Jackson - King of the World
    My sales were already down for September. Then earlier this week my site went down for a day and a half. On top of that I lost everything. So now I have to start all over.

I don't get it. I have had no sales at linkshare since the 12. Even the sales before the 12 were piddly ones.

I have been getting clicks but my sales have disappeared totally!! I usually have sales everyday. I have double checked all my links and they seem to be fine, My traffic and click throughs are all the same.

Suz~~GearGirl~~

September is going to be my best month this year, but then this year is a long way down on last year. I don't depend on AM, I still could if I had to, but I'm glad I don't.

You need to be a Red Queen (Alice Through The Looking Glass) "Running on the spot to stand still". I spent July and August preparing for the Christmas season, tomorrow will be pretty much my last preperation day, other than add some specific products for some merchants that haven't been released yet - the pages are up from last year though awaiting new links and content.

There are things that happen that hurt us all, but there will be those who survive - I fully intend to be a survivor - there is no alternative.

Yes I am working on projects for the future but it is just puzzling after having a pattern for awhile to just blip out like that.

I definetly am not a quitter I usually attain the goals I set out for, so I'm not put off by it (drop in sales) just puzzled.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast