ABW Ambassador
    .ie, .com.nz and .com.au where from?
    where can i get the best -in terms of value for money of course- .ie and .com.au and .com.nz (for new zealand correct me if i am wrong on the extention) domains?

it would be usefull if the registar is as good and as friendly as godaddy.

thank you advance

Hi KGP,

You might want to try domaincentral.com.au - I know a few people who have been happy using them and they're cheap. You can register .com.au names there and also .co.nz for New Zealand... that is if you're eligible. I assume you know it's not as easy as registering a .com name.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

For a .com.au you need to own a related business name/trading name and supply an ABN (Australian Business Number) or ACN (Australian Company Number).

I've used NameScout(.com and .com.au) for my au domains, they're cheap and I consider them as good and friendly as GoDaddy (all my non-au domains are with GoDaddy).

P.S. Just a side note and probably irrelevant to you but.. did you know that .com.au domains can't be 'sold'. This is because technically you are not the 'owner', just the registrant.

Hope that helps.

ABW Ambassador
    thanks... i was informed from another forum that as long as i "have" an Australian address its ok...so i am just gonna ask some friends to assist me on that ;-)

It's not that simple - you need to be a registered business. I've made a page of info here:
    http://searchenginez.com.au/domain_names.html

I have always used NameScout and have been happy with them. But SmartyHost are now cheaper, and others should follow suit as the .com.au authority reduced fees last week
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

ABW Ambassador
    hmmm.... and i need to register the domain names down under ;-(

thanks anyway all for your assistance

Hey KGP, don't be deterred...

You probably have an ABN anyway, or if you don't... you can get one Free and register your business (in OZ) online at www.abr.gov.au. That's Free to do.

Then all you'll need is the Business name / Trading name which you can get for ~$70 (if you're in victoria you can register it online at Consumer Affiars Victoria : http://online.justice.vic.gov.au/servlet/cav_home ) - not sure about the URL's for the other states.

It's all pretty instant, fill out a form, pay online and you have a business name/ abn / etc. Then you can apply for the .com.au domain that matches your business name.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread