Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unhappy Where did all of my sales go?
    They were there this morning, now 90% are gone. When is this issue going to be resolved and WHERE are my sales? Is it just me experiencing this today?

Internet Cowboy
    PacMan has gotten loose in the CJ servers and is eating our sales.
    I know this is silly, but if I address it seriously it will only piss me off.

Red face
    I just did a transaction by date ( view all transactions, detail, by date) and they are there. They just don't show on the global report. I feel better but I am tempted to take screen shots.

I had them.

Last night several hundred dollars showed up, then left. Looks like you are on the other end. You got them, they are gone, then they come back.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I had them.

Last night several hundred dollars showed up, then left. Looks like you are on the other end. You got them, they are gone, then they come back.
    If everyone would send me their sales and they would STICK I would stop complaining

I have given up on trusting reporting until at least 3 days after the fact.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello cj,

I am curious as others here on what has happened.

Last night I logged in at around 12am. I noticed I had doudle of the sales I had the previous 5 minutes, before midnight 9-16-05.

I took a screen shot that shows this double balance after, then this morning it was back to previous nights balance.

I will be glad to show to someone at cj.com the screen shot and account number if you would like to reasearch further what happened.

You can PM or email me jorge @jrami.com

Thanks,

Jorge

I got blessed with a mysterious $400 this morning...it vanished this afternoon..

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi
    I got blessed with a mysterious $400 this morning...it vanished this afternoon..
    I'm a bit surprised we have not heard anything about this from anyone at CJ (or did I miss it). This has been going on now for about 18 hours. What's up?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Todd keeps skipping over that one. Since last nite my account balance has been jumping all over the place.

I'm getting a lot of sales that appear under "transaction detail" but never make their way to the "commission detail" reports, or to the balance.

This has been happening for several days at least. Looks like we get to look at them but there is nothing to suggest that we might get paid for them. The money is lost in a parallel universe.

I have given up on trusting reporting until at least 3 days after the fact.
    Money for sales that show in transaction reports for three days ago still has not materialized in the balance.

Make it over a week, checked back to the 7th so far and finding many transactions that never made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Make it over a week, checked back to the 7th so far and finding many transactions that never made it.
    The transaction reports are useless. They merely show the flow from the locked status to the commissions status from pending commissions to the current commissions category. We had this same issue last month. They are not new sales, and I cannot see how the information is useful anyway. Just pay us what we're owed and we'll be happy!

Why is this so confusing for everyone?! Click on the "Commissions" balance under "Current Balance". You'll see transactions dated 9/7 (to answer your question Choco) and later. Those are the amounts that keep spiking your balance as the progress from Pending to Current. They will get hung up every now and then, and if you check the Locked balance and Commissions balance when this happens, you'll see that some amounts have been duplicated. This of course rectifies itself when the money has been transferred completely (or whatever is going on). Nobody is having their commissions stolen during this process (that's not to say that commissions aren't missing as a result of other means, but these aren't new sales that are increasing and decreasing your balance!).

ABW Ambassador
    Apparently they updated the message on the home page, i think they just updated the date, same message as a week ago. We're making headway, things will get better in the next several weeks blah blah. Shooting for a 2 month upgrade? I have 1 sale post today. Is there some secret combination of reports i have to click to see them? Or are sales even tracking today?

Edit i just tried Transaction Detail for today and there are all kinds of sales showing up there..

As I said in another thread, I suspected they would post an announcement by the end of the day.

If this was an easy fix I bet it would be fixed by now. At least sales are reporting. Not exactly the way we like, but still reporting.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1

Edit i just tried Transaction Detail for today and there are all kinds of sales showing up there..
    Trust... read what I wrote just before you posted. The transaction detail are not even September sales. They are aggregated transactions from July extended sales and August non-extended sales. The report is basically useless, but shows you which merchants have paid their fees (or that CJ is covering for them on credit).

ABW Ambassador
    Uh, I don't what that is exactly. Those aren't my sales for today, even tho clicking on detail it says the event date is today. Ah thanks tickeyguyz, so basically it's a report saying it's one thing but it's not.

Uh, I don't what that is exactly. Those aren't my sales for today, even tho clicking on detail it says the event date is today.
    That's because the reporting is stupid. Run the transaction report for September and you'll see that the total matches your "commissions" under current balance. You can add up the various aggregated transactions for any particular merchant, and you should be able to trace that back to either August sales if non-extended, or to July's extended sales for that merchant, plus any August non-extended sales. Confusing right? Maybe Todd can explain how these stupid transaction reports are helpful.

By the way, I think what makes the transaction reports so confusing is that the old transaction reports show what the new commission detail reports show, and these new transaction reports didn't exist at all before. Why they would rename something we were so used to, I don't know...

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah i'm looking at transaction detail for September which looks more like it should. Running it just for today and the amount is half of all of September which doesn't make any sense. I didn't make half of my September income on 1 day. And looking thru the September transaction detail it's like wow i didn't know i got sales for those merchants because those sales never showed up in the regular reports i always check.

Edited to add, actually that report is ****ed up too. There are merchants i have had sales with this month that are not showing up in that report.

Another edit to add: Trying some of the other reports:
    Publisher Home Commission Summary Transaction Summary Commission Junction - Error

There was an error processing your request.

The incident has been logged and we are working to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Click here return to the Commission Junction Account Manager.

I'm just going to have to do a lot of shopping over the next week with some test purchases.
    Last edited by Trust; September 16th, 2005 at 07:39 PM.

Yeah i'm looking at transaction detail for September which looks more like it should. Running it just for today and the amount is half of all of September which doesn't make any sense. I didn't make half of my September income on 1 day. And looking thru the September transaction detail it's like wow i didn't know i got sales for those merchants because those sales never showed up in the regular reports i always check.

Edited to add, actually that report is ****ed up too. There are merchants i have had sales with this month that are not showing up in that report.
    Trust... NO sales will show up from September in the transaction report (hence, ignore the "event date" since it doesn't apply to the underlying transactions). It includes only sales from extended July transactions and non-extended August transactions. We should really think of the transaction report as the commission report since it tells us what we'll be getting paid, and the commission report as the transaction report, since it shows the individual transactions for any given time period. That's what happens when you have no user input though...

ABW Ambassador
    So what buttons do i need to push to see:

Transactions for today

Transactions for the month

Since i figured running a transaction report for September would show me transactions for September.

So what buttons do i need to push to see:

Transactions for today

Transactions for the month

Since i figured running a transaction report for September would show me transactions for September.
    Ha... yeah, it's all in the commission detail and commission summary reports now. Those will show you what the old transaction reports provided, except now you can run the report by either posting date (the old way) or event date (to see what you actually earned in the 24 hour period called today). There is basically no reason to ever run the transaction reports.

My balance just did an up and down trick for the first time since this thread started. Also no sales posted since 15:09, Are sales delayed tonight???

there has to be a better transaction tracking system....
    a downloadable program or something..?
    this is getting ridiculous!
    Visit me over at... [URL=http://www.socialrankings.com]Social Rankings[/URL] or [URL=http://revenuerobot.blogspot.com]Revenue Robot[/URL]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast