looking for some help
    I only recently set up my own website, an online pet bakery, and I places some affiliate links on it. My problem now is getting people to my sight. Is there anyone willing to give me some helpful advise of ways of doing this without spending a fortune?

Thanks
    Chris

give away a prize and give another for people who referred people to win the prize. Make the prize good

ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    I only recently set up my own website, an online pet bakery, and I places some affiliate links on it.
    No, no, no - please don't do that! You've got an ecom site, so get any signs of affiliate links off and do a separate affiliate site for pet stuff with no dots connected between the sites, hosting or otherwise - and no linking for the time being.

Hang around here, read and learn about affiliate marketing, and try the different pet vendors around for an afflliate site if you want to pursue that route as a secondary revenue stream.

It takes a while to rank with Google now (figure 6 to 9 months) and it's now starting to take a while longer than it did with Yahoo too, to get a site indexed and ranking. MSN is much quicker, you can start to see something in a month. For starters you'll need to get the basics on on-page SEO down and get quality inbound links - easier with the ecom site, with more avenues of approach.

For your product site, since it's technically "handmade" or "handcrafted" goods, you have additional avenues of promotion and inbound linking from within the crafts industry. Do that right off - you won't find high PR links but it's pretty white hat and you're liable to get inbound traffic to boot. People do spend money on pets, and the holidays are coming up.

Also, for the ecom site (without any hint of affiliate stuff on it), pick exactly the right category and read the guidelines very, *very* carefully and submit to ODP.

You can alter strategies later on, and when you've got rolling a bit you can sign up at Shareasale for a minimal cost and get some sales for your goodies via marketers with pet sites. Again, spend time here learning about the biz since there's a learning curve.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread