Internet Cowboy
    Donations for CJ?
    Should we take up a collection and offer it to CJ in an effort to get some reports that work and restore functionality to the rest of the network? Maybe they are broke and haven't told anyone. Why else would they let their system go to hell and do nothing but post in the Acct. Mgr. that it has their highest priority. If a company has millions in liquid assets and places its "Highest Priority" on fixing some bugs that are critical to its operation, I would guess that such bugs could be fixed within a month. We are now working on TWO MONTHS with the same bugs and CJ still has their message up.

Apparently money is an issue, otherwise they would have the resources they need tofix these bugs while being able to process payments and offer reliable reporting at the same time. If money is not an issue, then CJ just doesn't give a rat's ass about its publishers or merchants. Certainly that is not the case....is it?

I am willing to make a small contribution if it will help them. Anyone else?

Hey Uncle Scooter,

You definitely seem to have an issue with CJ there!! I too was wondering the same thing you mentioned, but it would've been inappropriate if I had started this post. I work for a new network moving into the US market (we originate from Europe) and it has been my job to acquire information about the other networks out there in order to get a broader understanding of how they function in the States. Through information and also my own personal experience I would say that my main issue with Commission Junction is that they are extremely impersonal. I dont know about you, but I hate to be treated by these networks like a robot, especially when they assume that we are part of "their" network, when actually we are the programme providers' (merchants) network so to speak.

I do believe CJ has a lack of understanding when it comes to relationship handling, and i tend to see this recurring pattern in many other networks. So maybe i should donate money to CJ, just so they can take up some interpersonal skills courses. Might work, you never know.......

Internet Cowboy
    I am perfectly happy being treated like a robot. I do not desire a personal relationship with a network. What I DO desire is functionality and the ability of the network to perform all the necessary apsects of its operation.
    I don't think this is an unreasonable request.

BTW: Welcome to ABW Anniegoal
    Last edited by UncleScooter; September 20th, 2005 at 10:10 AM. Reason: to say welcome to ABW

Well I am happy with CJ since they pay promptly(except last month). I don't like the new reporting system. It's not user friendly and unstable.

Thanks for the welcome! Good to be here, though you must forgive my naiveness. I guess i havent dealt with various networks long enough in order to understand that personal contact is not always necessary, depending on the needs of the person.

Of course functionality is the prime factor, that goes without saying. But it would be nice to have a representative be in touch from time to time as an added bonus. Perhaps in the future I will hop on the bandwagon of being exceedingly grateful just when there's a month of reliable and accurate tracking and payment!

scooter.. sometimes you crack me up
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

It all seems to work for me fine. Maybe because I'm a conservative and can figure it out on my own without government hep.

Get it?

Poop in Sunshine

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread