Exclamation Estimated Payments ? Transaction Reports
    To gripes or questions for the price of one.

1: Where did the estimated payments link go?

2: What gives one day I am getting a huge check the next day it is taken out of one column and put in another and the check is half the amount for "Pending Commissions" I am assuming this is our new esitmated payment ?

I guess this leaves me very confused.

Quote Originally Posted by apex-auctions
    To gripes or questions for the price of one.

1: Where did the estimated payments link go?

2: What gives one day I am getting a huge check the next day it is taken out of one column and put in another and the check is half the amount for "Pending Commissions" I am assuming this is our new esitmated payment ?

I guess this leaves me very confused.
    I guess I'm just as confused as what you are. Yesterday all my August transactions were "locked". Today some are "locked" and others are "closed", and the total commissions (which I presume are for the next payment) does not include the "closed" transactions, which were included in the total yesterday. How the hell are we supposed to make head or tail of this? What exactly does "closed" mean - I would sure like to know.

As I understand, the "Commissions" under "Current Balance (September, 2005)" in your transaction report is the payment amount.

Locked commisions are commissions that can no longer be reversed. Closed commissions are the commisions that CJ has collected on. The closed amount moves to your current balance (last box). The current balance is what is payed. In theory, on the 20th, everything that was locked should be closed by this point. Your locked column should read 0.00, your current balance total (very last line) should equal the amount that was locked on the 10th (previous months commissions+incentives+extended commisions from the month prior to the last). In short locked going down in value between the 10th-20th is a good thing. In my case it hasn't gone down a lick and with 2 business days left until payout date, that leaves me with the bad feeling that CJ is now going to operate like linkshare and just pay when they get paid, no matter how late. I should check their TOS to see if they have changed the payment terms.

My payment was the same 90% of the funds were targeted for payout. Nice since it is normaly only 50% now as of this morning it changed from 90% for the pay out to only 40% pay out. Quite a HUGE change just over night. The funds are still there but not scheduled for this month. I mostly deal with ebay and this month there were supposed to be real time reporting and no reversals, no delays.

Something is wrong....

I guess my question is what will I get paid ?

Balance Detail
    Pending Commissions $xxxxxxx USD
    Current Balance $bbbbbbb USD
    Total $yyyyyyyy USD

The amount of "current balance" is your payment. The "Pending Commissions" is what you earned so far this month.

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    The amount of "current balance" is your payment. The "Pending Commissions" is what you earned so far this month.
    Wrong... that's what's so convoluted about this new reporting. You've earned only the "New" total under "Pending Commissions" - that is unless you have some September sales already extended for whatever reason. The only way to get a quick snapshot of your current month earnings is to look at the CJ Account Manager home page, and then add the current day's sales to it. The amount under "Current Balance" doesn't show your payment until all sales have transferred from "Locked" in the "Pending Commissions" section to "Commissions" in the "Current Balance" section... anyone still with me?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Wrong... that's what's so convoluted about this new reporting. You've earned only the "New" total under
    Ok, I will make it simple what number do we get paid 1-12?

By the above is it Number 4 ?

Balance Detail
    Pending Commissions $1 USD
    Current Balance $2 USD
    Total $3 USD

Pending Commissions
    New $4 USD
    Extended $5USD
    Locked $6 USD
    Total $7 USD
    Commission Summary: By Advertiser | By Event Date

Current Balance (September, 2005)
    Beginning Balance $8 USD
    Commissions $9 USD
    Fees $10 USD
    Publisher Payments $11 USD
    Total $12 USD

"only the Shadow knows!" (and I guess I am dating myself with that remark!)

Balance Detail
    Current Balance $2 USD
    Total $3 USD

Pending Commissions
    New $4 USD
    Extended $5USD
    Locked $6 USD
    Total $7 USD

Beginning Balance $8 USD
    Commissions $9 USD
    Fees $10 USD
    Total $12 USD
    Nope... you SHOULD get paid 12 + 6, although I'm still unsure of what the "beginning balance" comprises, so you might have to subtract 8 depending on what the heck it is.

Balance Detail
    Current Balance $2 USD
    Total $3 USD

Pending Commissions
    New $4 USD
    Extended $5USD
    Locked $6 USD
    Total $7 USD

Beginning Balance $8 USD
    Commissions $9 USD
    Fees $10 USD
    Total $12 USD

What you (and everyone else will get paid on) is the total of the CURRENT BALANCE amount. I confirmed this with CJ yesterday.

This amount may go up between now and the 20th. If it does, you will get paid whatever the balance of the "CURRENT BALANCE" is on the 20th, including the amount of the increase if there was one.

This amount will not go down between now and the 20th. It will go down to zero once you are paid.

What the "CURRENT BALANCE" represents is the amount of commissions that CJ has collected on.

The "BEGINNING BALANCE" represents commissions CJ had collected on prior to the end of last month, but were not paid out. Typically these amounts are collected between the 20th and the end of the month (which is why they had not been paid out in the prior month).

MY PROBLEM WITH THIS IS THAT CJ IS DOING A HALF-ASSED JOB COLLECTING MONIES FROM ADVERTISERS. At the end of August, I had a balance of $38K, which back in the day would have meant that I'd be receiving $38K on the 20th of this month. But now, my "Current Balance" is only $16K. So, yes this is a problem. I even have $500 in commissions from July (from multiple advertisers) that has not been collected on.

EVERYBODY, CHECK YOUR CURRENT BALANCES & SEE IF IT IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE. The vastness of my problem (I'm waiting on 8-10 advertisers to pay up) leads me to believe that likely other publishers are having similar problems. I was short-paid last month ($7k) as well.

Here's how you can tell if you have uncollected commissions:
    1. Go into "pending commissions"
    2. Click on "locked"
    3. You will see commission earnings listed day-by-day in chronological order. If there are any line items for August, you may be looking at delayed payments.

What CJ is doing:
    To their credit, they are looking at advertiser payments to them and applying these payments to publishers on a daily basis. And any late payments the Network Quality dept. is supposedly handling.

But it appears CJ's current efforts are not enough. If enough publishers apply enough pressure, maybe they will proactively start to be stricter with collection of advertiser payments. I am going to email CJ and all of my delinquent advertisers tomorrow, but I really shouldn't have to! Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow and see all of my late payments posted to my "current balance".

Quote Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
    What you (and everyone else will get paid on) is the total of the CURRENT BALANCE amount. I confirmed this with CJ yesterday.

This amount may go up between now and the 20th. If it does, you will get paid whatever the balance of the "CURRENT BALANCE" is on the 20th, including the amount of the increase if there was one.

This amount will not go down between now and the 20th. It will go down to zero once you are paid.

What the "CURRENT BALANCE" represents is the amount of commissions that CJ has collected on.

The "BEGINNING BALANCE" represents commissions CJ had collected on prior to the end of last month, but were not paid out. Typically these amounts are collected between the 20th and the end of the month (which is why they had not been paid out in the prior month).

MY PROBLEM WITH THIS IS THAT CJ IS DOING A HALF-ASSED JOB COLLECTING MONIES FROM ADVERTISERS. At the end of August, I had a balance of $38K, which back in the day would have meant that I'd be receiving $38K on the 20th of this month. But now, my "Current Balance" is only $16K. So, yes this is a problem. I even have $500 in commissions from July (from multiple advertisers) that has not been collected on.

EVERYBODY, CHECK YOUR CURRENT BALANCES & SEE IF IT IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE. The vastness of my problem (I'm waiting on 8-10 advertisers to pay up) leads me to believe that likely other publishers are having similar problems. I was short-paid last month ($7k) as well.

Here's how you can tell if you have uncollected commissions:
    1. Go into "pending commissions"
    2. Click on "locked"
    3. You will see commission earnings listed day-by-day in chronological order. If there are any line items for August, you may be looking at delayed payments.
    You hit the nail on the head, but last month they moved nearly all the payments to pending by the 20th (or 25th), but there were those remaining amounts ($7k for you) that weren't paid because CJ supposedly couldn't finish processing them in time. Well, I was short paid a bit too and I never got that extra check early this month that was promised. I'm sure all of us would like to know when CJ allows them to go on credit as well (so there aren't any K-B fiascos again), but that could be really scary.

(so there aren't any K-B fiascos again)

What was the K-B fiasco?

(so there aren't any K-B fiascos again)

What was the K-B fiasco?
    Do a search for kbtoys in this forum and you'll find out quickly

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    You hit the nail on the head, but last month they moved nearly all the payments to pending by the 20th (or 25th), but there were those remaining amounts ($7k for you) that weren't paid because CJ supposedly couldn't finish processing them in time. Well, I was short paid a bit too and I never got that extra check early this month that was promised.

Same problem here. Any "extra check".
    July : Only 70% transactions are "closed" (Others till now "locked").
    August : Closed only 30 % (at this time).

Quote Originally Posted by cjscooter
    that leaves me with the bad feeling that CJ is now going to operate like linkshare and just pay when they get paid
    Oh no...

This is definitely why I'm not getting paid.

As of the end of last June, my balance was only $4.67. In July, I earned another $20+, bringing my total above the $25 miniumum. In August and September, I got quite a bit more. But I have yet to receive one dime from CJ because my "current balance" remains $4.67.

At this point, some of my commissions are "locked" and the rest are "new". They told me in an email that "locked means we are getting ready to pay you that amount", and that's the straightest answer I've managed to get from them. If the locked commissions (which are from July and August) get moved over to my "current balance" before this month's checks go out, I guess maybe I'll be paid for them. If not, I'll have to wait at least another month to see a dime of what I'm owed.

People have told me not to be frustrated because "CJ does pay" but from my perspective, it's certainly reminiscent of cutesy semantic accounting tricks designed to let the payee break terms by redefining those terms.

Okay, but why do the numbers keep changing? My current balance keeps going up and down, but no reversals. I thought it was pretty much locked into place after the 12th?

I like the "estimate" link that was there before. It was SO much easier. I guess CJ doesn't strive to make things easier for anyone.

I do like some of the new reports I will admit. It has helped me pinpoint some needed improvements. However it was never worth the price we paid with all this up and down stuff.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread