Netscape 8.0
    Anyone try the new Netscape 8.0 yet..??
    It's probably the best browser they have ever released...
    Even though I still hate the looks of it...

I like the fact that you can display as "FireFox" or "IE" with a click...
    Pretty handy for testing new web pages for cross browser errors..

I have and like it a lot.

+ : Right click on the tab of any particular site and poof - you get the instant ability to control how much you trust a site, block or unblock pop ups, etc.. - really cool feature.

- : Some of the merchant stores aren't working with it - L'ancome's a good example. Won't let me checkout using Netscape 8.0.3.3.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

liz. can you tell me if our site works on it.
    if not i will speak to my webmaster
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I installed it - but it didn't import any of my email settings - and I have a LOT of emails I can't delete

So I have it installed, but I'm still using v7.2 so I can access my emails

Hi Neil! Just tested Plazan's checkout with the new Netscape and it's working like a charm. Just one lil' point of contention that you may want to look into. I ordered a $48 eye cream and checking out was only one option of a $24 shipping charge. I know that won't fly with a lot of our beauty shoppers which is a shame because your products are really amazing.

Billy Kay - I cannot part with my Netscape email and was in the same situation. I downloaded Mozilla's Thunderbird and it miraculously transferred all my emails (not a one was missing), which let me take the older Netscape off my system. I really like Thunderbird a lot more too - excellent filtering options --- much better search function in it and you can use it for reading blogs/feeds.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Thanks liz..
    free shipping is being dealt with as we speak.
    another thread here about it..
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ghlight=plazan
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Thumbs down 404 pages problem
    When I get to a 404 page instead of giving me a 404 message it redirects me to its search page, with a search for the URL I was trying for.

I hope there's a way to turn that off but I haven't found it yet.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Does it import any settings from other browsers? (specifically I'm thinking of Mozilla here which is reaching the end of its development roadmap).
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

With big security companies saying mozilla browsers are more vulnerable to attack than IE why would any of you use Netscape 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamoo
    Does it import any settings from other browsers? (specifically I'm thinking of Mozilla here which is reaching the end of its development roadmap).
    Dunno. I put it on my new laptop that didn't have any other browsers to import from.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    With big security companies saying mozilla browsers are more vulnerable to attack than IE why would any of you use Netscape 8?
    Big security companies = Symantec though, and that's all as far as I can see. I don't buy their analysis.. with no ActiveX and no OS integration, there's a limit to the amount of damage that can be done with Mozilla browsers. In fact, many of the recent flaws have been because of bugs in the Sun Java engine, not the browser.

IE6 is fundamentally insecure. IE7 will probably be better. But there wouldn't be an IE7 without Firefox pushing Microsoft along.

Never mind security though - tabbed browsing and good password management are things I can't live without.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Oh yes, it imports from IE, Firefox, Mozilla and older versions of Netscape which is nice.

You can view the page with the Firefox or IE rendering engines within the same browser - so you don't need to fire up a different browser if the site doesn't work with the Firefox engine.

Interesting

'Nother flaw with Netscape 8.0.3.3

When I was shopping Amazon/ToysRUs for my son's birthday (in the ToysRUs section), 7 out of 10x when I went to hit the back arrow, Amazon closed my session. Items were still in the shopping cart - but it was very annoying as I had to go back to Amazon's homepage and re-search for what I was looking for. Happens particularly (but not limited to) when you're searching for a particular item on Amazon & try to check the search items out.

Exact message:

Warning: Page has Expired

The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

(NOTE: I'm not using IE)

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

(When I hit Refresh - I get):

Attention: There appears to be a bug in the web browser you are currently using. Here are some ways to get around the problem:

• To return to the page you were previously on: --click the BACK button on your browser's navigation bar until you reach the desired page.
    • To checkout --click on the shopping cart icon at the top of the page and proceed through the checkout process using the standard server (instead of the secure server). You can phone or fax the credit card information to us.
    Your Web browser is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0) Netscape/8.0.3.3.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com

Hi All, thanks for the heads-up... I'll have to check this out.

Love You,
    HumbleFish

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread