Ordered item and shipped item
    Hi All,

From my report I see that I have more ordered items than shipped items. Can someone explain why is this possible? Why amazon didn't ship all the ordered items?

Regards,
    Sjarief

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shilmy
    Hi All,

From my report I see that I have more ordered items than shipped items. Can someone explain why is this possible? Why amazon didn't ship all the ordered items?

Regards,
    Sjarief

Shilmy,

Amazon only pays on shipped items. No clue about why they didn't ship ordered items. Maybe if the items are in stock, they ship, if not they don't. Also, some third party items are out of their shipping control.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I've got 3 items at Amazon that haven't shipped in over 3 weeks. No returns, they just never shipped. No idea why. This is a big area in Amazon's reporting that needs to be addressed: we should be notified on out of stock items so we can pull links if necessary.

You can compare ordered items to shipped items to see what hasn't been shipped, but it's a pain in the neck to do it. Amazon should be able to generate better (more user friendly) reports.

Andy

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    You can compare ordered items to shipped items to see what hasn't been shipped, but it's a pain in the neck to do it. Amazon should be able to generate better (more user friendly) reports.

Andy
    Amazon linking is the biggest PITA. I can never get product text links to work or track correctly.

You're right, Andy, Amazon should make their reports and linking ability more user friendly. I've asked many times for help getting product links to work but rarely have I had an answer from them that helps.

They sure don't pay enough to make it worth agonizing over but they seem to be one of the only up and up companies as far as paying what's actually earned so I use them more than I would any other merchant paying such paltry commissions.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Sometimes they are pre-orders... Like when a person orders a product before it's released.

Thanks for all reply.

I just notice that the shipping items increase, while the ordered items not. So I guess for certain items, it takes longer time to ship.

Regards,
    Sjarief

Ordered vs. shipped
    Here is a classic example of orders vs. shipments: last quarter (Q2 '05) I saw three orders for 96 copies each of three books. One batch of 96 books was shipped about a week later, during Q2. The others were not shipped until about a month later, and shipped in Q3. I assume this was because Amazon did not have 96 copies in stock, and it is possible that the publisher had to reprint the book. These were almost certainly orders for use in schools, and thus the delay during the summer was not an issue, as long as the books were actually shipped by mid-August (which they were).

I also occasionally see an order that is never filled, usually because a book has gone out of print but the publisher did not notify Amazon until after the order was submitted (e.g. the publisher got Amazon's order, and someone in the publisher's warehouse discovered that there were no books left even though the computer said there was inventory remaining).

The longest delay from order to shipment that I have seen was just under 90 days -- but I don't track these, so it's possible that delays can be even longer.

I do not see any evidence of Amazon either accelerating or delaying shipment in order to manipulate affiliate earnings (i.e. I was annoyed that I didn't get paid for those 192 books that were ordered but didn't ship in Q2, but it looks like their shipment in Q3 will pop me over the % threshhold in Q3 so it should balance out).

I find that about 10% of my orders every quarter don't ship. Many reasons. Person cancel's order. Credit card is denied. Especially on larger ticket items.

Also my wife has had Amazon cancel orders on her because the items just never come back into stock
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

Cool
    I used to be bothered by the difference between ordered and shipped items, but gradually came to realize that orders do get cancelled, delayed, whatever. right now there is a difference of 30 items in my account. maybe I'll see some of them ship in the next week, and maybe some of them in the next month, but the number difference does build up during the quarter so I have to assume a lot of them just won't ship.

I do hope they ship tomorrow, as the unshipped are holding up the jump to the next performance level.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread