Affiliate Terminated
    Outdoor Decor recentlly terminated me (wooooooo hoooooo, I'm now replacing them with the same products from companies that have 3 X'S Thier EPC!! It says that it will become effective the 13th. Being that it is now the 16th and the links are still working, am I simply sending them free traffic? I have other things that need to take priority over replacing all of their links (since I only send them a few clicks a day), but I also don't want to be sending them one free visitor either! Anybody have a clue if the links that still work after being terminated, you still get credit. They aren't showing up in my "Invalid Link" report. thanks.

You should check your transaction report to see if you get credits for that. I had one advertiser moved out of CJ 2 months ago. I still see clicks from "invalid links" report. But nothing in my summary or transaction reports. The advertiser got some free traffic.

Outdoor Decor is not in my traffic reports.. Yet the CJ links still work.. Guess I'm sending them free traffic. Get canned by a merchant, and they still get the free traffic without having to pay commissions. What a deal!

Yep. Happens all the time. Until you disable the links from your site, they get a free ride on your nickle.

In fact, I am sure some of them count on affiliates not getting them down fast enough.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Another cute one is Figleaves. Their links are still active up to some point, but they terminate affiliates before then. The links still work but the affiliate does not get paid for referrals. I wonder if CJ gets to keep the whole kaboodle on those ones.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mastershops
    Outdoor Decor recentlly terminated me (wooooooo hoooooo, I'm now replacing them with the same products from companies that have 3 X'S Thier EPC!!
    Don't feel bad Mastershops. They terminated me, too. I used them for a newsletter campaign I was running on gardening and outdoor products but they were not featured on my site. I wonder how much free traffic they're getting from the archived version of my newsletter. I'll have to find the specific one and replace their ad. I really dislike giving a merchant free traffic, especially when they boot me from their program. Grrrrrrr

They didn't convert at all, so no big loss. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Another cute one is Figleaves. Their links are still active up to some point, but they terminate affiliates before then. The links still work but the affiliate does not get paid for referrals. I wonder if CJ gets to keep the whole kaboodle on those ones.

According to the Figleaves.com Affiliate Program Team, CJ has had some problems in closing down their program. Their links are still working. I made a sale today.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Hold up....Diddy time.

Figleaves moved their program from CJ to Linkshare, their AM is Bobbie Bryson and her Assistant is Gina....They are good people fo shizzle.....If there is a problem give them a shout....it will be fixed.

Sometimes Diddy knows best......Ha you don't buy it do ya.....Either do I......

I see everybody is still thrilled with their trusted third party . . .

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    Hold up....Diddy time.

Figleaves moved their program from CJ to Linkshare, their AM is Bobbie Bryson and her Assistant is Gina....They are good people fo shizzle.....If there is a problem give them a shout....it will be fixed.

Sometimes Diddy knows best......Ha you don't buy it do ya.....Either do I......
    I second this one. Bobbie Bryson is excellent - look them up on Linkshare.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread