ABW Ambassador
    Question Coupons/Vouchers ---> Idiots Guide to Coupons/Vouchers
    Hello, well although i have broad experience with CPM/CPC, i have limited with CPA/CPL etc campaigns -now getting the touch of it -

a field that i know nothing about is how coupons/vouchers work, where can i find them, how to implement them, what's the actual earnings and how to handle them...practices, case studies etc

any advice and/or guidance to this field will be highly appreciated.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If you are an expert in SEO/SEO, via CPC and CPM payouts, experience isn't necessary. You already know coupons require SERP spamming, PPCSE buys and e-mail spamming. You'll have stiff competition with cookie stuffers and the force click BHO's.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    well actually i want to add coupons to newsletters offering and on the website as it will not cost us anything more and it might be considered an added value from our users, and of course experiment with it onsite and see if its worthwile for us and our users.

but i dont know anything about coupons...and have never used one to be honest successfully many times i tried most of the times were expired.

so thats why i am asking for assistance to understand how exactly works where can i find them and how to implement them -and i dont mean via SE but rather via email (double opt in) and on website-.

Go the extra mile and search ABW for GoldenCan or.... www.goldencan.com and use their ecatalog feed with coupons with a few lines of code.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Mike giving advice on coupons hehe

ABW Ambassador
    well as i said to mike on a PM sent to him i actually looking for me to intergrate coupons to my site than going to spam either via SE or emails... hehehehe

next? hehehe ;-)

My advice is still Goldencan (product & coupons) for your site. Established couponers and the incent tricksters will kill you in the SERPs and drive up PPCSE costs. No one really needs another coupon/incentive/deal e-mail newsletter so get creative. What products or merchants can you push into a click via your newsletter? Know your audience or you lose them!

ABW Ambassador
    mike i dont care about SERPs and PPCSE costs as i am not going to enter this field... its going to be placed/promoted via the site.

and the email is targeted one and its not going to be one for the email said by you. we just want to have the conversions and revenues from email send outs to increase, is that bad?

we know our market and what to push to this segment market.

as an ancient greek said if you know something half you know nothing about it thats why i am looking for more construtive and more in dept information and assistance into this area.

ABW Ambassador
    Where to find them:
    In the merchant's creative.
    In the affiliate emails they send out.
    Some allow you to use coupons from the regular newsletters they send out to customers. If you're not sure, ask them.
    Some merchants have urls where they keep this kind of info updated.
    Some networks have special sections for deals. SAS a coupon link you can click which will bring up a whole pages of coupons. There's a promotion category in LS. At BeFree/Reporting.net there is an offers link. In CJ you can search for them.

How to use them.
    They usually come in a code or link.
    With a coupon link, you just post it and the user has to click on it to activate it. It will either go to a landing page explaining the deal or the deal will be reflected at checkout.

Then you have a code. That you can just post to your site something along the lines of: $10 off $50 Code:YOYO Expires: Whenever

So they're out there you just have to look.
    Last edited by Trust; September 15th, 2005 at 01:21 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    thank you very much, do you have any tips and tricks to watch out...i mean what to avoid.

mike i didnt want to be offensive hope you understand what i am looking for.

ABW Ambassador
    Can't think of anything right now, I would make sure you have the expiration dates right.

That's a good point. I have ceased posting any coupons that do not have an expiration date. It's just too time consuming to monitor them and they tend to get cancelled without warning.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread