White Hat vs Black Hat SEO
    Where is the best place I can learn about Black Hat SEO practices.

I have no interest in performing these tactics myself as they seem to be sleazy and I'm allergic to sleaze (ha choo) but I would like to know what I am up against as I'm trying to play things fair.

I'm trying learn everything about affiliate marketing which means the good and bad.

Thanks,

Hungerformore

ABW Ambassador
    Doug is a white hat
    http://www.ihelpyouservices.com/forums/
    Conduct a search for blackhat
    Doug uses the term blackhat = SE spammer

ABW Ambassador
    And if you really want to understand some of what you are up against just check this out.

Black Hat techniques tend to be clear violations of search engine guidelines. The following provides links to the guidelines pages. It is a good idea for every Web site owner to read them.

Webmaster Guidelines

Most people who want to learn about Black Hat techniques tend to start experimenting with them. Beware that the Black Hat side of SEO will suck you into the dark realms. I'm a strict White Hatter. I always tell people that Black Hat techniques do work and can boost your rankings significantly. But they only work until you get caught. You will find these techniques being used on usually 2 or 3 out of the top 10 pages in any search results.

IMHO, it's not worth the risk. I spend a lot of time repairing the damages done to sites by Black Hat SEO companies. Sometimes the only way to resolve an issue where you get banned by Google is to register another domain and start over. Keep that in mind before you venture into the dark side.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

Thanks for the info guys...I would'nt know what to do even if I wanted to do black hat SEO.

So is this like the Dark Side of the force... once you get in it is hard getting out? "You have no idea of the power of the Dark Side"

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread